WNBA.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/23/15 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Quote:
The W doesn't seem to care about its own history, so why should we?

I really don't get it. None of that is hard to do, and really wouldn't take that much time.

It's sad, and frustrating, that the league doesn't care about its image enough to produce a competent web page.

I have to think Laurel Richie et al. know the situation, and have decided it's not worth investing time and resources in ... which, really, is sadder still.

The NBA as a whole farms all its digital media out to Turner Sports, and WNBA.com is part of that. The WNBA needs to extricate itself from that deal and handle their website themselves, because Turner clearly couldn't give the tiniest shit about it. It would obviously be an extra league expense, but it's their main portal to the world and the internet presence is only getting more and more important for any business.

Given how little Turner appear to care, it seems unlikely that they'd mind too much if the WNBA wanted their part taken out of that deal.

And frankly, a lot of this technical stuff seems like the kind of thing that two college interns could handle.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/16 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/free-basketball-analyzing-historic-number-wnba-overtime-games/

Quote:
During this 2009 season there were a total of 25 overtime games compared to the 17 which have already happened this year

There have been 19 overtime games this season...

5/14 Atlanta at San Antonio
5/21 Washington at Connecticut
5/21 Los Angeles at New York
5/24 Atlanta at New York
5/26 Washington at Seattle
6/14 Washington at Connecticut
6/17 Chicago at Atlanta
6/18 Dallas at Phoenix
6/19 New York at Indiana
6/22 New York at Atlanta
6/23 San Antonio at Dallas
6/26 Phoenix at New York
6/29 New York at Minnesota
7/1 Washington at Chicago
7/1 San Antonio at Indiana
7/7 Minnesota at Connecticut
7/8 Dallas at Atlanta
7/15 Los Angeles at Connecticut
7/17 Minnesota at Dallas

PostPosted: 10/01/21 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Any specific errors that anyone can recall? Or any articles I should look up that were somewhat obviously uninformed?

We're midway through the semis, let's see what's on the front page!

"Sylvia Fowles Named 2021 Kia WNBA Defensive Player Of The Year"

OK. There's no mention of the All Defense teams that were announced the same day. Also, Sixth Woman of the Year. Most Improved, Exec of the Year, Coach of the Year, and, um, oh yeah, MVP have been announced since then but you'd never know it from the top of the .com front page.

"Mercury win a thriller to advance"

Yes, the Merc beat New York to advance to the second round

"Sky win; advance to second round"

Chicago did, in fact, win over Dallas

"WNBA regular viewership increase"

As was widely reported last week

"WNBA's most popular merchandise list"

Of the 12 or jerseys available, these were the 10 most popular.
This was also widely reported last week.

"WNBA moments to debut on Top Shot"

They debuted in August

"WNBA reveals the W25"

Yay! This reveal happened the first week of September.

Scrolling down there are previews of the second round matchups, an announcement of the winner of the August WNBA Cares Community Assist Award Presented By State Farm, a link to the Playoff Hub (which is up to date!) some video highlights from the first round matchups, then we finally get to some articles about the semis and more recent awards!

It took some doing, but somehow the league has managed to make their website even less useful than before. Bravo, W, I can't wait to see how you screw it up next.

PostPosted: 05/15/23 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Four days before the season starts, right when the cuts that matter start happening, .com relocated the transactions page

If you're looking for it, it's now here

https://www.wnba.com/players/transactions

PostPosted: 07/29/23 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have you looked at the Standings page lately?

https://www.wnba.com/standings

Specifically, check out the Games Back column. The top three all show no games back, which is weird enough, but the rest of the teams vary between games behind first and games behind third. Dallas, in 4th, shows eight games back. They're eight back of first place Las Vegas. Atlanta, in 5th, shows five games back. They're five back of third place Connecticut.

PostPosted: 07/29/23 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Specifically, check out the Games Back column. The top three all show no games back, which is weird enough, but the rest of the teams vary between games behind first and games behind third. Dallas, in 4th, shows eight games back. They're eight back of first place Las Vegas. Atlanta, in 5th, shows five games back. They're five back of third place Connecticut.

I was puzzling over this yesterday. I think it is games back from the conference leader. So Western teams are farther back from LV than the Eastern teams are from NY and CT (tied).

I assume this is because they want us to care about the Commissioner's Cup, but it is a truly bizarre way to be showing standings.

GEF34

PostPosted: 07/29/23 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

I was puzzling over this yesterday. I think it is games back from the conference leader. So Western teams are farther back from LV than the Eastern teams are from NY and CT (tied).

I assume this is because they want us to care about the Commissioner's Cup, but it is a truly bizarre way to be showing standings.

The Commissioner's Cup has different standings and records because not all the games count.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/22/23 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The W, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to eliminate the page that would tell you the minimums for leading the league in various statistical categories...

https://stats.wnba.com/help/statminimums/

The page was inaccurate anyway. Previously it showed the same minimums required for a 34 game season, which we haven't had since 2019. But at least it was something.

A few years back they had this chart on the site that showed the minimums required at various numbers of games, so that people could see what the qualifying numbers were during the season or if some disaster cut the season short. From there it's easy enough to extrapolate what the numbers SHOULD be for a 40 game season.

I know you guys don't like doing math so I've done the work for you, including per game multipliers if you want to expand it further!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: