RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Spanish finals Ros-Casares vs Perfumerias Avenida
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/21/12 10:30 am    ::: Spanish finals Ros-Casares vs Perfumerias Avenida Reply Reply with quote

Finals game 1 between Ros-Casares(LJ, Wauters, Maya, Shay Murphy, Vesela) and Perfumerias Avenida(Bonner and De Souza) starts in 2 minutes!!
http://ligafemenina.febtv.com/index.aspx

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 04/21/12 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't speak Spanish, but if the comment "Yo no veo nada" means there's nothing on the screen, it expresses my situation precisely.

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hit the button above the score on the right that says 'Ver Partido'. That started the video for me.

Still not sure how Ann Wauters shoulder-barging an opponent to the ground ended up being a technical against Avenida though.

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Hit the button above the score on the right that says 'Ver Partido'. That started the video for me.

Still not sure how Ann Wauters shoulder-barging an opponent to the ground ended up being a technical against Avenida though.

Look at the replay and a couple plays that Sanchez made before that. Complaining to the refs and trying to start a fight with Wauters after she attempted a layup. Then when they both ran back you can see pretty clearly that Wauters was running in a straight line when Sanchez walked against her trying to get the foul on Wauters.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, that was right when I joined the game, so I admit I didn't have all the info. The replay I saw looked like Wauters was more than willing to run into her and send her to the floor right before the ref actually made the call though.

At least it's still a game. I wasn't expecting Ros to have too much trouble in this series.

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Yeah, that was right when I joined the game, so I admit I didn't have all the info. The replay I saw looked like Wauters was more than willing to run into her and send her to the floor right before the ref actually made the call though.

At least it's still a game. I wasn't expecting Ros to have too much trouble in this series.

Not to mention that Sanchez has a history of trying to get under peoples skin..

Joe Foss

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Thanks!

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a strange broadcast. All the players look like they are moving at warp speed.

BTW - from what little I've seen - draft eligible or not Yacoubou looks like a find. She's outmuscled Erika a few times.

Last edited by Randy on 04/21/12 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
This is a strange broadcast. All the players look like they are moving at warp speed.

are you playing it on internet explorer and small screen?

Randy

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tried it both ways. These are really interesting shots. The close ups of the players show how drained they are. This looks really intense. The warp speed is on the big screen.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 3pointers from Avenida are keeping them in this game..

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LJ is having a great game on both ends of the court Smile

Randy

PostPosted: 04/21/12 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coach looks scary to me. But Erika doesn't seem to pay much attention to him. Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 04/21/12 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y-M-C-A = the univerisal language of sports.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/21/12 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

BTW - from what little I've seen - draft eligible or not Yacoubou looks like a find. She's outmuscled Erika a few times.

I don't know if you can really call her a find - anyone who watches European basketball has known how good she was for years. That's why she ended up at Ros Casares in the first place, and why she would've gone a lot higher if she was actually available in this draft.

I sincerely hope that if she ever decides she does want to try the WNBA, she plays somewhere other than Atlanta. There should be fallout from being that stupid and embarrassing the league that idiotically.

PostPosted: 04/21/12 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LJ really has not had many stellar games for Ros but this one was one of the few. I'm surprised the score was so close. One more win and Wauters, Moore, Sancho and company will win the Spanish league. Ros can and should finish winning the championships that matter most league and Euroleauge.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/21/12 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

I don't know if you can really call her a find - anyone who watches European basketball has known how good she was for years. That's why she ended up at Ros Casares in the first place, and why she would've gone a lot higher if she was actually available in this draft.

I sincerely hope that if she ever decides she does want to try the WNBA, she plays somewhere other than Atlanta. There should be fallout from being that stupid and embarrassing the league that idiotically.

Perhaps just a rationalization, but MM's comment in the local press was something to the effect "I don't know why we even have a 3rd round anyway." She seems to care little about 3rd round draft picks.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/21/12 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Perhaps just a rationalization, but MM's comment in the local press was something to the effect "I don't know why we even have a 3rd round anyway." She seems to care little about 3rd round draft picks.

My answer would be for free rights to foreign young players for the future.
But i dont think she takes the time for overseas scouting let alone young players with potential.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/21/12 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Same rules apply to first- and second-round picks that she ignored in the third. She can rationalise it however she likes - it was stunningly stupid.

PostPosted: 04/21/12 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

7upster wrote:
LJ really has not had many stellar games for Ros but this one was one of the few. I'm surprised the score was so close. One more win and Wauters, Moore, Sancho and company will win the Spanish league. Ros can and should finish winning the championships that matter most league and Euroleauge.

She had some good games in the Euroleague final 8 so she comes up big in important games.

But in this game she was playing great on defense(guarding small SF's and switching on guards but also defending De Souza and Bonner) and looked very comfortable on offense. She got more playing time at the PF position in this game (because Lyttle wasnt hitting her shots and had neck issues) and you can really see her more at ease when she is playing @ her normal position. She scored on low postups(and her trademark turnaround/fade away jumpers) but also on cuts to the basket. So thats good to see!

Last edited by Michelle89 on 04/22/12 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 04/21/12 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy after my brief return to watching b ball via web I have to marvel at the fact that you can cover the w from abroad - apparently all via webcast. You must have the patience of Job or a fabulous connection. The broadcasts I see seem to always be plagued with freezeups and sometimes like today strange scenes a player turning into metallic figures then breaking into crystals. Reminds me of the 60's.

7upster

PostPosted: 04/22/12 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
7upster wrote:

She had some good games in the Euroleague final 8 so she comes up big in important games.

But in this game she was playing great on defense(guarding small SF's and switching on guards but also defending De Souza and Bonner) and looked very comportable on offense. She got more playing time at the PF position in this game (because Lyttle wasnt hitting her shots and had neck issues) and you can really see her more at ease when she is playing @ her normal position. She scored on low postups(and her trademark turnaround/fade away jumpers) but also on cuts to the basket. So thats good to see!

You are right playing out of ones natural position really does effect a person's game. When I found out who was on the team I was expecting Sancho to start C and LJ to start at OF but that then would have thrown Lyttle out of position. But moving a PF to C is not nearly as big of a position change as it is to move a PF to SF which they did with LJ.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 04/22/12 2:59 am    ::: Finals in Spain Reply Reply with quote

The annual best-of-three title series between Ros Casares and defending champions Avenida began on Saturday in Valencia, with the hosts escaping with a 74-72 victory. Lauren Jackson tallied 19 points in the win, while Érika de Souza's 14 points and 11 rebounds led Avenida.

Ros Casares 74, Perfumerías Avenida 72
ROS: Jackson 19, Lyttle 12, Murphy 11 (Moore 6, Wauters 6, Veselá 1)
AVE: Érika 14, Xargay 13, Antoja 11 (Bonner 10, Fernández 9, Korstin 8, Feaster 3, Sánchez 1)

Finals Schedule:
Apr. 24 -- at Perfumerías Avenida, 2:45 p.m. EDT
Apr. 28 -- at Ros Casares, 5:30 a.m. EDT (if necessary)

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/22/12 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is it only a best of three series in Spain Question Even here in Holland its best of 5 series in the finals..

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/24/12 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game 2 of the Finals between Ros and Avenida starts now!!
http://www.feb.es/index.aspx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: