RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Not That Shocking of a Prediction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/09/23 9:51 pm    ::: Not That Shocking of a Prediction Reply Reply with quote

I think LeBron James will be an owner in the W in the next round of expansion. Not the current round but the next one.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/09/23 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope not.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/10/23 7:03 am    ::: Re: Not That Shocking of a Prediction Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
I think LeBron James will be an owner in the W in the next round of expansion. Not the current round but the next one.

___________X

PostPosted: 10/10/23 11:12 am    ::: Re: Not That Shocking of a Prediction Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
I think LeBron James will be an owner in the W in the next round of expansion. Not the current round, but the next one.

___________X

Maybe if there is talk about reviving the Cleveland Rockers again.

PostPosted: 10/10/23 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The signs are there. The ban on active NBA players investing has been lifted. Some players have expressed interest in ownership. Especially those with daughters. NBA players can now invest in independent WNBA teams and sports betting operators thanks to a new collective bargaining agreement.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 10/11/23 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
The signs are there. The ban on active NBA players investing has been lifted. Some players have expressed interest in ownership. Especially those with daughters. NBA players can now invest in independent WNBA teams and sports betting operators thanks to a new collective bargaining agreement.

I can only wonder if Kobe Bryant was still alive, he might have been investing in a WNBA franchise by now.

PostPosted: 10/11/23 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

I can only wonder if Kobe Bryant was still alive, he might have been investing in a WNBA franchise by now.

Vanessa has stayed involved with the WNBA community. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Bryant family become involved in ownership.

PostPosted: 10/13/23 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Vanessa has stayed involved with the WNBA community. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Bryant family become involved in ownership.

Yeah, I really do think owning a W team was on KB24's horizon.

I think it is possible, once major NBA player involvement gets going, I think Vanessa may get in at that time.
Shades

PostPosted: 10/13/23 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Yeah, I really do think owning a W team was on KB24's horizon.

I think it is possible, once major NBA player involvement gets going, I think Vanessa may get in at that time.

I was pushing the idea of Kobe owning a WNBA team years ago, perhaps naively.

I don’t think his wife would try to own a team on her own. With an ownership group, who knows? I think she may have been the more business-driven of the couple.Is the WNBA a great business, not quite yet.

As far LeBron goes, he doesn’t want to piddle around with a WNBA team on its own. He has been talking about bringing a NBA team to Vegas, so if he gets into a partnership with Mark Davis, for instance, then maybe he could own the Aces by association. As far as owning a new WNBA expansion team on his own, my prediction is he’s not interested.

It took so long for the league to reach the point of adding two new teams, what makes you guys think that new teams will be added frequently now? I don’t think that’ll happen unless there’s a huge spike in broadcasting revenue. Is that likely to happen? I’d be surprised.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/17/23 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I was pushing the idea of Kobe owning a WNBA team years ago, perhaps naively.

I don’t think his wife would try to own a team on her own. With an ownership group, who knows? I think she may have been the more business-driven of the couple.Is the WNBA a great business, not quite yet.

As far LeBron goes, he doesn’t want to piddle around with a WNBA team on its own. He has been talking about bringing a NBA team to Vegas, so if he gets into a partnership with Mark Davis, for instance, then maybe he could own the Aces by association. As far as owning a new WNBA expansion team on his own, my prediction is he’s not interested.

It took so long for the league to reach the point of adding two new teams, what makes you guys think that new teams will be added frequently now? I don’t think that’ll happen unless there’s a huge spike in broadcasting revenue. Is that likely to happen? I’d be surprised.

Its all guesses and supposition at this point. I am just going off interviews with NBA players about the W and attendance at W games and events.

Yeah I also think Vanessa would be more inclined to invest with an ownership group rather than by herself.

I don't think they are going to be adding teams hand over fist. As I said, I think that NBA players, potentially Lebron also. will be in the next round of team additions. When that will be is anybody's guess. I do think there will be another team besides GSW this time around but that may be all for awhile.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/17/23 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

According to this there will be expansion in 2025 AND 2026.

https://twitter.com/AASEGOakland/status/1712280213902798881
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: