RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

If the Celtics don't want Rondo,...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/01/12 4:30 pm    ::: If the Celtics don't want Rondo,... Reply Reply with quote

...what would it take for Atlanta to acquire him? Would they take Teague, some scrub w/expiring contract, and a first round pick?

Mathies to LA 2013
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/01/12 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most of the rumours seem to suggest that they'd prefer a big, while handing over the point guard duties to Avery Bradley. So they'd probably ask for Josh Smith instead.

PostPosted: 03/02/12 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad Smoove...

If we had a center worth a damn, I'd make that move.

Mathies to LA 2013
jaye

PostPosted: 03/02/12 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the celts don't need to get rid of rondo... they need to get rid of ainge.... if you make one brilliant move... and ten idiotic ones... you're not brilliant... you're an idiot....

i would love for rondo to go to the lakers....

PostPosted: 03/04/12 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was Rondo's "I dare you to trade me" game. Wow.

PostPosted: 03/04/12 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
This was Rondo's "I dare you to trade me" game. Wow.

He played an amazing game Shocked Shocked One of the biggest triple doubles every Shocked

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/05/12 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was one of the best performances by a PG EVER...but don't expect people to discuss it as such or give Rondo any sort of attention for turning in such an incredible performance.

Mathies to LA 2013
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/05/12 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, and I'm wondering if Petrie can be fired for picking Quincy Effing Douby over Rajon Rondo. Yes, I'm STILL bitter. Rolling Eyes

Mathies to LA 2013
jaye

PostPosted: 03/05/12 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
It was one of the best performances by a PG EVER...but don't expect people to discuss it as such or give Rondo any sort of attention for turning in such an incredible performance.

+++++++ 1

some writers are even focusing on his being inconsistent instead of focusing on the amazing stats.... as if he doesn't have this kind of game every night... he's not playing up to par.... the kid is averaging a double/double.... and of the 9 triple doubles this year... he has 4 of them.... i don't blame this kid of being tired of the bullshit...

PostPosted: 03/05/12 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jaye wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

+++++++ 1

some writers are even focusing on his being inconsistent instead of focusing on the amazing stats.... as if he doesn't have this kind of game every night... he's not playing up to par.... the kid is averaging a double/double.... and of the 9 triple doubles this year... he has 4 of them.... i don't blame this kid of being tired of the bullshit...

Exactly, jaye! Why do the critics try to do everything to poo-poo this performance? Who gives a shit about "inconsistencies"? 18/17/20 isn't "great". It isn't "outstanding", either. It is OTHERWORLDLY. I have never seen a stat line like this in my many years of watching b-ball. This is Magic Johnson/Oscar Robertson level of play. If Lin or Rubio had done this, the internet would've exploded. Fan boys would've c*mmed in their briefs. But because it was Rondo, ho hum. Rolling Eyes

That pisses me off the most. This was a virtuoso performance--and it's getting NO attention because of the man who turned in the performance. Enough of that "he's only good because of who he plays with" nonsense. Well, duh. Pass-first PGs are a product of who they play with, but it's up to them to put the players in the best position to win. Rondo does that better than most PGs in this league.

And the best part about the performance is that it led to a W for his team.

Mathies to LA 2013
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/05/12 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also overlooked was his defense on Lin and Davis. The Knicks lost this game on guard TO's. I don't understand why the Celtics are not trying to break up their Big 3 instead while they can get something back for one of them. It's clear Rondo should be a part of their future, good PG's are hard to find. Right now I would say only CP3 is the complete package in terms of PG play, so no use in dismissing Rondo's value because of his shooting. Just look at what Jason Kidd has been able to contribute in Dallas while being mostly a non-factor on offense.

PostPosted: 03/05/12 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

there's nothing wrong with rondo's offense... when he got pissed at the media bashing and decided that he wanted to show them he could score jsut like the guards that they orgasm over... he's easily scored over 30 several times... he's averaging 14 and his fg% is around .470.... but if people hear something often enough it creeps into their subconscious.... and they start to believe that it's actually one of their own thoughts...

PostPosted: 03/05/12 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jaye wrote:
there's nothing wrong with rondo's offense... when he got pissed at the media bashing and decided that he wanted to show them he could score jsut like the guards that they orgasm over... he's easily scored over 30 several times... he's averaging 14 and his fg% is around .470.... but if people hear something often enough it creeps into their subconscious.... and they start to believe that it's actually one of their own thoughts...

The issue for some is not his offense, but from where he is shooting. Points per game is not the issue; consistency from three and from the line are the concerns for those people.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/05/12 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

People are discussing it quite a bit because it is so amazing. But it happened on the same day as Williams' 57 points, which is also competing for attention.

Both, however, are "holy shit, that is amazing" performances. I happen to think Rondo's performance is the more impressive of the two.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/05/12 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
jaye wrote:

The issue for some is not his offense, but from where he is shooting. Points per game is not the issue; consistency from three and from the line are the concerns for those people.

Consistency from the line I get--he does need drastic improvement in that department. But for people to exclude him based on 3-point shooting is ridiculous. Derrick Rose (32%) and Russell Westbrook (30%) aren't exactly lighting it up from three themselves, and Rose plays absolutely no defense. IMO, Rondo should rank right up at the top with Chris Paul and a motivated Deron Williams.

Mathies to LA 2013
mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/05/12 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't understand Boston's need to trade him either.

Either make one more run with the old as fuck three + Rondo, or trade THEM and build around Rondo.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: