RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Australia vs China - 8/07/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Australia
80%
 80%  [ 16 ]
China
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/07/12 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

australia's perimeter defense will get lit up like a christmas tree in the semis...

...and luuuc's ' i doubt it'...in 3-2-1
Laughing

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/07/12 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
australia's perimeter defense will get lit up like a christmas tree in the semis...

...and luuuc's ' i doubt it'...in 3-2-1
Laughing

? (read more carefully Wink )

No, I don't doubt that for a minute. I also fear what will happen if Geno puts a press on us. Things could get ugly in a real hurry.

PostPosted: 08/07/12 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Miao rests for two minutes and the game gets away from China...

Exactly what I said sat here in the arena. China's teamwork is often admirable, but I really thought they should've run far more plays today where Miao just iso'd her man and killed her off the dribble. Oz had no one who could guard her. At the same time, China couldn't remotely handle Cambage. When Graf remembered to play her. And her teammates remembered to pass to her.

PostPosted: 08/07/12 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
the usa is going to smoke both of these teams
I doubt it
Yeah, they'll only face one of them.

PostPosted: 08/08/12 5:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I got to meet Richyyy! Nice guy.

The main reason the Opals won that match is that the Chinese play 6 people mainly and they ran out of gas. For most of the game, the Chinese were blowing past the Opal defense. Opals also had a bad shooting night from outside and their guards could not get much inside to their posts. Chinese meanwhile did not have that problem and they were shooting at a better percentage for much of the game. Cambage still has so many holes in her game! If Graf wanted to take credit for her development then she has to take responsibility for the lack of it.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/08/12 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

The main reason the Opals won that match is that the Chinese play 6 people mainly and they ran out of gas. For most of the game, the Chinese were blowing past the Opal defense. Opals also had a bad shooting night from outside and their guards could not get much inside to their posts. Chinese meanwhile did not have that problem and they were shooting at a better percentage for much of the game. Cambage still has so many holes in her game! If Graf wanted to take credit for her development then she has to take responsibility for the lack of it.

X_______________

PostPosted: 08/08/12 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

So you think it's a matter of cambage not knowing how to play basketball rather than the conditioning still not being where it should be. Maybe you could go more into depth about these holes in her game?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/08/12 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

So you think it's a matter of cambage not knowing how to play basketball rather than the conditioning still not being where it should be. Maybe you could go more into depth about these holes in her game?

I doubt that Cambage will ever be a 30+ minute kind of player..
That said i think she has still a lot of learning to do because most of the time she doesnt have to do a lot to score or rebound. She still relies on her lenght a lot. She hardly even jumps on offensive putbacks or rebounds. I like her pumpfake and drive to the basket from the elbow or FT line but would really love to see that she improves her postup moves and footwork a bit and controling the ball when there is contact in the paint.

But she is young and she has a lot of good years ahead of her Smile

Quote:
Opals also had a bad shooting night from outside

The opals always have a bad shooting night from the outside. Their perimeter players have been shooting awfull

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/08/12 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

X_______________

Wait, ClayK is co-signing that whole post? I got to meet Clay? When did that happen? You'd think I'd remember something like that.

Wink

PostPosted: 08/08/12 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be interested to hear about when Graf has ever taken credit for Liz's development. As far as I know their only involvement together has been in an Opals context, and national team duties are not about individual development.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: