RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Final Four tickets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beknighted

PostPosted: 10/01/12 11:36 am    ::: Final Four tickets Reply Reply with quote

I got my annual email from the NCAA on Final Four tickets just a few minutes ago. They've changed some things from last year. Here's the text of the part of the message about the Final Four:

Thank you for your support of the 2013 NCAA Women's Final Four. As a loyal fan, you are invited to purchase tickets to the 2013 NCAA Women's Final Four prior to the general public.

Again this year, fans will be able to select from available seat locations and purchase game tickets at a variety of pricing levels for the national semifinals and championship games. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase beginning Thursday, November 1 at 10 a.m. Eastern. For your convenience, a reminder email along with the link to purchase will be sent to you one week prior to the pre-sale purchase opportunity. An additional email will be sent the morning of the pre-sale.

Ticket prices are as follows:
• Floor Seats (NEW) - $800 • Courtside Seats (NEW) - $400
• Lower Level - $200 • Upper Level Sideline - $150
• Upper Level Corners and Endzones - $125

I think the differentiated pricing for different types of seats is interesting. I know I'd certainly be willing to pay more for lower level seats if they're any good. While I'm not going to pay the premium for courtside seats or (ha!) floor seats, it's nice to see the option for those who want to be that close. That said, it's all about getting more revenue - I doubt that the upper level seats are any cheaper as a result of these changes.

(The email also had a link for opening round and regional tickets, which I was pleased to see.)

linkster

PostPosted: 10/01/12 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got some choice seats for Trenton. Hope UConn gets there.

icey23

PostPosted: 10/01/12 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plan on going to my first Final Four!!!!!!!!! Its really not a bad seat in the New Orleans arena. even wayyyyyyyyy UP top lol

PostPosted: 10/01/12 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the differentiation. Lets me get a better idea of where to sit.

And I hope the St. John's pod feeds into Trenton- I'd love to see a team's complete journey.

PostPosted: 10/01/12 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Plan on going to my first Final Four!!!!!!!!! Its really not a bad seat in the New Orleans arena. even wayyyyyyyyy UP top lol

Plus: New Orleans.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/01/12 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

i understand the venue is in a less-than-inviting area.

is there much of a chance UCONN isn't there?

PostPosted: 10/02/12 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:

i understand the venue is in a less-than-inviting area.

is there much of a chance UCONN isn't there?

I've been there. It's okay, and walking distance from the official hotel (and, last time I was there, the only hotel actually in Trenton, although that may have changed). I wouldn't go past "okay" as a description, though.

linkster

PostPosted: 10/02/12 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think there's much chance of UConn going anywhere else. If Maryland were to end up as a higher 1 seed and UConn was also a one then they would go elsewhere. But right now I'd speculate that UConn (1), Maryland(2), Delaware(3/4) and XXXXX will be the field. If XXXX was Tennessee my seats would be gold. But I doubt it. I'd guess Tenn is the 2/3 in Norfolk.

As long as I am speculating .... Norfolk - 1) Duke 2) Tenn
Trenton - 1) UConn 2) Maryland
Okl City - 1) Baylor 2) TAMU
Spokane 1) Ken. 2) Stanford

seabee

PostPosted: 10/02/12 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good luck with the final four tickets,I'm sure all the good seats are already taken .I tried last year for court seats the day I got the mailer ,all taken ,nose bleed section all that was left. As a season ticket holder at ODU I have bought my tickets for the regional here when I bought the season tickets . Delaware has the first rounds at their site, and should make the regionals here

PostPosted: 10/02/12 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

seabee wrote:
Good luck with the final four tickets,I'm sure all the good seats are already taken .I tried last year for court seats the day I got the mailer ,all taken ,nose bleed section all that was left. As a season ticket holder at ODU I have bought my tickets for the regional here when I bought the season tickets . Delaware has the first rounds at their site, and should make the regionals here

The NCAA sends out emails earlier to people who have bought tickets frequently in the past. I got decent seats last year (upper level). If you get the mailer, you're pretty late in the game.

NFL1

PostPosted: 10/08/12 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have attended the Final Four since 1995, and received the email. However, the online purchase does not begin until early November, so I don't believe that anyone is "out" of luck yet...though some frequent purchasers do get an earlier purchase date.

HoosierHusky

PostPosted: 10/08/12 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.razorgator.com/tickets/sports/basketball/ncaa-womens-tournaments/womens-final-four-tickets/

http://www.ticketcity.com/college-basketball-tickets/ncaa-womens-final-four-tickets.html

Here are 2 places where you can buy tickets right now, at a premium price. Maybe these sites are one of the reasons that all the good tickets are taken by the time they go sale to the general public through NCAA sports.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: