RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Laimbeer Eventually Would Consider Coaching in the NBA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/25/05 1:25 pm    ::: Laimbeer Eventually Would Consider Coaching in the NBA Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Laimbeer has vehemently denied rumors he will be the next coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, but has said in the past he eventually would consider coaching in the NBA. If he does, he might have found his Shock successor in Mahorn.

"It was a situation where we were looking for an assistant," Laimbeer said, "and, you know, if I happen to get hit by a truck or something ..."

"That's true," Laimbeer said. "We're going to get a lot of publicity by hiring him, but that's not why we did it. He's really into it. He has experience. He knows how good of a team we can be. He knows how to deal with different personalities."

"I was a color analyst during the Shock's inaugural season," Mahorn said. "I'm familiar. I started back when Nancy Lieberman was here.

http://www.ctnow.com/sports/basketball/hc-mahorn0121.artjan25,1,4027785.story?coll=hc-headlines-basketball

My guess is that he's waiting for Larry Brown to retire so he can take over the Pistons, not the Cavs. Confused Meanwhile, Michael Cooper's future doesn't look so golden...

Quote:
When asked about his interim status during his pregame media session, Nuggets coach Michael Cooper said: "I'm working under the assumption that I'm here for this road trip. I don't look any further than that. ... Obviously, (wins) make you stay a little bit longer than (losses)." ...

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~90~2670347,00.html

The Nuggets' search for a head coach heated up as general manager Kiki Vandeweghe flew to Chicago and planned to meet with former NBA coach George Karl on Monday.

Vandeweghe said interim head coach Michael Cooper is still in the mix for the job, as well as three other candidates whose names he would not disclose, but he would like to make a decision soon.

"We need to finalize this very quickly one way or the other," Vandeweghe said.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~90~2672180,00.html

Shocked

Smoovie

PostPosted: 01/25/05 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was thinking Zeke might give Bill a call, to coach the Knicks.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: