RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Glove headed to Miami?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RM619

PostPosted: 09/22/05 8:42 am    ::: The Glove headed to Miami? Reply Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4894298

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/22/05 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw that this AM. For the minimum veteran salary. I like to see that in veterans.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/22/05 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miami's going to be sick! Oh my goodness! Shaq and Glove for one more year? I bet they win this time around. Wink

Mathies to LA 2013
hoopladreams

PostPosted: 09/22/05 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dunno about Miami anymore. I like them and I want to see them do well, but they seem to be stockpiling too much talent...possibly at the expense of team chemistry. Shaq, Antoine Walker, D-Wade, Whit-Eboy, Posey, 'Zo...and now Payton? That's a whole lotta egos. Reminds me alot of what the Lakers tried to do two years ago with Kobe, Shaq, Malone and Payton experiment. You can't have stars (or former-stars who still have the same egos they had when they were stars..i.e. Zo, Payton and AW) at every postion. That's why role players are important. The Heat are gonna miss Damon Jones...

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/22/05 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After last season's playoffs, I thought Damon Jones was overrated. He was a role player who thought he should garner the respect of a superstar.

Yeah...that's a lot of talent. However, after looking back at the 2004 Lakers, they had massive injury problems/Kobe's court case to contend with in addition to the egos. Assuming that there are no MAJOR injuries this season, I'm looking at the Heat making some noise in the East. IMHO, 'Twoine and Posey are far from being superstars. Hell, even Boston didn't want Walker back for more than half a season. He just better not pull the same shit he pulled in Dallas. Rolling Eyes

I think the Glove and Dub-B acquisitions will allow D-Wade to slide over to the two-guard.

Mathies to LA 2013
hoopladreams

PostPosted: 09/22/05 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah bballfan, I agree with everything you said...except the Damon Jones thing. I mean, yes, he was a role player...but he was the best 3-point shooter in the league. Wide-open or not, he knocked them in. Who's gonna keep the defense honest on the Heat now without Damon or Eddie Jones? D-Wade's a slasher with a solid mid-range game but definitely not a 3-point threat. I haven't paid much attention to JWill in recent years, so I don't know if he's a shooter. Posey's another slasher and not much of a shooter. Steve Smith is past his prime. Are you gonna depend on your power forward to be your only long-range threat? Walker isn't even that good of a 3-point shooter...he just takes so many that some are bound to go in.

I dunno. I envision chemistry problems (not necessarily bickering amongst the team and whatnot, but just things not really flowing on the court), but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

suzy&dee103

PostPosted: 09/22/05 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it's official! Payton joins Heat!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgJ6RZ5uqny5FTaZobgQX9M5nYcB?slug=ap-heat-payton&prov=ap&type=lgns

PostPosted: 09/22/05 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
yeah bballfan, I agree with everything you said...except the Damon Jones thing. I mean, yes, he was a role player...but he was the best 3-point shooter in the league. Wide-open or not, he knocked them in. Who's gonna keep the defense honest on the Heat now without Damon or Eddie Jones? D-Wade's a slasher with a solid mid-range game but definitely not a 3-point threat. I haven't paid much attention to JWill in recent years, so I don't know if he's a shooter. Posey's another slasher and not much of a shooter. Steve Smith is past his prime. Are you gonna depend on your power forward to be your only long-range threat? Walker isn't even that good of a 3-point shooter...he just takes so many that some are bound to go in.

I dunno. I envision chemistry problems (not necessarily bickering amongst the team and whatnot, but just things not really flowing on the court), but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The Heat will definitely miss the 3-balls from the Jones boys, so this will be interesting. Smile

Mathies to LA 2013
missjoy28

PostPosted: 09/23/05 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Pat Riley made a huge mistake in trading those guys that help the Heat last year. Where's the production going to come from this team? Plus the Pistons are still a threat to them as well. And Shaq and the Glove have gotten older. Well, it'll be interesting to see how the Heat do this coming season.

PostPosted: 09/23/05 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Miami's going to be sick! Oh my goodness! Shaq and Glove for one more year? I bet they win this time around. Wink

We all know what happened when the Lakers packed their line-up...... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/24/05 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
We all know what happened when the Lakers packed their line-up...... Rolling Eyes

The 2004 Lakers had Kobe. The 2006 Heat don't. You'll be able to tell the difference. Wink

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 09/25/05 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Streaks wrote:

The 2004 Lakers had Kobe. The 2006 Heat don't. You'll be able to tell the difference. Wink

True. I cant stand Kobe. I love seeing him out of the playoffs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: