RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Finally - An Explanation!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 09/25/22 6:46 pm    ::: Finally - An Explanation! Reply Reply with quote

In the past few weeks, I've had this (still) surprising thing happen to me twice:
I've reached out to friends of several years or more to 'catch up', after months of disconnectedness. Before long into the conversation, politics came up, and the other people told me abruptly: "YOUR president is f***ing up the country, and I can't talk to you anymore!"

Among my particular circle of Republican friends are decent, professional people whom I've known for years. Typically, I've enjoyed talking politics with them as they have measured rationales for their leanings (as opposed to the "Fox News said it!" rationale)

Now I realize this 'cult' phenomenon is no longer the domain of the Wing Nuts - it's (otherwise) average, ordinary people who've lost their souls, imo.

We all know how the media cultivates this, but I didn't appreciate the methodical, LONG-running narrative that's been in play; this is actually becoming an existential crisis, imo.

Maybe you've already seen this - it's about 7 years old - but I just discovered it, and found it both frightening and disgusting. It EXPLAINS so much of the 'mystery' behind the Orange Cult, and it's calculated methods, going back at least as far as Nixon.

"The Brainwashing of My Dad" is definitely deserving of the broadest audience. I took about 3 sessions to finish it, being about 1.5 hours long.

I'd be curious to hear how many of you have already seen this, or knew any of the history revealed here.

PostPosted: 09/26/22 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the top comment.

"Fox News turned my parents into the people my parents said video games would turn me into"

PostPosted: 10/02/22 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I love the top comment.

"Fox News turned my parents into the people my parents said video games would turn me into"

I saw that! Laughing HOWEVER.....while there's a boatload of truth in that, I'm not sure there weren't a few hundred that had DEFINITELY played waaaay too much Mortal Kombat or Doom, in the seclusion of their own lusty little universes, coming up for air long enough to see what Q was saying.

Jacob Chansley strikes me as one of those. (He was the paint-faced, horned spear bearer that was one of the first Indians over the fence)

PostPosted: 10/04/22 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Before this thread dies from lack of interest (looks like I'm already too late for that from the looks of things), I've decided to weigh in on the subject matter.

You're right, everyone else are the brainwashed lunatics here, not you. See, we all get our information from the boogeyman (Fox News). We all look for sources of "information" that we happen to agree with, and then make it the focal point of our entire existence to let everyone in the world know what we were just told, so that we could project our hatred unto everyone within earshot! No matter how ludicrous or extreme the viewpoint, we'll agree with it while projecting our "intelligence" on to anyone who will listen (including those who don't want to).

We've made it a point in our lives to make this our primary focus during any conversation or interaction whatsoever. Fox News told us you're bad, so since they're never wrong in our minds, it's obviously true. After all, I just watched a documentary that confirms my suspicions. Who could disagree with that?

In all seriousness, did you ever stop to think that maybe YOU fit the template here (and perfectly at that)? In conversations with (people you thought were) your friends, did politics "come up" or did you bring them up? Do you really believe that Biden is the reason they don't want to talk to you any more?

Spoiler alert: He's not.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/06/22 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Before this thread dies from lack of interest (looks like I'm already too late for that from the looks of things), I've decided to weigh in on the subject matter.

Awwww....that is so sweet of you! Cuz you KNOW I'd have been devastated if you hadn't come around to take the bai...errr....SAVE THE THREAD.Razz

Stonington_QB wrote:
You're right, everyone else are the brainwashed lunatics here, not you.

Well, you got SOMETHING right, at least. Very Happy

Stonington_QB wrote:
In all seriousness, did you ever stop to think that maybe YOU fit the template here (and perfectly at that)? In conversations with (people you thought were) your friends, did politics "come up" or did you bring them up? Do you really believe that Biden is the reason they don't want to talk to you any more?

Yeah, I know you've flown in first class more than once, so I oughtta consider your suggestions, but....not possible. No, I called these Trumpholes merely to say "Hello". I didn't mention politics. They went straight *there*. They and their sources which cultivate their ignorance are every bit as reliable as the one led you to THIS:
Stonington_QB (on JULY 26TH!) wrote:
Want to know who the DOJ is REALLY looking into bringing charges against? With evidence of a crime? Hunter Biden. Possibly by next week.

(....and I don't recall seeing you - or any of your ilk - come back and say, "Dang, I had that all wrong!")

Clearly, you didn't watch even 2 minutes of the documentary. And I understand that....you and your type can't risk having your last functioning neurons shredded by irrefutable truth. And sadder yet, so many of your type literally cannot comprehend these facts - the brainwashing prevents that.

However the truth is NO ONE but Republicans are digging their holes, deeper and deeper, based on the shitstorm that is Fox, OAN, Alex Jones, etc. (Heck, you probably even feel sorry for Alex, right?) Who's the most unreliable source on the left? CNN? MSNBC? I don't hear or see evidence that Democrats are growing ANY conspiracy theories of any kind, based on misinformation.

Don't be afraid: watch the documentary. Cool

PostPosted: 10/08/22 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Democrats (along with never Trumpers and the Spy/RegimeChanger types) gave us 4 years of Russiagate and some of them are still convinced it was true. CNN and MSNBC pumped that story into their heads every night the whole way through. "The walls are closing in." "Jared Kushner was in Russia and met with a Russian who had a real Russian sounding name in a real Russian sounding city".

MSNBC and CNN also spent the entire four years feeding their audience as bad a picture of Trump as they could paint, including BleachGate and the FinePeopleHoax. In fact, Trump got every outlet to drop the veil as to what party they belong to. For the 2020 conventions Fox showed the Republican convention in full,while they showed parts of the Democratic convention and had panels discuss what was shown. All the other networks did the reverse.

Tons of Democrats dropped friends who supported Trump. There were calls for people that worked in the Trump administration to be blacklisted for life.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/08/22 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Democrats (along with never Trumpers and the Spy/RegimeChanger types) gave us 4 years of Russiagate and some of them are still convinced it was true. CNN and MSNBC pumped that story into their heads every night the whole way through. "The walls are closing in." "Jared Kushner was in Russia and met with a Russian who had a real Russian sounding name in a real Russian sounding city".

MSNBC and CNN also spent the entire four years feeding their audience as bad a picture of Trump as they could paint, including BleachGate and the FinePeopleHoax. In fact, Trump got every outlet to drop the veil as to what party they belong to. For the 2020 conventions Fox showed the Republican convention in full,while they showed parts of the Democratic convention and had panels discuss what was shown. All the other networks did the reverse.

Tons of Democrats dropped friends who supported Trump. There were calls for people that worked in the Trump administration to be blacklisted for life.

Hence, from your post, you believe that "Russiagate" had no substantive proof, *he* never advocated for people to ingest/inject bleach as a Covid remedy, and he never really said there were "fine people" amongst the white supremacists, is that correct?

Yer post is Full o' Shitt, rendering all of it useless. You PROVE nothing. Rolling Eyes

If you're conflating the above 'points' as equivalent to the incredible Big Lie and other conspiratorial shit Trumpies eat up, you're really not capable of any serious discussion on this topic.

PostPosted: 10/09/22 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:

Hence, from your post, you believe that "Russiagate" had no substantive proof

The lawyers who did the Mueller report and the pundits on CNN who told lies for 4 years agree with me. Like I said. Some people still believe it but that is just common folks on the web. The TV talking heads dropped it

Quote:
*he* never advocated for people to ingest/inject bleach as a Covid remedy,

Trump never said a word about bleach or drinking something. He looked at a doctor (Deborah Birx) as he wondered whether disinfectant or light, which kill the virus externally (which had just been mentioned), could be or had been tried internally to kill the virus. The Democratic and Never Trump pundits first started by shouting that he was going to have people drinking bleach by asking that question (to a doctor who responded that she was unaware of anything like that and gave no support for it) . Then they changed it to he told people to drink bleach. And lo and behold people believe that Trump told people to drink bleach.

Quote:
and he never really said there were "fine people" amongst the white supremacists, is that correct?

After saying their were fine people on both sides (of a stature removal protest that turned violent as counter protesters charged exiting protesters), Trump was immediately asked if he was including white supremacists. He said no.

Quote:
Yer post is Full o' Shitt, rendering all of it useless. You PROVE nothing. Rolling Eyes

Don't take my word for it. The Mueller report is available on PDF. They may still have video of the downcast CNN pundits on TV right after it came out. You will know you found it if you hear every single one of them talking only about obstruction of justice, which they had to pivot to when no collusion was found. For the other two, they were both on video, which still could be around as well.

Quote:
If you're conflating the above 'points' as equivalent to the incredible Big Lie and other conspiratorial shit Trumpies eat up, you're really not capable of any serious discussion on this topic.

Why is significant 2020 election fraud a bigger lie than Russiagate? Russiagate was advanced by the elite, on major networks, not Trump and passionate voters struggling to survive, on social media. And it "undermines democracy" by tarnishing and stifling an elected official who also would run for re-election. Even after an investigation found it false (there was no national election audit for 2020), a significant amount of people still believe it true. And the creation and promotion of Russiagate by Democrats, Never Trumpers and angry spy agency employees, gives more creedance to other accusations regarding chicanery by that group with Trump as their target.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/09/22 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Russiagate" and "The Big Lie" are equivalent? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Dude, I'm done with your silly trolling. Do everybody a favor and just watch the documentary. Clearly, you haven't done that and therefore aren't capable of contributing anything of merit to this discussion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: