RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dirk, Germany lose to Greece in Euro Champs Finals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 09/25/05 4:28 pm    ::: Dirk, Germany lose to Greece in Euro Champs Finals Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how they made it to the Finals, but in the first quarter I knew not even Dirk could salvage that mess. The Greek have a very good 3-point shooting team and the Germans have Dirk lol
Finals score was 78-62. Dirk had 23 and 9. Very odd calls throughout the game. Looks like pushing and shoving are not longer considered fouls in FIBA games Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/26/05 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't believe Greece won; amazing team performance I guess. I didn't see most, but there sure were no stars on that team.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/26/05 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, Greece is on a roll. Euro 2004, the FIBA title... this would be a good time to get my Greek Pride pic out and wave it around, huh?

PostPosted: 09/26/05 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think it was an upset beating Germany as much as it was getting to the Finals. They are a much better team. I'm serious, Germany is Dirk and that's it. Their backcourt makes the SASS' look terrific. And the foul calls/non-calls were absurd. It wouldn't have made a difference and Greece would still have won, but the way they beat up on Dirk was unbelievable. At one point, Dirk got mauled on a 3-pointer attempt and the guy who fouled him got the ball on the other end for an easy layup. Dirk came rushing down the floor as mad as I've seen him. He took off almost from the FT line and had one of the most amazing blocks in the history of the game. The ball bounced off the backboard and landed almost at midcourt. Obviously, had he missed the ball, we'd have seen a decapitation live. Shocked
He was very frustrated and his team sucked. Poor guy can't seem to catch a break in big games.
Now, winning the Euro 2004 was a HUGE upset. They beat a better team at home. That was HUGE.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: