RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Men's Basketball
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/29/12 7:42 am    ::: Men's Basketball Reply Reply with quote

What did you think, BCBG? A little close for comfort?
Very proud of what our scrubs were able to string together tonight aside for that period in the 3rd when we couldn't buy a basket.
I'm not feeling too bad about our chances of making it out of the group and into a smashing at the hands of Kobe & Co.

Oh, and how shitty was that reffing? Embarassed
2 of the most ridiculous unsportsmanlike fouls I've seen in a looong time.

PostPosted: 07/29/12 8:08 am    ::: Re: Men's Basketball Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Very proud of what our scrubs were able to string together tonight aside for that period in the 3rd when we couldn't buy a basket.
I'm not feeling too bad about our chances of making it out of the group and into a smashing at the hands of Kobe & Co.

I watched this game. the refs were shitty, but I had no favorite so it was entertaining. USA was supposed to be next but not on NBC. God knows when they will show it. I really hate NBC's coverage. Why can't we have coverage by a sports channel, like espn.

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 07/29/12 8:22 am    ::: Re: Men's Basketball Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I watched this game. the refs were shitty, but I had no favorite so it was entertaining. USA was supposed to be next but not on NBC. God knows when they will show it. I really hate NBC's coverage. Why can't we have coverage by a sports channel, like espn.

I'm with you...Trying to find out what channels are showing what events are shitty at best and not to mention, frustrating! Rolling Eyes

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/29/12 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The amount of stuff you guys still get on tape-delay, in this modern age, is an absolute nonsense. It's completely ridiculous. It's not just the internet age these days, it's the Twitter age. Everything's immediately consumed and dissected. Tape-delay for anything is an absolute freaking joke.

If I lived in the US, I'd have junked the cable and invested the money in the highest-speed internet available. Then probably found one of the ways to watch without going anywhere near NBC's online offerings (just to make a point).

PostPosted: 07/29/12 8:26 am    ::: Re: Men's Basketball Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:
sbjules wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I'm with you...Trying to find out what channels are showing what events are shitty at best and not to mention, frustrating! Rolling Eyes
I called my cable system yesterday & they told me all the nbc channels, so now I can at least check them all. I see the men's basketball is about to start!!!

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 07/29/12 8:41 am    ::: Re: Men's Basketball Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:
Realcomplicated wrote:
sbjules wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I called my cable system yesterday & they told me all the nbc channels, so now I can at least check them all. I see the men's basketball is about to start!!!

Yes I found it too but, it really should be this difficult though...

sbjules

PostPosted: 07/29/12 10:35 pm    ::: Re: Men's Basketball Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:
sbjules wrote:
Realcomplicated wrote:
sbjules wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

one of the coolest things that the team did was to go over to Michelle Obama after the game & share hugs. I loved it...even the coaches.

Yes I found it too but, it really should be this difficult though...

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/30/12 7:54 am    ::: Re: Men's Basketball Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Didn't watch the game, too early for me, but yeah, too close for a team "pretending" to compete for a medal. Yikes.
I did watch Team USA's game though and LeBron's bounce pass to KD was ridiculous. Another humiliating moment for France against the US.

PostPosted: 07/30/12 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watching my recording of that game now as I wait for the Opals (I can't believe there hasn't been any mention of it prior to you - I figured there would be plenty here watching it) and yeah I gave that pass a replay.

PostPosted: 07/31/12 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Great Britain/Brazil game is a barnburner: 11-4 after the first quarter!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/04/12 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was at 3:00am my time so I only just finished watching the recording, but great performances by our St. Marys backcourt combo to get the aussies the win over the hosts. We were down by as much as 14, but a 70-29 second half got the job done quite nicely indeed.
Not sure what happened to GB. We made some defensive adjustments but they went right away from what was getting it done for them in the first half and never managed to recapture it.

Patty Mills with 39 points and too much speed for anyone out there to handle.

Sets us up to make it out of the group stage and into the quarters ... against the USA. Uh-oh Embarassed

PostPosted: 08/04/12 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Absolutely bloody excruciating. And the lead was as high as 15. Trust me, I was sat right there. It was 51-36 early in the third quarter; three minutes later it was tied at 53. And it only got worse from there.

Horrendous.

Good thing we're winning lots of stuff everywhere else Very Happy.

PostPosted: 08/04/12 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Good thing we're winning lots of stuff everywhere else Very Happy.

Haha, yeah, it's not like basktball was one of the big GB medal expectations. The medal tally is looking mighty healthy indeed for you.
(and a disappointment for us)

PostPosted: 08/06/12 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, we're 2 days away from receiving a Team USA hammering, but I was stoked to watch the aussie Boomers take on and defeat the (previously undefeated) Russians. We pretty much led all game, lost the lead with 4 seconds to play, and got it done with a Patty Mills 3 on the buzzer. Very sweet Smile

With a healthy Bogut we would have been a legit semi final threat I think.

Tremendous job so far by Matthew Dellavedova. Still got a year of college left at St Mary's and he is running his national team for significant stretches of an olympic tournament. I seriously love the way this guy plays.

PostPosted: 08/06/12 5:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lithuania seems to be suffering from a bit of post-USA hangover...

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/06/12 5:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Well, we're 2 days away from receiving a Team USA hammering, but I was stoked to watch the aussie Boomers take on and defeat the (previously undefeated) Russians. We pretty much led all game, lost the lead with 4 seconds to play, and got it done with a Patty Mills 3 on the buzzer. Very sweet Smile

With a healthy Bogut we would have been a legit semi final threat I think.

Tremendous job so far by Matthew Dellavedova. Still got a year of college left at St Mary's and he is running his national team for significant stretches of an olympic tournament. I seriously love the way this guy plays.

This game was live on tv in holland and on the main channel.So was pretty suprised by that. Because we only sometimes get summaries of the USA team(Men) Loved how they play. Mills couldnt hit anything but the buzzerbeater game winning shot he made without a problem Laughing I really like Ingles game and didnt really understand why they didnt get him the ball more often in the end of the game. He was on fire

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/06/12 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Classic shooter's mentality for Patty. No matter how bad a night he is having, the next open shot is still going up with no hesitation!
Some nights it is frustrating as hell. Other nights it works out pretty nicely (including tonight, and the last game, when he hit 39 points in the win over GB).
Ingles has been great for us, yeah. Young guy with some potential but who barely gets on the court for his Spanish team, but he has made a role for himself in this team and really helped our dodgy wing positions.

PostPosted: 08/06/12 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even with the loss to Australia, Russia will still finish first (if I'm reading my tweets correctly). So the tankathon is still on...ugh

PostPosted: 08/06/12 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Even with the loss to Australia, Russia will still finish first (if I'm reading my tweets correctly). So the tankathon is still on...ugh

Correct. Russia has head-to-head over both teams, so tank away!

PostPosted: 08/06/12 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Argentina just punched Carmelo Anthony. No call.
keven Durant is soooooooo good!

ripleydc

PostPosted: 08/07/12 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:

not just punched him, but on the replay it looked like the Argentinian player punched Carmelo in the crotch. dirty. dirty. dirty. Exclamation

BTW, the performance by the USA in 3rd Quarter of this game was simply amazing!

Shades

PostPosted: 08/07/12 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
sbjules wrote:

not just punched him, but on the replay it looked like the Argentinian player punched Carmelo in the crotch. dirty. dirty. dirty. Exclamation

Did it resemble something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3tptzEWmM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/07/12 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
sbjules wrote:

BTW, the performance by the USA in 3rd Quarter of this game was simply amazing!

When did the punch happen?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
jaye

PostPosted: 08/07/12 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the punch was retaliation for chris paul punching that player in the nuts earlier in the game....

PostPosted: 08/07/12 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
When did the punch happen?

as I recall, it was just at the end of the big 3rd quarter run by the Americans.

jaye wrote:
the punch was retaliation for chris paul punching that player in the nuts earlier in the game....

I only got home from work in time to see some of the 2nd quarter. didn't know there was an earlier punch. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: