RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gold Medal Game: USA vs France - 8/11/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be the margin of victory or loss for USA in this game?
Double-digit loss
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Single-digit loss
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
1-5 point victory
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6-10 point victory
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
11-15 point victory
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
16-20 point victory
36%
 36%  [ 16 ]
21-25 point victory
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
25-30 point victory
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
31-35 point victory
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
36+ point victory
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44

ucdt3

PostPosted: 08/12/12 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to ALL our girls in the Red, White, & Blue and to the coaches, trainers, etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome frickin' job dominating the world yet again and bringing home GOLD to the US once again!!! 5 for 5 since 96!!!!

They played great today!!!! Parker was a beast (saved her best for last for sure---MVP of this game), Taurasi was a defensive nightmare (who thought those words would ever be uttered), Bird controlled this game from start to finish, and EVERYONE else played their roles to perfection.

Love the NO egos and the team comradery...that photo from above is the cutest thing ever!!! We fans may not all get along, but these LADIES sure did and they did it in style!!!! Rivals to teammates united as one!!!!
Tally24

PostPosted: 08/12/12 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I keep thinking "could you imagine how good we would be if we had a month or two together" Twisted Evil
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/12/12 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:

pretty sweet photo essay of the game: http://photos.oregonlive.com/photo-essay/2012/08/london_olympics_usa_wins_the_g.html

i just looked thru the photos...they are terrific!

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/12/12 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
you just needed to feel superior, as per usual.

Confused Do I know you? Kind of an odd thing to say to someone you don't know. I'm not even sure where you came from--yet you've been talking crap since you've been here.

oh poo, she said i'm a crap-talker.

a familiar territory for ya.

came here before you, bozo. Laughing

Last edited by cthskzfn on 08/12/12 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/12/12 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I keep thinking "could you imagine how good we would be if we had a month or two together" Twisted Evil

this made me think of something... did the international players in the W, take the first half of the season off to be with their national teams in previous years, like they did this time? i didn't follow the league too closely prior to 08, and cannot remember.

thanks in advance.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/12/12 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

this made me think of something... did the international players in the W, take the first half of the season off to be with their national teams in previous years, like they did this time? i didn't follow the league too closely prior to 08, and cannot remember.

thanks in advance.

Mostly, yes.
(and in the case of the aussies, my thanks and respect go out to every one of them that did, because the team needed it)

PostPosted: 08/12/12 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Confused Do I know you? Kind of an odd thing to say to someone you don't know. I'm not even sure where you came from--yet you've been talking crap since you've been here.

Congrats. Still have no clue who you are or why you feel the need to hurl insults at me. Perhaps you're unaware that name-calling isn't allowed here.

BTW, I don't talk crap. I speak the truth.

Mathies to LA 2013
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/12/12 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:
Diana was WAY more emotional than I have ever seen her. It's easy for us to forget that had she not won her fight against that fraudulent PED charge, she would not have been there. Making me cry too!

What does it take to make Lindsay Whalen smile!?

I am so very happy for them all!

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 08/12/12 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Michelle89"]
SuziQ wrote:
Diana was WAY more emotional than I have ever seen her. It's easy for us to forget that had she not won her fight against that fraudulent PED charge, she would not have been there. Making me cry too!

I am so very happy for them all!

haha, linsday smiled in a local interview.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/12/12 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor Dee

She's crying because she's not going to get to play again until the Euro season.

PostPosted: 08/12/12 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Poor Dee

She's crying because she's not going to get to play again until the Euro season.

Laughing Laughing

Huskie

PostPosted: 08/12/12 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:
Those of us in Phoenix saw none of the ceremony as it happened. Our NBC afailurate switched to a children's show. And they wonder why fans of womens sports feel slighted. Put a penis on it and they would STILL be showing it, complete with an in-depth analysis of the pattern of the tears on Lebron's face and what their shape means to the NBA's next season.

Broadcasting on the news at 6, but the damage is done. We all feel very insulted.
Did this happen elsewhere too? Curious to know. Evil or Very Mad

Yes, we do! And this from the local station with features from Coach Gaines with opinion/analysis. Puzzling.....yet typical and not unexpected.

I haven't been a fan of NBC's coverage of the Olympics at all.....including the one hour recap of the blitz of London during WWII prior to any actual athletic coverage last night. The volleyball match aired at 11 pm here....CRAZY! Who is making these 'interesting' choices? And, for the 99 millionth time WHY is Ryan Seacrest involved in this coverage? I really don't give a flying fig how social media is responding to anything. If I did, I could sign on to Twiiter, FB et all and discover that for myself.....really makes me YEARN for the days ABC covered the Olympics......

PostPosted: 08/12/12 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Poor Dee

With Ice, Penny, Houston out and Gray-Lawson and Horbuckle still playing. It may be safe enough for Phoenix to play Dee if she doesn't want the break. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/12/12 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskie wrote:
I haven't been a fan of NBC's coverage of the Olympics at all.....including the one hour recap of the blitz of London during WWII prior to any actual athletic coverage last night. The volleyball match aired at 11 pm here....CRAZY! Who is making these 'interesting' choices? And, for the 99 millionth time WHY is Ryan Seacrest involved in this coverage? I really don't give a flying fig how social media is responding to anything. If I did, I could sign on to Twiiter, FB et all and discover that for myself.....really makes me YEARN for the days ABC covered the Olympics......

NBC's Prime Time coverage isn't for sports junkies. It is for casual viewers who only watch sports during the Olympics. The ratings have been great, because NBC knows its audience. Most of the people who watch Olympic coverage in prime time don't watch ESPN or the NFL or anything else sports related, and they're perfectly happy getting tape delayed events. NBC streamed everything live for people who are really into it.

ABC tape delayed everything. The "Miracle On Ice" from 1980? ABC ran it tape delayed in the US. Mark Spitz winning umpteen Gold Medals in 1972? Tape delayed in the US.

PostPosted: 08/12/12 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Huskie wrote:

NBC's Prime Time coverage isn't for sports junkies. It is for casual viewers who only watch sports during the Olympics. The ratings have been great, because NBC knows its audience. Most of the people who watch Olympic coverage in prime time don't watch ESPN or the NFL or anything else sports related, and they're perfectly happy getting tape delayed events. NBC streamed everything live for people who are really into it.

ABC tape delayed everything. The "Miracle On Ice" from 1980? ABC ran it tape delayed in the US. Mark Spitz winning umpteen Gold Medals in 1972? Tape delayed in the US.

Wondering if ratings are available for each time zone? It seems like what we see in AZ and when we see it varies from elsewhere. As far as ABC tape delaying everything, yea they did. But my recollection is more of what I wanted to see was shown during a time I could see it. Streaming, works if you aren't working and able to see the live streaming.....otherwise....gotta depend on what is shown on the tube in prime time....the live streaming requires a lot of time and effort on my part to identify when the events are/set things up to capture the live streaming etc. etc...Maybe there are just too damn many sports now which complicates the question of what to cover Question

PostPosted: 08/12/12 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Huskie wrote:

Wondering if ratings are available for each time zone? It seems like what we see in AZ and when we see it varies from elsewhere. As far as ABC tape delaying everything, yea they did. But my recollection is more of what I wanted to see was shown during a time I could see it. Streaming, works if you aren't working and able to see the live streaming.....otherwise....gotta depend on what is shown on the tube in prime time....the live streaming requires a lot of time and effort on my part to identify when the events are/set things up to capture the live streaming etc. etc...Maybe there are just too damn many sports now which complicates the question of what to cover Question

They also archived everything if you wanted to go back to it. I missed the women's 4x100 Relay live because I was caught up in the women's Hammer Throw, but I was able to see it when that was done.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/12/12 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Congrats. Still have no clue who you are or why you feel the need to hurl insults at me. Perhaps you're unaware that name-calling isn't allowed here.

BTW, I don't talk crap. I speak the truth.

well then, abide the rules. hurl and be hurled at.

BTW, i don't talk crap. i speak the truth.

PostPosted: 08/12/12 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
well then, abide the rules. hurl and be hurled at.

BTW, i don't talk crap. i speak the truth.

Again, why do you feel the need to start shit with me? I don't know you. Plenty of people have disagreed with you on various matters in the past week. Why not bother them?

Am I supposed to know who you are or something? Are you offended that I don't know who you are? This is a popular board--people come and go. I have no clue who you are, so I don't address you unless you bait me (which you have done for a week now). Is that why you keep attacking me--because you want attention from me?

You're acting very strange--picking fights with someone you don't know. It's making you look foolish.

I don't care how long you've been posting here. I haven't come across you until this week.

Mathies to LA 2013
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/13/12 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Yup. Those planning on coming to Rio had better start saving yesterday. Hotel rates are ridiculous, a result of not having enough hotels to begin with. Trying to stay outside the city and drive to events is unthinkable. But the atmosphere should be amazing regardless.

It sounds like there are not enough hotels anyway. It looks like the main park will be near Barra. Where can you stay near there? Are there condos or rentals or timeshares?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rio_de_Janeiro_bid_venues_for_the_2016_Summer_Olympics.svg

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 08/17/12 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:

I fell in love with Whalen's grumpy face this Olympics. She and Angel were my two favorite players to watch in this tournament.

Patrick Meighan
Culver City, CA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: