RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Interesting stat re Marbury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/25/05 11:20 pm    ::: Interesting stat re Marbury Reply Reply with quote

New York is 1-11 since Stephon Marbury publicly declared himself the best point guard in the NBA, and the Knicks' 17-24 record is exactly the same as it was at the midpoint of their season a year ago.
Tonight it was his first game against the Suns since they dealt him to the Knicks last season.
I think the Suns really don't miss him. And they actually have a great playmaker, if not the best PG in the game in Nash. And he actually doesn't have to self-proclaim his importance to the team. We all saw how lackluster the Suns were when he was sidelined. Shut up, Starbudy.

PostPosted: 01/25/05 11:22 pm    ::: Re: Interesting stat re Marbury Reply Reply with quote

...while we're on the subject - isn't the Flaker's record w/out Kobe better than with him?

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 01/26/05 6:39 am    ::: Re: Interesting stat re Marbury Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
...while we're on the subject - isn't the Flaker's record w/out Kobe better than with him?

He hasn't been out that long? I think they're 4-2, beating Golden State on two occasions, Minnesota and Cleveland. The NBA has so many bad teams, those wins over Clevleand and Minnesota might be considered quality wins.

All you need to know about the NBA is Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs. Everyone else are just pretenders in comparison.

Tim Duncan is so great that people don't get it. If there is any substance to this league, it's because of him. I wonder how many more titles would he have, if he had a guard of the caliber of Bryant. Tim has only been a 2x MVP, 2X Championship MVP, All-defense, All-Star and All-NBA (every single season), All-Star MVP and 2X NBA Champion. Too bad he doesn't toot his own damn horn. Maybe, he would get more recognition than the kind he takes with his play. However, then when you're really great, you don't have to. His game speaks for itself.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/26/05 8:25 am    ::: Re: Interesting stat re Marbury Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
New York is 1-11 since Stephon Marbury publicly declared himself the best point guard in the NBA, and the Knicks' 17-24 record is exactly the same as it was at the midpoint of their season a year ago.
Tonight it was his first game against the Suns since they dealt him to the Knicks last season.
I think the Suns really don't miss him. And they actually have a great playmaker, if not the best PG in the game in Nash. And he actually doesn't have to self-proclaim his importance to the team. We all saw how lackluster the Suns were when he was sidelined. Shut up, Starbudy.

I think the Suns miss Penny Hardaway even less, lol... On the bright side, I don't think Phil Jackson will have as hard a time cracking Steph as he did with Kobe Confused Those days are coming soon... I think Phil's just waiting until Isiah gets deperate. There's more money coming his direction that way.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/26/05 9:00 am    ::: Re: Interesting stat re Marbury Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

Has been for years whenever he's missed games.

PostPosted: 01/26/05 10:29 am    ::: Re: Interesting stat re Marbury Reply Reply with quote

Tim Duncan AND Tony Parker.

The Spurs play a game that resembles BASKETBALL! (So do Suns)

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 01/26/05 1:41 pm    ::: Re: Interesting stat re Marbury Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

The Suns don't play defense.

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 01/26/05 1:47 pm    ::: Re: Interesting stat re Marbury Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
I don't think Phil Jackson will have as hard a time cracking Steph as he did with Kobe Confused

I'll respectfully disagree, and state that Marbury is as slow in the head as they come. That guy doesn't KNOW HOW to play basketball. He thinks his job is to make his teammates better by scoring, instead of setting them up. Someone needs to explain to him what is the job of a point guard. He said he's the best point guard in the league. Phil will have a tougher time, because at least Kobe is a future hall-of-famer. Marbury is a Ruckers talent. He needs to ask himself, why did the teams he left or was traded from, improve upon his departure.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/26/05 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marbury is a good pick-and-roll PG. Other than that, he's not as good as Nash in finding the open man and running. Even though he's 3rd in the league in assists, I think he still is a shoot-first PG. He's not a floor general, an inspiring leader, that's his problem. He can't get through, as we all saw during the Olympics. I don't blame him too much because the Knicks are a bunch of castoffs and trigger-happy guys, but he should work on getting his teammates involved. But I think it's too hard to resist being the main man at MSG...

PostPosted: 01/26/05 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Marbury is a good pick-and-roll PG. Other than that, he's not as good as Nash in finding the open man and running. Even though he's 3rd in the league in assists, I think he still is a shoot-first PG. He's not a floor general, an inspiring leader, that's his problem. He can't get through, as we all saw during the Olympics. I don't blame him too much because the Knicks are a bunch of castoffs and trigger-happy guys, but he should work on getting his teammates involved. But I think it's too hard to resist being the main man at MSG...

I think the Knicks would be better if Marbury was paired with a better or healthier teammate. Crawford is a sub-40 FG% volume shooter. A revamped roster wouldn't help either. Right now they have no shooting at the 3, and no scoring at the 4-5. Gilbert Arenas is another trigger-happy PG, but paired with the higher assist guard Larry Hughes and the Wiz have a successful backcourt formula. Shocked

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/26/05 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amazing what good teammate will do for one's game. Steve Francis looks like a poor man's Marbury in Houston. Pair him with Grant Hill, and he is having his best year yet.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/03/05 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quick update, New York is now 2-14 since Stephon Marbury publicly declared himself the best point guard in the NBA.

PostPosted: 02/03/05 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Quick update, New York is now 2-14 since Stephon Marbury publicly declared himself the best point guard in the NBA.

2 and 14? Shocked For a moment there I thought you were reporting part of Stephon's most recent box score, lol. Arrow

Quote:
SACRAMENTO — Herb Williams plans to shift Stephon Marbury, the self-proclaimed best point guard in the league, to more of a shooting guard role in a desperate attempt to establish more backcourt chemistry between him and Jamal Crawford, according to sources.

"He's got to come up with something," Penny Hardaway said.

http://nypost.com/sports/knicks/39729.htm

Next on ABC... "Desperate New Yorkers" Razz

Jamal's a Point Guard? Shocked

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 02/04/05 12:00 pm    ::: Re: Interesting stat re Marbury Reply Reply with quote

Hey don't forget Manu Genobili!! He has pulled the Spurs out of the crapper at times too!! Smile

I like the Spurs, I like the Nets and I LOVE when the Kings beat the crap out of the Lakers!!

Slovydal wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: