RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ben Carson Makes Dismissive Comments About Trans People

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 09/20/19 10:39 am    ::: Ben Carson Makes Dismissive Comments About Trans People Reply Reply with quote

HUD Secretary Ben Carson makes dismissive comments about transgender people, angering agency staff

Quote:
Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson expressed concern about “big, hairy men” trying to infiltrate women’s homeless shelters during an internal meeting, according to three people present who interpreted the remarks as an attack on transgender women.

While visiting HUD’s San Francisco office this week, Carson also lamented that society no longer seemed to know the difference between men and women, two of the agency staffers said.

Carson’s remarks visibly shocked and upset many of the roughly 50 HUD staffers who attended Tuesday’s meeting, and prompted at least one woman to walk out in protest, the staffers said.

Quote:
Transgender advocates called HUD’s defense of Carson a common, damaging and insulting trope that had long been debunked.

“It’s gravely insulting to have the specter of violence from cis gender men used to restrict the rights of transgender people who are ordinarily the victims of that violence,” said Gillian Branstetter, spokeswoman for the National Center for Transgender Equality.

“It’s a mythical notion that policies that are inclusive of transgender people somehow pose a threat," she said. "It’s frankly despicable that such a harmful notion would be used by someone charged with facilitating programs meant to help people in need, many of whom are transgender.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hud-secretary-ben-carson-makes-dismissive-comments-about-transgender-people-angering-agency-staff/ar-AAHy9Ye?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 09/20/19 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regardless of the topic, when Ben Carson speaks, I dismiss what he says immediately.

He's just another fuckwad who fails upward and proves he has no business in public life.
Howee

PostPosted: 09/20/19 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just always figured Carson was the only African American dumb enough to work for Trump, and Trump needed a token of 'racial diversity' on his cabinet. Rolling Eyes

By the way, does anybody know more about Alveda King?. I think she's making Uncle Martin spin in his grave.

PostPosted: 09/20/19 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

By the way, does anybody know more about Alveda King?. I think she's making Uncle Martin spin in his grave.

She's a career idiot. Her uncle died at the hands of a racist and she spreads her garbage anyway. There's a special place in hell for a bitch like her.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: