RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NASCAR Backs Pat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/24/12 10:45 am    ::: NASCAR Backs Pat Reply Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/espnw/more-sports/8298037/nascar-shows-support-pat-summitt

Quote:
"To be honest, I was surprised ... pleasantly surprised," Summitt said in an email to espnW.com. "I never dreamed I would see a race car with my name on it. My family and friends are beyond excited."

PostPosted: 08/24/12 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some perspective for those who don't know NASCAR (especially since this is their AAA series)

Trevor Bayne is a great guy...what he did at Daytona was equal to if somehow Immaculata came back to D1 and then made the NCAA tournament...the Wood Brothers were THAT important to early NASCAR, and they were THAT out of the limelight.

Given his ties to Knoxville I'd rather have Trevor rather than say Danica representing Pat in a Race Smile

A good representative of Pat and a nice move by Rousch racing...Hope they do a fire suit or something that can be auctioned off to fans to help the Alzhimers Fund in Pat's name and give Pat the Hood or quarter panel.

Also the Rousch 60 as a unit is one of the more iconic cars in the Nationwide (BGN) series. Better known as Martin's "Winn Dixie Sixty" which held the record for most victories in Busch for many years, it also launched the careers of Greg Biffle and Carl Edwards (the guy who does the flips)

Now the bad news, Bristol is the closest thing to a demolition derby NASCAR has to offer. so don't expect Pat (the car) to be in one piece.

And this reminds me why Rousch was my favorite racing outfits dating back to Mark Martin and the Stroh's Light 6. Pure class, even if I haven't watched much NASCAR since the death of Dale Earnhardt but I may have it as a flip if nothing else catches my eye.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: