RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

update on the commish search

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 01/22/05 6:18 pm    ::: update on the commish search Reply Reply with quote

W.N.B.A. Nears End of Search for Chief

By LENA WILLIAMS
League officials are still searching for a new president of the Women's National Basketball Association nearly three months after Valerie B. Ackerman announced that she would step down from the job effective Feb. 1.

League officials would not reveal the names of the people they have interviewed for the job, the number of candidates they have interviewed or whether the search has been narrowed down, but they did say yesterday that they expect to fill the post in the next few days.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/22/sports/basketball/22wnba.html?oref=login&oref=login

PostPosted: 01/24/05 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw a commercial for the new commish this weekend; it's Glenn Close!

Coming in March. I love Michael Chicklis!

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 01/24/05 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes and she filmed her first episode about a week and a half ago.

dtsnms wrote:
I saw a commercial for the new commish this weekend; it's Glenn Close!

Coming in March. I love Michael Chicklis!

herrade

PostPosted: 01/24/05 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gah. Glenn Close is a cold hearted, stuck up bitch. I don't care if she's sad and lonely. She's a vulture.

She strung along our organization with promises of big donations and time commitments, then never gave us a dime. NOT A DIME. She just showed up at our fund raiser with Eve Ensler (who is also a bitch), struted around like she was better than every one else in the room, the struted out. Too good for all of us, but seemingly not too good to use us for a bit of PR.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/26/05 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php

Several people have reportedly been considered for the position, including Liberty general manager Carol Blazejowski, a Naismith Hall of Famer out of Montclair State; Ann Sarnoff, WNBA chief operating officer; Renee Brown, WNBA senior vice president of player personnel; Nancy Lieberman, a former WNBA player and coach who is now an ESPN analyst; Ann Meyers, a former All-American at UCLA and a current television analyst; Penny Toler, general manager of the Los Angeles Sparks; Seth Sulka, general manager of the Phoenix Mercury; and Susan O'Malley, president of the Washington Wizards and Mystics.

"I don't know if they're being considered or not," Robustelli said. "I would think that there would be some people outside of those mentioned."

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: