RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Amare Out 4 Months

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/11/05 2:16 pm    ::: Amare Out 4 Months Reply Reply with quote

Just saw it, didn't get the link, but knee damage, out 4 months.

peaceplease

PostPosted: 10/11/05 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn! So who will fill in for him?

PEACE
hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/11/05 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did he know about the knee damage before he signed his new contract or was this an injury that occured in training camp?

From the articles, it seems as if he's had discomfort in his knee for several months, but maybe re-aggravated it in training camp or something. I'm not sure cuz its not very clear. But if he knew there was a problem all summer, why wait until preseason starts to do anything about it?

Anyhoo, its a shame cuz Amare is an amazing talent and I was looking forward to seeing if he was gonna come back even stronger this year. I guess we'll just have to wait a little longer to see him in action.

I hope he has a full recovery.

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/11/05 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cheryleggleston wrote:

I've always like Brian Grant, but clearly he, nor anyone else, is gonna be able to replace Amare. Marion and The MVP are just gonna have to step up their games and do what they can to make the players around them better.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/12/05 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cheryleggleston wrote:

Kurt Thomas, with Grant off the bench.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/12/05 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
Did he know about the knee damage before he signed his new contract or was this an injury that occured in training camp?

From the articles, it seems as if he's had discomfort in his knee for several months, but maybe re-aggravated it in training camp or something. I'm not sure cuz its not very clear. But if he knew there was a problem all summer, why wait until preseason starts to do anything about it?

Anyhoo, its a shame cuz Amare is an amazing talent and I was looking forward to seeing if he was gonna come back even stronger this year. I guess we'll just have to wait a little longer to see him in action.

I hope he has a full recovery.

Yes and no I think. Remember they went in for a light exploratory, 4 week recovery, and found a problem. So I think they knew something was wrong, but not to the extent it actually is.

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/12/05 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Yes and no I think. Remember they went in for a light exploratory, 4 week recovery, and found a problem. So I think they knew something was wrong, but not to the extent it actually is.

Ok, yeah, that makes sense. Its just a shame that they didn't look into it earlier.

dtsnms wrote:

Hmmm...I didn't even know that Kurt Thomas was playing on Pheonix now. I thought he was still a Knick. Thanks for the heads up. I'd like to see an opening day starting line-up of:

pg: Steve Nash
sg: Jim Jackson
sf: Shawn Marion
pf: Kurt Thomas
c: Brian Grant

But I don't necessarily think that will happen. Like you said, Thomas will probably start at center and Marion at pf. However it shakes out, they're certainly not gonna be the exciting, high-flying act they were last year.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/12/05 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's the current roster from the website:

10 Leandro Barbosa G
19 Raja Bell G
11 Pat Burke C-F
Dean Demopoulos LAC
3 Boris Diaw G
55 Brian Grant F-C
50 Eddie House G
21 Jim Jackson F-G
22 James Jones F
20 Anthony Lever-Pedroza G
31 Shawn Marion F
13 Steve Nash G
32 Amare Stoudemire C
40 Kurt Thomas F 6-9
1 Dijon Thompson G-F
99 Lucas Tischer

So it looks like Thomas, who wanted out of the Center position in NY will be stuck there again at least part time, unless Burke is something (doubtful).

Maybe they go Marion at 4, JJ at 3, and use Bell at the 2. It would be a tougher defensive team for sure. Maybe Diaw steps up too, or James Jones?

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/12/05 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have no 7-footers on their roster? Oh boy! For their sake, I sure hope Pat Burke is something...

dtsnms wrote:
Maybe they go Marion at 4, JJ at 3, and use Bell at the 2. It would be a tougher defensive team for sure. Maybe Diaw steps up too, or James Jones?

I definitely agree with you.

pg: Nash
sg: Bell, House, Barbosa or Diaw
sf: Jackson
pf: Marion
c: Thomas

All of those possible shooting guards are solid, but nothing spectacular. Bell will likely get the start becuase he is the most consistent, but I definitely think Barbosa has the most potential of all of them. He's so much fun to watch. He reminds me of Ginobli and/or Najera.

All of those sg guys are above average defenders, but they lack offense. Wouldn't it be weird if this year the Suns became a defensive team after not playing an ounce of defense last year? Is it even possible for a Steve Nash led team to play defense? Very Happy

Good luck to the Suns...they'll need it...

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/12/05 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
sg: Bell, House, Barbosa or Diaw

Barbosa and Diaw are being groomed as backup point guards (Barbosa was the backup point last year, though Joe Johnson played some when the team wanted more offense).

BCBG25

PostPosted: 10/12/05 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll have to root for the Suns. 2 Brazilians on their roster is more than enough reason. Leandro did very well in the World Champs qualifying tourney, he has evolved into a great combo guard. Lucas I don't know much about, he's supposedly a project, I hope he sticks around.

PostPosted: 10/14/05 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Hoop! You know how Isiah Thomas works! He changes rosters every year and mid way through the season. And the Knicks still get the highest payroll. Wink

PostPosted: 10/14/05 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

missjoy28 wrote:
Hey Hoop! You know how Isiah Thomas works! He changes rosters every year and mid way through the season. And the Knicks still get the highest payroll. Wink

Yeah, I should have known Smile Eventually the Knicks will find a combination of players that works. Who knows, maybe the Crawford/Curry combo will be more successful in New York than they were in Chi-town. I wanna see those guys be successful, but why do they gotta be playing with the hated Knickerbockers! Uh.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/17/05 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
cheryleggleston wrote:

Oh man! Things seem to get worse and worse for Phoenix by the minute. No playoffs for Phoenix this season! No Amare + No Q-Rich + No JJ = long season in the desert for the Suns. They just "set" with that Amare info.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: