RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Restricted Free Agents

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/19/05 6:47 pm    ::: Restricted Free Agents Reply Reply with quote

OK, let's check the RFAs

Svetlana Abrosimova: Disappointing forward. Would you believe that back in 2001 there were people who thought she was better than Tamika Catchings? I dunno how hard Minnie will fight for her, and given the forwards available as UFAs she may not draw that much interest anyway. I can't think of a single reason to go after her over Charlotte Smith-Taylor.

Janell Burse: Underrated post. Great defender, so-so on offense. There are a whole bunch of teams that could use her, Seattle may not be able to afford to keep her.

Helen Darling: Mother of the Darling-Tots. I've always liked Darling, I wish we had her in Houston. There aren't many PGs on the FA market and bunches of teams that need one. Minnie is one of those teams, so don't expect to get her too cheap.

Simone Edwards: Hebrew speaking Jamaican. Shalom, mon.

Shalonda Enis: ABL All Star. Sat out last year over money. Could well do the same in 2005.

Kristi Harrower: Silver Medalist. See Helen Darling, and note that Harrower sat out 2004 to play in the Olympics.

Niele Ivey: My Fightin' Irish Girl. Any PG with a career 2.2 ATO ratio has to be taken seriously. Seems to be out of favor in Indy, someone could steal her.

Lauren Jackson: All-Time WNBL MVP. You gotta make the offer, even though there's no chance the Storm will let her go.

Tamicha Jackson: Turnover waiting to happen. Still might be the most overrated guard in the league.

Amanda Lassiter: Stopper. Outstanding defender with an unreliable shot. Was once considered the heir apparent to Sheryl Swoopes, if you can imagine that.

Betty Lennox: Bad Ass. Had her best year since her ROY season in 2000. Seattle will want to keep her if they can afford to. Doubtful that she would want to leave in any event.

Tynesha Lewis: Tyger. Coming off the best year of her career. Has never had a bad shooting year. With Mazzante and Perkins under contract, Sting might not fight too hard for her.

Clarisse Machanguana: Stiff. Hasn't played in the W since 2002. The Sun will probably let you have her if you're desperate enough to make an offer.

Kristen Rasmussen: Forward. Nondescript player in a FA market full of people at her position.

Kelly Schumacher: Non-blonde post. Very good in short doses. Declines noticably when she gets extended minutes. Worth making a run at.

Kate Starbird: Naismith winner. Had a disastrous year in limited minutes. Was once traded for Elena Baranova and a draft pick.

Maria Stepanova: No-show Barbie. Brandy Reed has played in Phoenix more recently than Stepanova, and is more likely to return to the W in 2005.

Stacey Thomas: Shotless wonder. Superb defender. Played more minutes in more games during the playoffs than the regular season.

Alicia Thompson: Role player. Was outstanding for the Storm off the bench in the playoffs. Could probably start for some teams at the wing, did well in that job for Indy in 2000.

Slobodanka Tuvic: Serbian nightmare. Started 26 games for Phoenix despite being terrible.

Kamila Vodichkova: Dedicated post. Skipped out on her national team in order to help the Storm win the title. One would hope that the Storm would reward her accordingly.

DeMya Walker: Would-be killer. Physical player that had 86 assists last season. Will draw offers.

Adrian Williams: Photogenic former All Star. Couldn't take minutes from Tuvic in Phoenix or Hicks in San Antonio. Could still be useful as a reserve post.

PostPosted: 01/19/05 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i've always longed for alicia thompson to break out. lassiter, too, if only to show van how he wasted her.

rasmussen's another rothstein project who could break out under the right coach. unfortunately, the only two i could see giving her what she needs are donovan and laimbeer.

PostPosted: 01/19/05 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe Minny has made offers to Svet and Darling, so it's up to other teams that might be interested to raise the stakes.

PostPosted: 01/20/05 8:26 am    ::: Re: Restricted Free Agents Reply Reply with quote

It seems like Janell Burse's description was fitting of Tari Phillips for the longest time. If I have to resign myself to see Tari go, would Janell be a good substitute for Tari?? If her defense is good, we can use her to get 5-6 RPG so that Elena doesn't have to get 27 RPG.

I would take Kristi Harrower too, but will her height (or lack thereof) be a problem?? We bitch about Becky's height too, but at least Kristi is a legit PG that has played internationally.

pilight wrote:
OK, let's check the RFAs

Svetlana Abrosimova: Disappointing forward. Would you believe that back in 2001 there were people who thought she was better than Tamika Catchings? I dunno how hard Minnie will fight for her, and given the forwards available as UFAs she may not draw that much interest anyway. I can't think of a single reason to go after her over Charlotte Smith-Taylor.

Janell Burse: Underrated post. Great defender, so-so on offense. There are a whole bunch of teams that could use her, Seattle may not be able to afford to keep her.

Helen Darling: Mother of the Darling-Tots. I've always liked Darling, I wish we had her in Houston. There aren't many PGs on the FA market and bunches of teams that need one. Minnie is one of those teams, so don't expect to get her too cheap.

Simone Edwards: Hebrew speaking Jamaican. Shalom, mon.

Shalonda Enis: ABL All Star. Sat out last year over money. Could well do the same in 2005.

Kristi Harrower: Silver Medalist. See Helen Darling, and note that Harrower sat out 2004 to play in the Olympics.

Niele Ivey: My Fightin' Irish Girl. Any PG with a career 2.2 ATO ratio has to be taken seriously. Seems to be out of favor in Indy, someone could steal her.

Lauren Jackson: All-Time WNBL MVP. You gotta make the offer, even though there's no chance the Storm will let her go.

Tamicha Jackson: Turnover waiting to happen. Still might be the most overrated guard in the league.

Amanda Lassiter: Stopper. Outstanding defender with an unreliable shot. Was once considered the heir apparent to Sheryl Swoopes, if you can imagine that.

Betty Lennox: Bad Ass. Had her best year since her ROY season in 2000. Seattle will want to keep her if they can afford to. Doubtful that she would want to leave in any event.

Tynesha Lewis: Tyger. Coming off the best year of her career. Has never had a bad shooting year. With Mazzante and Perkins under contract, Sting might not fight too hard for her.

Clarisse Machanguana: Stiff. Hasn't played in the W since 2002. The Sun will probably let you have her if you're desperate enough to make an offer.

Kristen Rasmussen: Forward. Nondescript player in a FA market full of people at her position.

Kelly Schumacher: Non-blonde post. Very good in short doses. Declines noticably when she gets extended minutes. Worth making a run at.

Kate Starbird: Naismith winner. Had a disastrous year in limited minutes. Was once traded for Elena Baranova and a draft pick.

Maria Stepanova: No-show Barbie. Brandy Reed has played in Phoenix more recently than Stepanova, and is more likely to return to the W in 2005.

Stacey Thomas: Shotless wonder. Superb defender. Played more minutes in more games during the playoffs than the regular season.

Alicia Thompson: Role player. Was outstanding for the Storm off the bench in the playoffs. Could probably start for some teams at the wing, did well in that job for Indy in 2000.

Slobodanka Tuvic: Serbian nightmare. Started 26 games for Phoenix despite being terrible.

Kamila Vodichkova: Dedicated post. Skipped out on her national team in order to help the Storm win the title. One would hope that the Storm would reward her accordingly.

DeMya Walker: Would-be killer. Physical player that had 86 assists last season. Will draw offers.

Adrian Williams: Photogenic former All Star. Couldn't take minutes from Tuvic in Phoenix or Hicks in San Antonio. Could still be useful as a reserve post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: