RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

15 states file petitions to secede from the union
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 11/12/12 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Succession to what? Wink

Quote:
hyperetic wrote:

Speaking as one of the many blue minded residents of states designated as red, I disagree most strenuously with the idea of succession. The blue country would be split in two.

PostPosted: 11/12/12 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
So apparently this phenomenon is not unusual or a new thing:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/secission-petitions-filed-20-states-190210006.html

This is just like all the people who said they would move to Canada if Bush won a second term. Shockingly, none of them actually did so.

Yes. I don't remember it ever being as high as 15 before though.

PostPosted: 11/12/12 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of these states need to worry more about succeeding than of seceding.

PostPosted: 11/13/12 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a petition on the White House's "We the People" site that I could get behind....

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/strip-citizenship-everyone-who-signed-petition-secede-and-exile-them/ZbMjcwPf

Quote:
Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported.

Oh, and the count is up to 27 states now. I can't believe that MN is not one of them. I figured the Bachmann voters would be all over this shit.

PostPosted: 11/13/12 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Here's a petition on the White House's "We the People" site that I could get behind....

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/strip-citizenship-everyone-who-signed-petition-secede-and-exile-them/ZbMjcwPf

Quote:
Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported.

Oh, and the count is up to 27 states now. I can't believe that MN is not one of them. I figured the Bachmann voters would be all over this shit.

Deported to where?

PostPosted: 11/13/12 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Quote:

Deported to where?

back to where they came from, of course. Wink

PostPosted: 11/13/12 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In many elections in AZ there is a poor worded plea to secede from the union. I've been seeing them on my ballot for well over 20 years. It is always roundly defeated. Rolling Eyes We have a lot of patriot militia tax protestors and other such folks....

PostPosted: 11/13/12 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas has the signatures. Today's front page of the Houston Chronicle has an article that states 51K Texans have signed the petition. Chron Online states over 35K have signed. Anyway here is the link to the Online Chron.

http://cmf.chron.com/news/politics/article/Texas-secession-petition-grows-on-White-House-4030870.php

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/13/12 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Such great patriots!

sbjules

PostPosted: 11/13/12 11:05 am    ::: Re: 15 states file petitions to secede from the union Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
http://now.msn.com/15-states-start-petitons-to-leave-the-usa

I say, if they gather the numbers we let them all go. Losing New York would be sad, but I doubt 25,000 people in NY would agree to this.

Will New Jersy give up their "Sandy"relief

pilight

PostPosted: 11/13/12 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Such great patriots!

You say that like patriotism is a good thing

PostPosted: 11/13/12 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Such great patriots!

IMO, patriotism, like religion, is not inherently bad or good, it just depends on what its being used for and/or who its being used against.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/13/12 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Such great patriots!

Not me that says it is. The political compatriots of these idiots are the ones who love to pull out the patriotism card when the opportunity suits them.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/13/12 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
can't wait to hear rick perry on this one. 'i was for it, before i was against it, and now i'm for it again.' Smile

what a bunch of clowns. perhaps they'll elect the donald at their leader.

Ironically, Perry has deliberately distanced himself from this idiocy. I doubt Donald has.

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Quote:

Deported to where?
To wherever they think might be BETTER. Razz

Today I see the count is up to 30. And TX has over 60,000 signatures. Shocking. Rolling Eyes

More lessons for the Republicans: Your constituency is big bunch of Crybabies: when they don't get their way, they wanna run away. Fix that, wouldjya?

PostPosted: 11/13/12 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
let those people go.

Maybe if we keep electing black presidents they will go. Side benefits.

PostPosted: 11/13/12 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

More lessons for the Republicans: Your constituency is big bunch of Crybabies: when they don't get their way, they wanna run away. Fix that, wouldjya?

IKR, We lived through 8 years of Bush and didn't abandon the country.
pilight

PostPosted: 11/13/12 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Howee wrote:

Lots of people threatened to, just like these people are threatening to do something that they will never actually do.

PostPosted: 11/13/12 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Howee wrote:

Lots of people threatened to, just like these people are threatening to do something that they will never actually do.

Guess it didn't make into my sphere of consciousness at the time. This time around though its either more prominent or more news outlets looking for something to expose.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 11/13/12 1:53 pm    ::: Re: 15 states file petitions to secede from the union Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
http://now.msn.com/15-states-start-petitons-to-leave-the-usa

I say, if they gather the numbers we let them all go. Losing New York would be sad, but I doubt 25,000 people in NY would agree to this.

From that site, part of it read:
Quote:
And somewhat hilariously, someone in North Dakota filed a petition requesting New York secede, which seems pretty rude...[snip]

Look at the bright side: If New York secedes, at least Donald Trump will no longer be part of the USA. Twisted Evil

SORF

PostPosted: 11/13/12 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
pilight wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Howee wrote:

Guess it didn't make into my sphere of consciousness at the time. This time around though its either more prominent or more news outlets looking for something to expose.

Yes, Alec Baldwin was one...we are still waiting for his change of address notice! Shocked

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 11/13/12 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Howee wrote:

Again, I don't remember it reaching this number of states nor collecting this number of signatures. So, how did those compare to the 30 states and Texas and Alabama and I'm sure more by now already with the 25,000+ signatures that we have now?

PostPosted: 11/13/12 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's interesting to see the people who sign these petitions are not all from the state in question. Some of these dumbshits sign every secession petition posted.

I mean, why does someone from South Carolina have a say in whether Arkansas should secede. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 11/13/12 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
It's interesting to see the people who sign these petitions are not all from the state in question. Some of these dumbshits sign every secession petition posted.

I mean, why does someone from South Carolina have a say in whether Arkansas should secede. Rolling Eyes

South Carolinians just like the idea. They have ever since 1861.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/13/12 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
sambista wrote:
let those people go.

Maybe if we keep electing black presidents they will go. Side benefits.

POTD. Once you go black, you'll never go back.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 11/13/12 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
pilight wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Howee wrote:

Again, I don't remember it reaching this number of states nor collecting this number of signatures. So, how did those compare to the 30 states and Texas and Alabama and I'm sure more by now already with the 25,000+ signatures that we have now?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/08/national/08depart.html?8hpib

Quote:
just after Mr. Bush's victory on Nov. 2, the Canadian government's immigration Web site reported an increase in inquiries from the United States to about 115,000 a day from 20,000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: