RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

US Men's Basketball Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 07/23/12 4:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
I wonder if Kobe is staying in the Athlete's Villiage... Laughing

If it's anything like China in '08 (the most popular Olympian in all sports over there) than he better not be.

I thought the men's and women's basketball teams don't stay in the Olympic Village and USA Basketball gets them another place to stay, I believe in 2004 they had a boat for both teams.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/23/12 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

If it's anything like China in '08 (the most popular Olympian in all sports over there) than he better not be.

I thought the men's and women's basketball teams don't stay in the Olympic Village and USA Basketball gets them another place to stay, I believe in 2004 they had a boat for both teams.

If you can call the Queen Mary II a boat, then you're right. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/23/12 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This team just isn't that good. The inside game is nonexistent. They rely too heavily on the three-ball. They have long stretches of defensive mental lapses. They aren't on the Dream Team level. Hell, they might be on the 2004 team's level if they're lucky.

Spain will beat this team at some point--either tomorrow or during the Olympics. For America's sake, I hope it's tomorrow.

Mathies to LA 2013
GEF34

PostPosted: 07/23/12 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

If you can call the Queen Mary II a boat, then you're right. Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/23/12 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The greater certainty, of course, is that there will be plenty of jawing back and forth between Bryant and Pau Gasol, with Kobe pointing out often since Team USA landed Friday on Spanish soil that he sees Marc Gasol's big brother as his little bro in Lakerland.

"They like to talk [trash]," Marc Gasol said. "Kobe loves to talk."

"He went at [me] a little bit during the All-Star Game. He had all of his teammates around. I felt a little alone there by myself in the corner. But it will be a little different story now that we're here at home."

Asked how understanding Palau Sant Jordi-goers will be if Spain plays this one Pop-style, Calderon said: "I think everybody understands as well. I think it's going to be fun, everybody's going to be crazy about it, and we're going to try to win for sure. But … you're going to try to send a message? I don't know if it's the best [idea], because it's not going to be 100 percent real."

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8193209/nba-team-usa-faces-spanish-team-primed-mind-games

jaye

PostPosted: 07/24/12 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
This team just isn't that good. The inside game is nonexistent. They rely too heavily on the three-ball. They have long stretches of defensive mental lapses. They aren't on the Dream Team level. Hell, they might be on the 2004 team's level if they're lucky.

Spain will beat this team at some point--either tomorrow or during the Olympics. For America's sake, I hope it's tomorrow.

they really are struggling.... how in the world does a dream team just barely beat brazil.... and the ego's are starting to show.... kevin love in particular... reports are that the word "entitled" is circulation through the coaching staff...

i'm also very interested in the spain game...

rondo is laughing

PostPosted: 07/24/12 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The one team in a good place to make a call is Argentina — they lost by 20 to Spain before taking on the USA. And here is what Andres Nocioni said Sunday after the USA game, via basquetplus.com and The Big Lead.

“The U.S. team will have to work very hard for the gold medal and I’m not so sure they will get it.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/argentinas-nocioni-not-sure-usa-wins-gold-medal/related/

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/24/12 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
And Pau Gasol, newly installed as Spain's flag-bearer for the opening ceremonies, referring to Los Angeles Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant: "He doesn't like to lose against anyone, but I'd like to maybe let him win tomorrow and maybe beat him in London. That would be ideal."

Quote:
"They like to talk [trash]," Marc Gasol said. "Kobe loves to talk."

"He went at [me] a little bit during the All-Star Game. He had all of his teammates around. I felt a little alone there by myself in the corner. But it will be a little different story now that we're here at home."

Asked how understanding Palau Sant Jordi-goers will be if Spain plays this one Pop-style, Calderon said: "I think everybody understands as well. I think it's going to be fun, everybody's going to be crazy about it, and we're going to try to win for sure. But … you're going to try to send a message? I don't know if it's the best [idea], because it's not going to be 100 percent real."

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8193209/nba-team-usa-faces-spanish-team-primed-mind-games

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/24/12 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NBAonESPN The NBA on ESPN
Game on. RT @rickyrubio9: @kevinlove are u ready to lose against Spain tonig

ucbart

PostPosted: 07/24/12 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
ddubdawg wrote:
Shallow I know, but what the hell was up with the shorts and the blue ass backside? Those look so damn ridiculous. I sure hope the women don't have the similar coloring, but I am guessing they will.

Nike being Nike.

I absolutely love the uniforms. I think Nike is so cutting edge and I love it.

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/24/12 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
BARCELONA, Spain -- Gold medal at stake or nothing at all, the U.S. Olympic basketball team is too good for Spain.

Carmelo Anthony came off the bench to score 23 of his 27 points in the first half, and the Americans beat Spain 100-78 on Tuesday night in a rematch of the gold-medal game -- and possible preview of the next one.

LeBron James added 25 and Kevin Durant had 13, including 10 in the first 3½ minutes of the third quarter to help the U.S. break open the teams' final exhibition game before heading to London.

The teams played a memorable gold-medal game four years ago, the Americans pulling away for a 118-107 victory after leading by only four points with under 2½ minutes left.

This one turned out much easier once the U.S. controlled the final three quarters.

Pau Gasol scored 19 points and Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka, a native of the Republic of Congo who became a Spanish national last year, had 16.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8196775/2012-london-olympics-carmelo-anthony-lebron-james-guide-us-spain-men-basketball-exhibition

jaye

PostPosted: 07/25/12 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

melo went off.... the same melo that everyone thinks is so useless... Laughing this wasn't actually spain tho... with all the spanish players missing with injuries.... but good win none the less....

PostPosted: 07/25/12 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Anthony is on, he's great ... but he's not on every game, and he doesn't make players around him better. He needs the ball to be effective, and when he's effective, he's tremendous. Hopefully, he'll recognize when things aren't working for him, and realize he can give the ball up to others at his level.

PostPosted: 07/25/12 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Beyond experimental therapy, Bryant reveals how else his appearance has changed, losing 16 pounds to prepare his older body for the rigours of the Olympics followed by another run at his sixth NBA title. “With summer basketball leading directly into the season – and I’m expecting to play until next June – I have to take some load off my knees. I’ve got to shave some of this weight.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/25/kobe-bryant-dropped-16-pounds-to-get-ready-for-the-olympics/related/

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/26/12 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/26/12 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Lebron looks very tired in this pic. Kobe looks fresh

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 07/26/12 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

It's just a fractional moment in time Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 07/26/12 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

LeBron looks rested here.

LOL @ CP3!

Mathies to LA 2013
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/26/12 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Olympic Ceremony Uniforms

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/27/12 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"The '92 Dream Team paved the way for all of us ... We understand what they did for our game, but we also are big-time competitors as well, so if we got the opportunity to play them in a game we feel like we would win too," James said.

James' comments echoed those of Bryant, who two weeks ago made virtually the same proclamation.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8205408/lebron-james-says-united-states-olympic-team-beat-1992-dream

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/27/12 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
However “beast?” Nobody is really calling him a beast.

Well, except Pau Gasol himself, according to Reuters.

Pau Gasol said on Thursday he felt like a “beast” after working hard to prepare for his pivotal role in Spain’s bid for Olympic hardware in basketball.

“I have been preparing myself and working to get better this summer,” (said) Gasol… “First for the Olympics and to perform at a high level to be able to achieve our goal, and then when the Olympics are over, take a little break and continue to prepare myself for what’s going to be a very demanding (NBA) season, a season where we (the Lakers) want to get back on top as a team.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/27/pau-gasol-feels-ready-to-be-a-beast-for-olympics-lakers/related/

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/27/12 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kobe Bryant w/Jason Lezak, the 4x100m relay master who helped his team bring home the gold in Beijing.

Kobe Bryant w/Tyson Gay, one of the fastest men in the world, competing in the 100m and 4x100m Relay.

Kobe Bryant w/Rebecca Soni, ranked the best breaststroke swimmer in the world. She’s competing in four events: Women's 4x200m Freestyle Relay, Women's 100m Breaststroke, Women's 200m Breaststroke, and Women's 4x100m Medley Relay.

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/27/12 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/27/12 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LeBron James has forgotten that he's engaged. Although, it's not the first time. Lebron asked Lauren Perdue to Dinner. Lol she deleted the tweet. But not before people screen capped it.

http://www.iamagm.com/article/us-olympic-swimmer-lauren-perdue-flirting-with-lebron-or-viceversa-or-none-of-the-above#.UBOO55KXgy1

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/28/12 5:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

His children should slap him over the head

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: