RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

A Nash-less, Hill-less Suns Team Beats the Clippers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 03/16/12 9:25 am    ::: A Nash-less, Hill-less Suns Team Beats the Clippers? Reply Reply with quote

What the heck happened there?

http://www.nba.com/games/20120315/PHXLAC/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Nevermind, I read further and found out the Suns just have the Clippers number taking 13 out of their last 14 meetings. But still, even without Nash and Hill?
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/16/12 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's Mike D's future job right there.

PostPosted: 03/16/12 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
That's Mike D's future job right there.

It'd be perfect. Griffin is as bad as Amar'e defensively and even more reliant on a PG to set up his offense, and Chris Paul is a wizard with the ball (though not nearly as good a 3-point shooter as Steve Nash).

Mathies to LA 2013
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/16/12 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I enjoy Griffin as a pure entertainer, on both sides of the spectrum. His 2 consecutive airballed FT's the other night were just as epic as his monster dunks. Laughing
They have other 3-point shooters, just as Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson back then with the good Suns. And Jordan covers a lot of ground, too. Griffin is a much better rebounder than Amar'e, so there's at least that. A lot of people have already mentioned that it's the perfect fit for D'Antoni's style and I couldn't agree more. They won't win a damn thing, but boy, will they be fun to watch. Give it time. Wink

PostPosted: 03/16/12 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't stand Griffin these days. "Overrated" does not even begin to describe him. Love is much better, and I'm not a Love fan because he's just hopeless on D.

Mathies to LA 2013
Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/16/12 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Can't stand Griffin these days. "Overrated" does not even begin to describe him. Love is much better, and I'm not a Love fan because he's just hopeless on D.

Tbh Griffins defence is (almost) just as bad as Love's defence. But Kevin just has way more offensive skills/moves then Blake. He really worked on his postmoves and of course his 3pointer is a killer.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/16/12 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

He is overrated. The whole "I need to do a between the legs dribble" before every move just kills me. But he's fun to watch, just like VC was.

PostPosted: 03/16/12 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Tbh Griffins defence is (almost) just as bad as Love's defence. But Kevin just has way more offensive skills/moves then Blake. He really worked on his postmoves and of course his 3pointer is a killer.

Blake's athleticism makes his downright disgusting defensive effort (or lack thereof) look pathetic. That said, Kevin Love played at UCLA (under a defensive-minded coach) and has lost about 40 pounds since his chubby college days. We should start seeing marked improvement by him in that area IF he really wants people to think of him as the best PF in the NBA.

Right now, the "best at each position" discussion looks like this:

PG ?
SG Kobe
SF LeBron
PF ?
C D-12

I'm almost tempted to put Rondo in the PG slot because the other choices (Paul, Rose, Williams) simply do not bring it on defense. Wish I could still put Tim Duncan in there at PF.

Mathies to LA 2013
Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/16/12 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Blake's athleticism makes his downright disgusting defensive effort (or lack thereof) look pathetic. That said, Kevin Love played at UCLA (under a defensive-minded coach) and has lost about 40 pounds since his chubby college days. We should start seeing marked improvement by him in that area IF he really wants people to think of him as the best PF in the NBA.

Right now, the "best at each position" discussion looks like this:

PG ?
SG Kobe
SF LeBron
PF ?
C D-12

I'm almost tempted to put Rondo in the PG slot because the other choices (Paul, Rose, Williams) simply do not bring it on defense. Wish I could still put Tim Duncan in there at PF.

You can put Chris Paul at PG imo. He is the NBA version of Sue Bird. Pass first but has a scoring button that can be switched to ON in any second especially in the 4th quarter or in clutch moments. True leader.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/16/12 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
You can put Chris Paul at PG imo. He is the NBA version of Sue Bird. Pass first but has a scoring button that can be switched to ON in any second especially in the 4th quarter or in clutch moments. True leader.

You'll notice that the players on my list are two-way players. I don't consider Chris Paul to be a two-way player this year. Why don't people understand that defense is 50% of the game?

Mathies to LA 2013
jaye

PostPosted: 03/16/12 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

offense puts asses in the seats... but defense wins games... every coach knows that.... no stops... no ring....

PostPosted: 03/16/12 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Suns at .500!

braveniler58

PostPosted: 03/17/12 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Suns at .500!

YAY Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/17/12 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jaye wrote:
offense puts asses in the seats... but defense wins games... every coach knows that.... no stops... no ring....

True but so far Chris Paul stepping up in 4th quarters resulted in atleast 7 wins for the Clippers. Todays game against Houston same thing. 12 points in a row for Chris Paul in the last 2.42 of the game when they were down with 6 pts Shocked

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/17/12 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chris Paul ain't winning a ring in LA unless he, Blake, and others, buy in defensively for their next coach.

Mathies to LA 2013
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/17/12 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Suns at .500!

Over his last 7 games, Steve Nash is averaging 13.6 PPG, 12.7 APG, 61.4 FG%, 55.6 3PT% and 95.2 FT%. He's aging in reverse.

PostPosted: 03/17/12 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Suns at .500!

Over his last 7 games, Steve Nash is averaging 13.6 PPG, 12.7 APG, 61.4 FG%, 55.6 3PT% and 95.2 FT%. He's aging in reverse.

Benjamin Button?

Mathies to LA 2013
braveniler58

PostPosted: 03/18/12 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Steve is playing really good now. He just needs to shoot more. Then again, we're winning so I shouldn't complain.

PostPosted: 03/18/12 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Chris Paul ain't winning a ring in LA unless he, Blake, and others, buy in defensively for their next coach.

won't even come close....

PostPosted: 03/30/12 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Lob City crap is bogus. I can't believe I allowed a Clippers team to convince me they'd be significantly better than mediocre. JJ Friggin' Hickson is beasting on this whack ass frontline. Blake Griffin can take his overrated corny arse straight to hell. He's just an athlete who plays basketball.

Mathies to LA 2013
Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/31/12 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
This Lob City crap is bogus. I can't believe I allowed a Clippers team to convince me they'd be significantly better than mediocre. JJ Friggin' Hickson is beasting on this whack ass frontline. Blake Griffin can take his overrated corny arse straight to hell. He's just an athlete who plays basketball.

True they are lucky that Chris Paul bailed them out AGAIN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: