RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Danica Patrick wins Daytona pole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/17/13 4:07 pm    ::: Danica Patrick wins Daytona pole Reply Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8954876/danica-patrick-fastest-2nd-practice-eyes-daytona-500-pole

Quote:
She became the first woman to win the pole position for the Daytona 500 -- and a Sprint Cup event -- on Sunday when the rookie posted a lap of 196.434 mph.

PostPosted: 02/19/13 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am happy for her but a little sad about her move from JR Motorsports to Kendricks...

PostPosted: 02/20/13 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shrrew wrote:
I am happy for her but a little sad about her move from JR Motorsports to Kendricks...

She's with Stewart-Haas Racing Smile

PostPosted: 02/20/13 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

potd41 wrote:
shrrew wrote:

yes that is right Embarassed I saw her hug Kendricks on TV and got mixed up.....

I also saw Stewart say "yes its history but it is also history that I am the fastest guy' He is so -weak-. I bet she is gone from his team by the end of the year. He likes being the star.

PostPosted: 02/24/13 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shrrew wrote:
potd41 wrote:
shrrew wrote:

yes that is right Embarassed I saw her hug Kendricks on TV and got mixed up.....

I also saw Stewart say "yes its history but it is also history that I am the fastest guy' He is so -weak-. I bet she is gone from his team by the end of the year. He likes being the star.

You're forgiven Laughing

PostPosted: 02/24/13 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danica Patrick is the first woman to lead a lap at the Daytona 500 under a green flag. She's in first after 90 laps (out of 200).

PostPosted: 02/24/13 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Patrick finishes 8th, the best ever Daytona 500 finish for a woman

PostPosted: 02/25/13 5:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was one of those amazing American days. Late winter. Cabin fever. Full moon. You're never going to forget Danica Patrick today and the Oscars.

That was a breathtaking performance today by that half a stick of dynamite. I'm like, 'Woman, you're gonna drive that care exactly WHERE for 500 fucking miles? Right." But she did it. 50 feet from the lead with one lap to go. I don't know the sport but I don't think any other driver except the guy who led all those laps and blew his tranny had a overall better race. At the post-race sitdown interview on ESPN someone said, "Do you have any idea how good you looked out there?" That was an absolutely perfect question. Because she looked incredible. For her to be a rookie with just 11 starts running like that on this stage against those good old boys? Mesmerizing television.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: