RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Parker and Anosike Expect Greatness in LA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephenlynxguy22

PostPosted: 04/24/12 6:49 am    ::: Parker and Anosike Expect Greatness in LA Reply Reply with quote

Hey all,

Great chats with the two former Tennessee players...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/other-ballers/womens/2012/04/parker-and-anosike-expect-great-in-la/
RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/24/12 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These guys definitely sound motivated...... Twisted Evil

GEF34

PostPosted: 04/24/12 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a great article, I'm getting more excited for the Sparks season to start. Very Happy

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/24/12 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like I'm harping on this just a touch, but someone has pointed out to her that she'll need to sign a contract before any kind of 'greatness' can take place, right?

I'll skip the basic element that if Anosike plays like she has the last two years she'll barely reach the heights of 'bad', never mind 'great'.

PostPosted: 04/24/12 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a fluff piece, dude. Just let it go. If the thought of them reuniting gets them excited for the 2012 season, then good for them. They need to be excited to play this year (and every year, really).

I just hope that their excitement translates into much improved play and better results. A nice postseason run would be great, but I won't hold my breath.

Mathies to LA 2013
ucdt3

PostPosted: 04/24/12 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I feel like I'm harping on this just a touch, but someone has pointed out to her that she'll need to sign a contract before any kind of 'greatness' can take place, right?

I'll skip the basic element that if Anosike plays like she has the last two years she'll barely reach the heights of 'bad', never mind 'great'.

Exactly what I said yesterday on Twitter when the article was released. Laughing
Stephenlynxguy22

PostPosted: 04/24/12 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Put it this way...do you think PR would allow them to do interview such as this if there was any concern about her signing?
jaye

PostPosted: 04/24/12 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

given the fact that carol ross is known for getting the best out of her players and that players flourish under her... this promises to be a monster season for la.... they have several players that should have been stars but fell short... i'm extremely interested to see what happens... sometimes a new situation is what it takes to jump start...

PostPosted: 04/24/12 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's see......

Front court of Parker, Lavender, Anosike, Ogwumike, and Hoffman.

Hmm........

Good mixture of finesse, power, scoring and nastiness.

At least the 2nd best front 5 in the W.

psheehy

PostPosted: 04/24/12 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think LA has a really good chance to be a great team this year. If Zoll can be the pro point guard many of us think she has the potential to be, with Parker and Beard as primary offense, and if Anosike rediscovers her defensive anchor role, and the potential boost from Ogwumike ... they have some nice bench pieces that could work if they buy into the roles they are best suited to play. They don't look like a championship team, but they look like a solid team.

Mind you, I don't want them to win...as a Seattle fan, but if they weren't LA I would have a soft spot for them with this group under Coach Ross. If she can get everyone to buy into the kind of vision I think she has based on how the roster has shaped up....they could do some special things.

Really, look at the roster and think about the blend of specialty skills she has at her disposal. The difference between the lottery and a playoff threat is all about the mental stuff. It is kind of like what Seattle looked like a few years ago...who would have thought Tanisha Wright and Camille Little would be key players for a WNBA team before they blossomed under Agler? So much depends on what Ross does and how these fringe talents buy into the system. I am betting if they don't buy in she will dispose of them for similar talents that will.

1) Think about "what if?" he had gotten that lottery ball in 2015....
2) Remember to watch some NCAA games
3) Invest in mystical restorative ointments for hips, knees, backs and well everything.
FS02

PostPosted: 04/24/12 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA is one of the more intriguing teams in the league right now, for sure! If the bad vibes from last year are dealt with, if Ross gets everyone on the same page, if Beard is helathy, and if Zoll can be steady at the point they could have a pretty good squad. I don't think they need great things from Anosike.

Enough to challenge Minnesota? I guess time will tell.

PostPosted: 04/24/12 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
LA is one of the more intriguing teams in the league right now, for sure! If the bad vibes from last year are dealt with, if Ross gets everyone on the same page, if Beard is helathy, and if Zoll can be steady at the point they could have a pretty good squad. I don't think they need great things from Anosike.

Enough to challenge Minnesota? I guess time will tell.

They need Anosike to play good though because if she does that will mean that Parker can play her natural PF position and they can use Lavender as a backup to Anosike.

I see them as the 2nd or 3rd team in the West if Alana is healthy(Parker stays healthy) Zoll will be consistent at the point and Anosike plays decent on both ends of the court.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/24/12 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Let's see......

Hmm........

Who's the first?

PostPosted: 04/24/12 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always felt Anosike could be oh, so much better than she has shown. Hopefully Ross and company can bring it out in her.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 04/24/12 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Let's see......

Hmm........

Who's the first?

Let's see Jackson, Little, Thompson, Wauters, and Kobryn is pretty good. Fowles, Cash, Riley, Willingham, and Swords isn't too bad either. As well as de Souza, Lyttle, Leuchanka, Kraayeveld, and Paris.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And we'd all be remised if we didn't keep an eye on.....

Front court of Snow, Langhorne, Robinson, Pringle, and Harper

Hmm........

Good mixture of incompetence, weakness, lack of scoring, and laziness.

Wink

(p.s. - of course I'm referring to the above minus Langhorne)
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/24/12 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Let's see Jackson, Little, Thompson, Wauters, and Kobryn is pretty good.

True. I don't know how I forgot about Seattle. I guess when I hear Parker, Lavender, and Ogwumike I forget about everybody else.

ucdt3 wrote:
And we'd all be remised if we didn't keep an eye on.....

Front court of Snow, Langhorne, Robinson, Pringle, and Harper

Laughing

PostPosted: 04/25/12 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Let's see......

Hmm........

DeLisha Milton-Jones is also going to be a big part of the front court group this season and maybe for the next couple of season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: