RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gold Medal Game: USA vs France - 8/11/12
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be the margin of victory or loss for USA in this game?
Double-digit loss
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Single-digit loss
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
1-5 point victory
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6-10 point victory
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
11-15 point victory
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
16-20 point victory
36%
 36%  [ 16 ]
21-25 point victory
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
25-30 point victory
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
31-35 point victory
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
36+ point victory
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44

Shades

PostPosted: 08/10/12 4:50 pm    ::: Gold Medal Game: USA vs France - 8/11/12 Reply Reply with quote

Olympics Women's Basketball ~ Gold Medal Game
The Basketball Arena - London England - 9:00 PM Local Time - 4:00 PM ET
TV: NBC Specialty - Basketball

Online video for cable subscribers:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/video-watch.html?video=womens-gold-final-425763

Alternate online video:
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/134944/1/watch-olympic-:-united-states-vs-france,-women.html

Preview/Boxscore:
http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/p/eid/6232/gid/A/grid/74/rid/9102/sid/6232/game.html

http://www.nbcolympics.com/basketball/event/women/match=bkw400101/index.html

Live stats:
http://london2012.fiba.com/extSTATIC/fiba-live/?event=6233 (scroll down to game #74)

9-25-2010: USA 81 - FRA 60
9-17-2006: USA 76 - FRA 41
9-20-2002: FRA 68 - USA 101
5-12-1979: USA 80 - FRA 59
5-16-1971: FRA 68 - USA 51
4-19-1964: FRA 37 - USA 48

For the poll: "25-30" should be "26-30"

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 08/10/12 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 08/10/12 8:24 pm    ::: Re: Gold Medal Game: USA vs France - 8/11/12 Reply Reply with quote

Razz

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 08/11/12 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

been waiting for this day since forever! sad to see these ladies play one last time, but it's been fun! go USA!

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/11/12 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to know who here had France making the gold medal game? Anyone?

They have been dandy. I wish them well today. More of the same except, you know, I don't them to win. That would be a crushing blow. I can't imagine how terrible losing the Olympic gold medal would be for these US players.

France's team has already achieved the best they could have reasonably hoped for. They sure as hell aren't going to be drinking 25 years from now over the fact they lost the gold medal to the US.

But I'm also wondering who here among us actually WANTS France to pull off an upset and why? Lots of people here from outside the US. Do you just feel it would be good for the sport? Someone suggested that last night I think.

PostPosted: 08/11/12 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

I didn't nominate France in particular, but I'm certainly not surprised that they are here and I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same boat. With the way Australia and Russia have fallen off in recent years this was always going to be the most wide open tournament for a long time.

jammerbirdi wrote:
They have been dandy. I wish them well today. More of the same except, you know, I don't them to win. That would be a crushing blow. I can't imagine how terrible losing the Olympic gold medal would be for these US players.

France's team has already achieved the best they could have reasonably hoped for. They sure as hell aren't going to be drinking 25 years from now over the fact they lost the gold medal to the US.

But I'm also wondering who here among us actually WANTS France to pull off an upset and why? Lots of people here from outside the US. Do you just feel it would be good for the sport? Someone suggested that last night I think.

Personally I'd like for it to happen, because as with the men, the extent of USA's dominance makes things boring to me. The fight is only ever for the silver, since the gold is all but unachievable, so the fight is already over. The only real contest left is to see which of Australia & Russia goes home without a medal, so unlike the later game, I think the earlier one could actually be a close and interesting battle.

PostPosted: 08/11/12 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I heard Ann Meyers suggest something like they beat Australia because the Opals weren't "showing their true hand, all their cards" etc. Any thoughts on how true that might be? I personally don't think it was the case. But I'm no astute observer of any of these teams.

PostPosted: 08/11/12 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted an 11-15 point victory. Now I'm going back to bed. Cool

PostPosted: 08/11/12 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I think I heard Ann Meyers suggest something like they beat Australia because the Opals weren't "showing their true hand, all their cards" etc. Any thoughts on how true that might be? I personally don't think it was the case. But I'm no astute observer of any of these teams.

Absolute rubbish is how I would describe that. No further elaboration is even necessary. They were better (and IMO by a bigger margin than the final scores might suggest) so they won.

PostPosted: 08/11/12 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

I thought they were going to win a medal but didnt knew that it would be silver. They are better then Russia, Turkey, Czech republic etc. IMO

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
scullyfu

PostPosted: 08/11/12 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Absolute rubbish is how I would describe that. No further elaboration is even necessary. They were better (and IMO by a bigger margin than the final scores might suggest) so they won.

perhaps she meant they weren't showing all their cards as in no penny taylor left them not having all their cards on the table. i doubt she was saying they weren't trying their best and were sandbagging. its insane to even insinuate the aussies would do that. does she really think lj would be quiet if they were told to not win?

PostPosted: 08/11/12 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I voted an 11-15 point victory. Now I'm going back to bed. Cool

Whatever helps you sleep. Smile

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/11/12 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In Ann's defense, I think she distanced herself from the thought by saying... "some people are suggesting..."

I can't have been the only one that heard her say it. Shocked

PostPosted: 08/11/12 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Commentator on the Live Extra feed keeps calling Asjha Jones "Aw-sha". It's very annoying.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/11/12 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lets get it started Very Happy

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/11/12 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gruda Confused

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/11/12 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Gruda really showed up for this game. Its about time

scullyfu

PostPosted: 08/11/12 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how many shots are the u.s. going to miss close up? i could about 5 right now. Shocked

PostPosted: 08/11/12 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskerwbbfan23 wrote:
Commentator on the Live Extra feed keeps calling Asjha Jones "Aw-sha". It's very annoying.

Bob Fitzgerald is butchering a large share of the French names...

huskerwbbfan23

PostPosted: 08/11/12 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
huskerwbbfan23 wrote:

Bob Fitzgerald is butchering a large share of the French names...

Smh. It's really not that hard to go over pronunciations.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/11/12 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fitz: "This is the trap that blew out China."

...and mysteriously wasn't employed against Australia.

ChicagoAnnie

love, love, love the active hands!!

scullyfu

jeez, put in the damned chippies!!!!!

PostPosted: 08/11/12 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel and Parker are bringing the energy.

PostPosted: 08/11/12 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker get your butt in the paint and take your shots there..

toad455

PostPosted: 08/11/12 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think a season or two of playing in the WNBA will only help Dumerc's game. She's not used to being guarded by the likes of Taurasi, Bird & Whalen.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: