RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tornado near Minneapolis? Plane making emergency landing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 09/21/05 7:36 pm    ::: Tornado near Minneapolis? Plane making emergency landing... Reply Reply with quote

This just flashed on CNN that a tornado is reported to be on the ground near the city. Does anyone know?

Now there's a plane that has to make an emergency landing at LAX because it's landing gear twisted on takeoff, and now they need to burn fuel, because it was fully stocked to fly across the country.

This has been a very depressing month event-wise.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 09/21/05 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The plane just landed. It was kinda scary, but looks like it was successful.

PostPosted: 09/21/05 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
The plane just landed. It was kinda scary, but looks like it was successful.

Almost anticlimactic wasn't it, the fire from dragging the tire sideways, but they quickly said that wasn't a problem and was expected, he nailed that landing, I was totally impressed, the front gear(tire) never seemed to veer even an inch from that center line.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 09/21/05 9:01 pm    ::: Re: Tornado near Minneapolis? Plane making emergency landin Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
This just flashed on CNN that a tornado is reported to be on the ground near the city. Does anyone know?

a few moments of fear here when the sirens went off, but it ended up ok. storm went north and then calmed down. definitely some damage up in the northern suburbs, but i don't think anything really catastrophic.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 09/21/05 9:37 pm    ::: Re: Tornado near Minneapolis? Plane making emergency landin Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:

a few moments of fear here when the sirens went off, but it ended up ok. storm went north and then calmed down. definitely some damage up in the northern suburbs, but i don't think anything really catastrophic.

Thanks...I was really worried about everyone in that area. I'm glad everyone is relatively okay.

That pilot stuck that landing. I was very impressed with that. I'm glad everyone is relatively okay in that situation as well.

Well, at least two of the three news items have turned out relatively well. Now, I hope that the same can be said of Rita, but...

boldenfan

PostPosted: 09/22/05 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a friends family here in the town I live in, there trampoline got trashed, it's all twisted up, a huge branch fell almost into their pool, the tarp over their pool was ripped to heck.

Another friend that lives in the Broolyn Park/Center area had that tornado rip through their neighborhood, just big trees ripped up, no damge to the house thank goodness.

Yeah my nerves are raw and your wearin' thin. You won't play me again. I'm not a freak show, eat crow kinda thing. I can suck you up, or spit you out, so take your best swing. I'm gonna jump right off of this sinking ship, are you feeling me yet?
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/22/05 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The funky thing about the plane was it was a Jet Blue, with the TV screens. While the plane circled burning off fuel, the passengers were watching news coverage of their plane potentially having a disaster. The report I read said it made things much worse and scared the crap out of most of the passengers.

sbjules

PostPosted: 09/22/05 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
The funky thing about the plane was it was a Jet Blue, with the TV screens. While the plane circled burning off fuel, the passengers were watching news coverage of their plane potentially having a disaster. The report I read said it made things much worse and scared the crap out of most of the passengers.

At least the pilot turned off the TVs some time before they landed. He did a masterful job!

Everybody in SoCal was watching it live, I think.

kinkitola

PostPosted: 09/22/05 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah we pretty much all halted to watch it. it was almost like when there's a police chase going. the crew did a damn good job landing the plane, better than i've seen when all gears are functional.

PostPosted: 09/22/05 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

was everyone alright that was on the plane? did they land safely?

Yeah my nerves are raw and your wearin' thin. You won't play me again. I'm not a freak show, eat crow kinda thing. I can suck you up, or spit you out, so take your best swing. I'm gonna jump right off of this sinking ship, are you feeling me yet?
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/22/05 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boldenfan wrote:
was everyone alright that was on the plane? did they land safely?

yes and yes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: