RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Amaya Valdemoro back to WNBA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/21/05 2:43 pm    ::: Amaya Valdemoro back to WNBA Reply Reply with quote

AMAYA VALDEMORO RETURNS To The WNBA IN VACATIONS

It has supplies of four American equipment of first level that already they wanted to file it after the Olympic Games. The player can get up itself at the end of May.

Amaya Valdemoro it can return to better league of east basketball summer. Supplies not him they lack, as one demonstrated after the games, when equipment of Sacrament, Detroit and Minnesotta wanted to file it. Then it preferred to hope and to continue in the Ros Casares, but the Americans have returned a the load, putting on the table elevated numbers més. "he is Always pleasant that great equipment they are interested in you, although still I must study all the details ", I explain the player.
The player would get up itself to the WNBA to end of May, once finalized the Spanish league.

AMAYA ALSO IS WOMAN And UNDERGOES The INJUSTICE
It would gain 100 times less than Gasol.
Like the rest of the women, the sport is not excluded from the wage discrimination. The star feminine of the Spanish basketball I will receive in the WNBA much less than Pau Gasol, at the moment Spanish sportsman better paid.
The draftee by a North American equipment is the unique one possibility of making més money since in Spanish league the numbers are inferior.

THREE RING OF THE WNBA And LITTLE RECOGNITION
The Madrilenian has palmarés to the reach of very few. Ademés of to have gained three ring of the WNBA with Houston Cornets, 1 Euroliga has obtained, 2 Supercopas, 6 Ligas and 6 Glasses. In spite of its great currículum it has had many difficulties.

http://www.ligafemenina.com/no-/01-05/not-02863.htm

BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/21/05 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Valdemoro could be useful to a lot of teams. She's a more affordable option than Sam, so either Sac or Seattle could give her a go.

PostPosted: 01/21/05 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I notice Euros always complain about the money but I wonder if they realise that playing in the WNBA could help their game a little bit...
sambista

PostPosted: 01/22/05 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here, here, keegan. but i also wonder about all the feature stories we don't have access to - i'm sure there are fuller opinions on the relative worth of playing in the usa and for the wnba. when i hear about foreign players coming back, i get misty about isabelle fijalkowski. that's the one player i think i've missed the most all these years, and i hope i have some old videotape of her somewhere. she seemed so formidable at the time. now we'll never know . . . (sniff!)

PostPosted: 01/22/05 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh I can understand why they don't want to play in the WNBA - they earn good money and they don't want to play all year round (not that European basketball is particularly intense). They also have their cultural biases. However with the notable exception of Russia (and you can argue they're not really continental European), the rest of Europe is slipping further behind the US, Australia and Brazil. Talent differential is an issue of course but style of play is a valid concern as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: