RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

How do you sell an athletic woman?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/15/12 6:39 am    ::: How do you sell an athletic woman? Reply Reply with quote

http://management.fortune.cnn.com/2012/08/15/female-athletes-wnba/?section=magazines_fortune

Quote:
The researchers found that yes, some of the male participants liked the sexy photos of female athletes, but across the board, people said that the images most likely to convince them to buy tickets to an event were ones that showed the athlete in full performance pose; in other words, looking like an athlete.

PostPosted: 08/22/12 6:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight, this is an article/topic that is worthy of discussion...wonder why no replies? I have made my feelings known in earlier postings regarding this same topic/issue as it relates to discrimination and mistreatment of certain student athletes. Nevertheless, thanks for posting the article...A GREAT READ...We may not have all the best athletes/players in the league, but we definitely have some aspiring models and very talented make-up artists/hairstylists. GO WNBA!!!!

Just wondering, what do you think about the article/topic....or did you just post it to start a discussion?

I have to go back into hiding now...never fear though, I am watching for worthy topics. Keep up the good work pilight. BTW, I also enjoyed reading your subject, Posted: 07/12/12 11:18 am ::: Homophobia shapes women's sports. No replies on that one either. Wonder why? Unfortunately, I couldn't get permission to post a reply or comment on that one...GO figure???

I enjoy reading your posts, replies and comments, even though you were not very happy with a few of my post/replies back in the day [before I became censored] regarding these same issues/topics. Nevertheless, you are truly one of the best on the forum and deservingly well respected.

Being censored is degrading and downright torture, but it is for the best. Trust me!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: