RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014 mock draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaase22

PostPosted: 09/13/13 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The shock would be dumb to do that sorry.

babycoop09 wrote:
After seeing Stricklen start to come into her own I'm thinking the shock trade their pick to Seattle for her and their 2nd round pick..that would give the shock a good small forward that can play power forward and the storm a lottery pick plus their first round pick

Goodrich/Williams
Diggins/Wiggins
Stricklen/Hodges
Johnson/Jackson/Lacy
Cambage/Paris

Bird/TJJ
Wright/Quinn
Thomas/Clark
Little/Plaisance/Tinkle?
Jackson/ARob

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 09/14/13 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's another list I compiled from the world university trials. I think it all depends on who's selecting in what order. I can easily see Gray, Thomas or Sims go 2-4 in no particular order. (assuming Chiney goes first.) But what if Tulsa gets the number one pick? They already have Glory. Do they take Thomas or Gray instead, or take Chiney and try for a shooter in the second? This draft is deep with role players who can make teams if they are in the right situation. I think this class will force the W to allow 12 player rosters again. I cant wait for the college season to start. I think A. Thomas will be a lot better this year with some point guards to actually pass her the ball. If she can get her shot together this summer, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see her move up.

Natalie Achonwa, F, 6-4
Gennifer Brandon, F, 6-2
Heather Butler, G, 5-5
Hallie Christofferson, F, 6-3
Alicia DeVaughn, C, 6-4
Stephanie Dolson, C, 6-5
Aaryn Ellenberg, G, 5-7
Christina Foggie, G, 5-11
Chassidy Fussell, G, 5-10
Chelsea Gray, G, 5-11
Cassie Harberts, F, 6-2
Bria Hartley, G, 5-7
Jordan Hooper, F, 6-2
Natasha Howard F, 6-3
Jasmine Lister, G, 5-4
Tricia Liston, G, 6-1
Maggie Lucas, G, 5-10
Tyaunna Marshall, G, 5-9
Kayla McBride, G, 5-10
Chiney Ogwumike, F, 6-3
Haley Peters, F, 6-3
Theresa Plaisance, F, 6-5
Shoni Schimmel, G, 5-9
Meighan Simmons, G, 5-9
Odyssey Sims, G, 5-8
DeNesha Stallworth, C, 6-3
Alyssa Thomas, F, 6-2

PostPosted: 09/14/13 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

babycoop09 wrote:
After seeing Stricklen start to come into her own I'm thinking the shock trade their pick to Seattle for her and their 2nd round pick..that would give the shock a good small forward that can play power forward and the storm a lottery pick plus their first round pick

Goodrich/Williams
Diggins/Wiggins
Stricklen/Hodges
Johnson/Jackson/Lacy
Cambage/Paris

Bird/TJJ
Wright/Quinn
Thomas/Clark
Little/Plaisance/Tinkle?
Jackson/ARob

I think Thomas' skills would be better in Tulsa and Seattle needs the outside shooting of Stricklen so don't see the point from Tulsa's standpoint.

babycoop09

PostPosted: 09/14/13 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
babycoop09 wrote:

Goodrich/Williams
Diggins/Wiggins
Stricklen/Hodges
Johnson/Jackson/Lacy
Cambage/Paris

Bird/TJJ
Wright/Quinn
Thomas/Clark
Little/Plaisance/Tinkle?
Jackson/ARob

I think Thomas' skills would be better in Tulsa and Seattle needs the outside shooting of Stricklen so don't see the point from Tulsa's standpoint.

Perhaps you're right I'm just doing some thinking...I'm bored and studying chemistry.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/14/13 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle will finish 17-17, it looks like we might see Atlanta, Washington & Indiana will finish 17-17. If that's the case, who gets picks 5-8?? The #5 pick and the #8 pick is a big difference in the coming draft(i.e. Dolson & Shimmel)

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/14/13 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By my count, should it end in a four-way tie, the head-to-head-to-head-to-head splits them without any further issues:

Atlanta 7-4
Seattle 3-3
Washington 5-6
Indiana 4-6

So Indy #5, Wash #6, Seattle #7, Atlanta #8.

Obviously, more permutations come into play depending on tomorrow's results, because we could end up with any of a variety of two-way or three-way ties.

PostPosted: 09/14/13 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
By my count, should it end in a four-way tie, the head-to-head-to-head-to-head splits them without any further issues:

Atlanta 7-4
Seattle 3-3
Washington 5-6
Indiana 4-6

So Indy #5, Wash #6, Seattle #7, Atlanta #8.

Obviously, more permutations come into play depending on tomorrow's results, because we could end up with any of a variety of two-way or three-way ties.

Damn.imagine if Indiana got the 5th pick and was able to draft Thomas,Dolson or Mcbride.That would be a great get for the Fever.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/14/13 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Damn.imagine if Indiana got the 5th pick and was able to draft Thomas,Dolson or Mcbride.That would be a great get for the Fever.

I can come up with very few good reasons for them to win tomorrow. Douglas needs to get work in with their better players, unfortunately, or I'd suggest resting everybody. Hassell, Clarendon and Pohlen for 35 minutes each kind of rest.

Fortunately for them, they lose most of the tie-breakers anyway. They're probably going to end up picking no worse than 6th.

PostPosted: 09/16/13 2:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about this scenario, let us say the lottery goes as planned and Tulsa gets the #3 pick. Let us also say for the hypothetical that Ogwumike and Thomas go 1 and 2.

PX needs a PG and Tulsa needs a scoring SF;

So Tulsa's #3 pick to PX for Bonner.

PX could reunite Sims and Griner and move DT back to the 2, or pick Gray if they prefer.

Tulsa could add Bonner to a front-court of GloJo and Big Liz, that is a nice 3, 4, 5 combo, if the guards get it together Tulsa would be much more competitve IMO.

So if you're PX and/or Tulsa do you do it? (Is it too early to think about these things, oh well, I can't help it.)

kool-aide

PostPosted: 09/30/13 9:23 am    ::: 2014 Order? Reply Reply with quote

So what is the draft order? Based on the .com standings, LA & Chicago were both 24-10 and 3 teams finished 17-17. LA & Chicago split. I don't know any tie breaker rules beyond head to head.

obvs, Conn, Tulsa, NY, SASS are the 4 lottery teams.

1. Lotto
2. Lotto
3. Lotto
4. Lotto
5. Indy (16-1Cool
6. Seattle/WAS/ATL
7. Seattle/WAS/ATL
8. Seattle/WAS/ATL
9. Phoenix (19-15)
10. LA/Chicago
11. LA/Chicago
12. Minny

pilight

PostPosted: 09/30/13 9:31 am    ::: Re: 2014 Order? Reply Reply with quote

kool-aide wrote:
So what is the draft order? Based on the .com standings, LA & Chicago were both 24-10 and 3 teams finished 17-17. LA & Chicago split. I don't know any tie breaker rules beyond head to head.

Chicago will pick ahead of LA based on cross conference record.

6-7-8 are based on the three way head to head record. Washington was 3-4 and picks #6, Seattle was 2-2 and picks #7, Atlanta was 4-3 and picks #8. Note that if Seattle and Atlanta had met in the finals the Storm would have had home court advantage, if the Storm had met Washington then the Mystics would have had home court.

PostPosted: 09/30/13 9:56 am    ::: Re: 2014 Order? Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
kool-aide wrote:

Chicago will pick ahead of LA based on cross conference record.

6-7-8 are based on the three way head to head record. Washington was 3-4 and picks #6, Seattle was 2-2 and picks #7, Atlanta was 4-3 and picks #8. Note that if Seattle and Atlanta had met in the finals the Storm would have had home court advantage, if the Storm had met Washington then the Mystics would have had home court.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

1. Lotto
2. Lotto
3. Lotto
4. Lotto
5. Indy (16-18 )
6. WAS
7. Seattle
8. ATL
9. Phoenix (19-15)
10. Chicago
11. LA
12. Minny

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/30/13 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lin Dunn tanking that last game was pure genius ...

1) She gets the fifth pick, and though I don't know the tiebreaks, maybe should could have finished eighth -- and that's a big difference.

2) She got Chicago in the first round, and had some favorable matchups she could exploit (including against Pokey). And to get to the Finals, she had to beat Chicago anyway, so why not do it first?

PostPosted: 09/30/13 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

1) She gets the fifth pick, and though I don't know the tiebreaks, maybe should could have finished eighth -- and that's a big difference.

Curiously enough, it made no difference. The Fever would have gotten the #5 pick and faced Chicago even if they had won the last game. Of course they had no way of knowing that, since Washington played later in the day.

PostPosted: 09/30/13 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Curiously enough, it made no difference. The Fever would have gotten the #5 pick and faced Chicago even if they had won the last game. Of course they had no way of knowing that, since Washington played later in the day.

I would still be very surprised if draft picks and match-ups were the reason. I think it is much more likely that the Fever thought Catchings, Zellous, and January could use that rest to play better going into the play-offs. This is a team and players who know what it takes to be successful in the play-offs and know their bodies. Catch, especially, isn't young any more.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/30/13 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

2) She got Chicago in the first round, and had some favorable matchups she could exploit (including against Pokey). And to get to the Finals, she had to beat Chicago anyway, so why not do it first?

Playing a damaged Katie Douglas 30+ minutes in an OT game was tanking? Shocked

kool-aide

PostPosted: 10/08/13 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are the top 4 picks Chiney, Sims, Thomas, Gray? A lot depends on Gray having a good rebound from injury, of course. I want her to recover to 100% Does McBride crack the top 4?

(posting here mostly to bump the 2014 draft thread to the first page)

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/08/13 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kool-aide wrote:
Are the top 4 picks Chiney, Sims, Thomas, Gray? A lot depends on Gray having a good rebound from injury, of course. I want her to recover to 100% Does McBride crack the top 4?

I believe right now those are the expected top 4 picks, but that can always change Mcbride is next, some would say that Dolson could get up to #4 others would say that is absurd.

I think the order of the lottery could have some impact, assuming Ogwumike is the clear #1 Thomas, Sims and gray round out the top 4, but in theory SA and Tulsa are set at point so do would one of those teams pass on one of the PG for a positional need if they are 3 or 4. Does NY go for the scoring of Thomas and stick with Cappie at lead guard or does Bill draft a PG to match with Cappie in the back-court and move a healthy Carson to the 3. So it is possible one of the two PGs in the top 4 falls out of the lottery, but my guess is if a lottery team doesn't want one of the top picks they will trade the pick, maybe trade down and pick up another asset rather than simply pick a player who would be available later.

It is also possible tat someone emerges during the season and moves up to the lottery, there isn't a lot of size in this draft pool so if a PF or Center who is currently considered a late first round pick comes on strong this season they could jump to late lottery, but your top 4 seems right on for now. I think who gets picked first between Gray and Sims will be one of the themes of this off-season. And who would trade their pick. If NY got #1 would Laimbeer try a trade like #1 to Indy for #5 and Zealous? Would Washintgon or Atlanta be interested in moving up into the lottery for a PG or Thomas, ther is still a lot of intrigue in the off season. I wish they would announce when the lottery is.

bullsky

PostPosted: 10/08/13 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
kool-aide wrote:

I believe right now those are the expected top 4 picks, but that can always change Mcbride is next, some would say that Dolson could get up to #4 others would say that is absurd.

I think the order of the lottery could have some impact, assuming Ogwumike is the clear #1 Thomas, Sims and gray round out the top 4, but in theory SA and Tulsa are set at point so do would one of those teams pass on one of the PG for a positional need if they are 3 or 4. Does NY go for the scoring of Thomas and stick with Cappie at lead guard or does Bill draft a PG to match with Cappie in the back-court and move a healthy Carson to the 3. So it is possible one of the two PGs in the top 4 falls out of the lottery, but my guess is if a lottery team doesn't want one of the top picks they will trade the pick, maybe trade down and pick up another asset rather than simply pick a player who would be available later.

It is also possible tat someone emerges during the season and moves up to the lottery, there isn't a lot of size in this draft pool so if a PF or Center who is currently considered a late first round pick comes on strong this season they could jump to late lottery, but your top 4 seems right on for now. I think who gets picked first between Gray and Sims will be one of the themes of this off-season. And who would trade their pick. If NY got #1 would Laimbeer try a trade like #1 to Indy for #5 and Zealous? Would Washintgon or Atlanta be interested in moving up into the lottery for a PG or Thomas, ther is still a lot of intrigue in the off season. I wish they would announce when the lottery is.

I don't think Chiney is a clear #1, though. SA would take her #1. Connecticut would as well. But I don't know about NY and Tulsa. They seem to have other needs.

Thomas is a bit undervalued on this board and I'm not sure why. She has shown incredible versatility, which is a huge asset in the WNBA. Chiney can't play point...

PostPosted: 10/08/13 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
kool-aide wrote:

I don't think Chiney is a clear #1, though. SA would take her #1. Connecticut would as well. But I don't know about NY and Tulsa. They seem to have other needs.

Thomas is a bit undervalued on this board and I'm not sure why. She has shown incredible versatility, which is a huge asset in the WNBA. Chiney can't play point...

and really neither can Thomas even though she was forced to last year - look at her TOs. I think she will be much better this year back in position - which is SF. But I agree that some on here seem to undervalue her. I think she will be a fine pro. Chiney may not be the clear, clear #1, but if the draft were today, she would be. Anything can happen in their senior years. I could see someone surprise us into the top five.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/08/13 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Thomas a lot. OK that is not very deep analysis but she has been my pick for the Liberty for a while now. I think her scoring and passing is exactly what NY and Cappie playing at lead guard needs to balance the floor, Cappie, Carson and Thomas seems like a very nice 1,2,3, combo, and thomas and Pierson and Bone seem like a nice front court combo as well.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/08/13 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Chiney may not be the clear, clear #1, but if the draft were today, she would be.

This. Drafting in the lottery especially at #1, is more about value than fit. Thomas, Sims, and whoever else don't have that value that Ogwumike does.

PostPosted: 10/09/13 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

Chiney IS the clear #1 from everyone I've talked to.

PRballer

PostPosted: 10/09/13 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My expectation is that New York would take Sims or Gray, assuming Ogwumike goes to another lottery team. Not sure they have a need for Thomas on the wing.

San Antonio and Connecticut, to me, seem to have the biggest need for landing the #1 pick/Ogwumike.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/09/13 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If New York lands the #1 or #2 pick, I'm expecting a trade to Connecticut for Tina Charles.(assuming Connecticut also draws the #1 or #2 pick). Thus giving Connecticut Ogwumike & Sims.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 5 of 67

Jump to: