RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LPGA Manulife Financial Classic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 06/23/12 1:17 pm    ::: LPGA Manulife Financial Classic Reply Reply with quote

Log jam at the top, coverage at 3 est. Lexi is 1 back, 41 of 43 GIR, 1 under 30 putts, if she keeps this up I give her the best chance to win.

PostPosted: 06/24/12 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really good sport right now, after 14, Seo, and Park are tied at -17, American Lang, the Dukie, is at -16, and they are all in the final group. Extraordinarily, Duke has never had a player win on the LPGA tour. That is a strange stat considering how good the players they have had are. It would be like Uconn not having a player starting in the the WNBA.

PostPosted: 06/24/12 3:31 pm    ::: Re: LPGA Manulife Financial Classic Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
Log jam at the top, coverage at 3 est. Lexi is 1 back, 41 of 43 GIR, 1 under 30 putts, if she keeps this up I give her the best chance to win.

Lang birdies 15, three way tie,[ Choi Chella birdies 17, 7 under on the day] 1 shot back, great stuff.

This is an inaugural event in Waterloo Canada, about 1.5 hours SW of Toronto, the crowds are huge, 15-20K per day, I'm thinking the LPGA will be back here next year Very Happy , this isn't even a full top player field, a few of the top players have taken the week off, because all the money is about to be handed out in the next 6-8 weeks.

PostPosted: 06/24/12 3:48 pm    ::: Re: LPGA Manulife Financial Classic Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Lang birdies 15, three way tie,[ Choi Chella birdies 17, 7 under on the day] 1 shot back, great stuff.

This is an inaugural event in Waterloo Canada, about 1.5 hours SW of Toronto, the crowds are huge, 15-20K per day, I'm thinking the LPGA will be back here next year Very Happy , this isn't even a full top player field, a few of the top players have taken the week off, because all the money is about to be handed out in the next 6-8 weeks.

Stacy Lewis eagles 18 from off the green, great shot, too little too late, -15(64, 29 on the back). Choi birdies 18, 4 way tie at -16, Lang, Park and Seo are playing 17.

PostPosted: 06/24/12 4:09 pm    ::: Re: LPGA Manulife Financial Classic Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Stacy Lewis eagles 18 from off the green, great shot, too little too late, -15(64, 29 on the back). Choi birdies 18, 4 way tie at -16, Lang, Park and Seo are playing 17.

4 way tie at -16, Lang, Park and Seo are playing 17. 18 is a reachable, birdie, par 5, all three players can get on or near the green in two.

Very Happy

PostPosted: 06/24/12 4:30 pm    ::: Re: LPGA Manulife Financial Classic Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

4 way tie at -16, Lang, Park and Seo are playing 17. 18 is a reachable, birdie, par 5, all three players can get on or near the green in two.

Very Happy

Oh Geez! Lang absolutely yanked a 4 footer left to win. It was not like any putt she has hit all day. She made about 6-8 feet, solid, for par at 17.

4 way playoff. Choi, Seo, park, and Lang.

I give Choi an advantage, she birdied the last two holes to tie, I think she is the one with ole mo on her side.

PostPosted: 06/24/12 4:44 pm    ::: Re: LPGA Manulife Financial Classic Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Very Happy

Oh Geez! Lang absolutely yanked a 4 footer left to win. It was not like any putt she has hit all day. She made about 6-8 feet, solid, for par at 17.

I give Choi an advantage, she birdied the last two holes to tie, I think she is the one with ole mo on her side.

Lang drew last but got first honor, crushed it, Choi and Seo will hit to the green first, Park hit by Lang by a few feet, so it's all even, all square, a 15 mph wind came up the first time they played 18, not now, it's reachable and an eagle could win it, birdie, I think not on this first pass.
Quote:

Lang and Seo on the green, Lang has about 12-15 feet, Seo about 10 feet, for eagle, Lang has to make, if she makes she probably wins, miss and Seo gets a free run at it, no pressure plus she will get a read off Lang's putt. Both Park and Choi will make birdie from off the green I imagine.

PostPosted: 06/24/12 5:01 pm    ::: Re: LPGA Manulife Financial Classic Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Very Happy

Lang drew last but got first honor, crushed it, Choi and Seo will hit to the green first, Park hit by Lang by a few feet, so it's all even, all square, a 15 mph wind came up the first time they played 18, not now, it's reachable and an eagle could win it, birdie, I think not on this first pass.
Quote:

Lang and Seo on the green, Lang has about 12-15 feet, Seo about 10 feet, for eagle, Lang has to make, if she makes she probably wins, miss and Seo gets a free run at it, no pressure plus she will get a read off Lang's putt. Both Park and Choi will make birdie from off the green I imagine.

Choi hits a bad chip, misses birdie, Lang missed, Seo missed, Park made for birdie.

3 way tie, Park, a former US Open Champion, Seo, who lost in a playoff for the US Open last year, and Lang who has never been in this position, at all.

PostPosted: 06/24/12 5:24 pm    ::: Re: LPGA Manulife Financial Classic Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Very Happy

Quote:

Choi hits a bad chip, misses birdie, Lang missed, Seo missed, Park made for birdie.

3 way tie, Park, a former US Open Champion, Seo, who lost in a playoff for the US Open last year, and Lang who has never been in this position, at all.
Park was in the driver seat but shoved her second shot right, and failed to up and down, gone.

Seo hit the green but above the hole with a hard LR break. Birdie, Lang hit her tee shot in the left rough, and just shoved the second a bit, up and down, birdie.

Lang vs Seo, 3rd playoff hole at 18.[quote]

Both Lang and Seo hit second shots in a left side green side bunker, seo hit it 5 feet below the hole and missed, Lang hit it 4 feet above the hole,

Lang Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: