RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Good news for Comets fans: she will be back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/22/05 10:48 pm    ::: Good news for Comets fans: she will be back Reply Reply with quote

I just confirmed with a very reliable source that Kevin Cook is coming to Brazil to finalize a deal with Janeth Arcain. He's arriving on the 29th. According to this source, they've been exchanging e-mails since early January and negotiations can officially start on February 1st. Also, the contract in question is a two-year deal, possibly guaranteed, but I haven't had access to further details. The two parts have yet to agree on financial terms, but quoting my source, "Janeth isn't going to play hardball and will accept the most viable option. They want her to return to Houston, so they're coming to finalize the deal as soon as possible."
Myself, I find a two-year deal a bit strange. Janeth is set to retire from international competition next year when she plays in the World Champs here and she wants to go out in style, so I'd assume she would skip the W season again in 2006. Anyway, as soon as I hear anything new, I'll post it here.

PostPosted: 01/22/05 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ótimo!

PostPosted: 01/22/05 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is cool, because I'm doing the post work on her baby now and I put her in a Comets uniform(it was a toss-up between the Comets and her National Team).

Now, if I can just get the skinny on what T-Spoons going to do.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 01/23/05 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
Now, if I can just get the skinny on what T-Spoons going to do.

I've heard some things, mostly pro retirement and some con, but nothing official. Whatever her decision, she's already told Kym, who's doing her infamous "I know something you don't know" routine for anyone who inquires. Supposedly, she's on vacation, which is odd since she never takes a vacation, so I guess when she gets back she'll speak on it, if there's anything to speak on. I wonder what Blaze being named commissioner would mean for the F Blaze Coalition? I don't have any knowledge of who they're considering, I'm just wondering what if. Lena Williams should really stop recycling her own articles and provide new info.

Janeth staying in Houston, even if for only 2005, is great news for this closet Comet fan. At least one of my favorite early years players is staying put.
Smoovie

PostPosted: 01/23/05 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm leaning towards the Throwback Kids with Spoon. Which would put her in a NY uniform

Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22

PostPosted: 01/23/05 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

THIS IS GREAT>>>>>>>>GO COMETS>>>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/23/05 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, thank Goddess. Something's finally going right. You can almost hear the class quotient of the league clicking up several notches as Janeth plans her return. I always did like her, and VanChan disrespecting her was just... wrong. I'm glad things worked out. Maybe that snakebit backcourt will have a little luck now.

PostPosted: 01/26/05 8:14 am    ::: Janeth to Van: Show Me the Money Reply Reply with quote

It's a bit too early to take the time to do a full translation, but seems like Janeth wants a one-year deal with a player's option for a second, more Superstar Perks, in addition to the ones she didn't really receive in years previous, lol. I guess Cynthia took Janeth's share last times Razz. Arcain already gets housing and a car, but wants a private hotel room on away games. So I guess Tina snores up a storm! Shocked

http://pbf.blogspot.com/

Well Janeth deserves it. Looks like all it took was to find the right agent! Exclamation

And BTW, is it coincidence or did Van and Kevin Cook just happen to plan their contract negotiation trip down to Brazil during Carnival season? Wink

Go Gisele, lol. Blame it on Leo. Cool

Smoovie

PostPosted: 01/26/05 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for Janeth.. She's earned it. I hear they might have some extra perks laying around by opening day, anyways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: