PostPosted: 04/13/13 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.feverblogs.com/guessing-game-begins/

redann

PostPosted: 04/13/13 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/lynx/news/feature_draft_2013_04_12.html

pilight

PostPosted: 04/13/13 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Washington might regret trading the #7 for Vaughn.

My guess is Atlanta and Washington will both regret trading away the #7 pick.

PostPosted: 04/14/13 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please tell me this is a joke...

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/6433

Randy

PostPosted: 04/14/13 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskerpower wrote:

Its pretty funny, but its not a joke. He does seem a little behind the times. Has the Mystics with the Dream No. 7 pick and thier own 13 pick.

Huskerpower

PostPosted: 04/14/13 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Huskerpower wrote:

Its pretty funny, but its not a joke. He does seem a little behind the times. Has the Mystics with the Dream No. 7 pick and thier own 13 pick.

Delle Donne going 4th? and Tayler Hill going 24? give me a break! Dude should lose his job!

zune69

PostPosted: 04/14/13 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskerpower wrote:

Most likely a list from last year,as you can see Washington is listed as having the #7 pick.Go back to the first page of this thread and you'll see a similar list.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/14/13 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Huskerpower wrote:

Most likely a list from last year,as you can see Washington is listed as having the #7 pick.Go back to the first page of this thread and you'll see a similar list.

except if you look at the quotes, like this one:

Quote:
Mayberry was huge in leading Tulsa to the NCAA Tournament where they battled Stanford tough. She does a solid job of taking care of and distributing the basketball to complement her offensive skills, which makes her an intriguing pick.

or
Quote:
Goodrich was a Lieberman Award finalist in 2013. She is a dynamic playmaker that has all of the tools of a top flight point guard to last in the WNBA for a long time to come.

Huskerpower

PostPosted: 04/14/13 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Am I the only one who just doesn't see what all the fuss is about with Goodrich as a WNBA player?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/14/13 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskerpower wrote:
Am I the only one who just doesn't see what all the fuss is about with Goodrich as a WNBA player?

I actually really like her point guard instincts, but the godawful shooting percentage and the fact that she's tiny really count against her. I'd say 13 is the highest she could go, and wouldn't be surprised if she slipped a fair bit further than that.

PostPosted: 04/14/13 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Huskerpower wrote:

I actually really like her point guard instincts, but the godawful shooting percentage and the fact that she's tiny really count against her. I'd say 13 is the highest she could go, and wouldn't be surprised if she slipped a fair bit further than that.

Ya, i agree, she's a good PG, but with her height combined with terrible shooting, I just don't see why people are so high on her as a pro PG

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/14/13 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskerpower wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Huskerpower wrote:

Ya, i agree, she's a good PG, but with her height combined with terrible shooting, I just don't see why people are so high on her as a pro PG

I don't think too many people are that high on her, that college sports mock draft from above that had her at 5 was pretty out of step with the consensus on this board at least. I think most see her as a mid to late 2nd round pick at best. I like her. If she was taller or had a better shot she would be much higher. But if you need someone to be a back up PG for your team and you have shooters I think she should get a look. It is too bad really because she is actually IMO one of the only true PG in the draft.

Other small PG have survived in the league Mitchell (who has a very high percentage 3 pt shot and a great assist/turn over ratio) and Bobbit (Who can hit the three and is pesky on defense) neither of those players are world beater but they've both played decent minutes at times on decent teams so it is not unheard of. And even though she isn't the best shooter she did have her 3 point shot up in the high thirties her jr. year so it is not out of the question that she could become more consistent.

Atlanta is probably her best shot to make a roster. I would say Washington and NY wouldn't be out of the question but they already have small PGs ahead of her, Seattle 2013 but again it would be small backing up small and could she make it when Bird returns, and SA would be a small outside chance as well, Minnesota has a vacancy at back up PG and the shooters but they might be able to pick someone bigger at 12 or 14. I think it will be overseas for her and come back with more of a consistent outside threat of a shot.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 04/14/13 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskerpower wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Huskerpower wrote:

With the right team who needs a pure point, or back up guard like Atlanta, Indiana or even Minnesota, or LA, i could see Goodrich as a good fit. Not saying she's a first rounder by any means, but i could see her having a long career in the W. In the few games I've seen her play i thought she was a pretty good point guard, who always looked to pass first and not afraid of contact or attacking the basket. Yes, her shooting percentages are awful, but if Shannon Bobbitt can find a place on a roster, maybe Angel can too.

PostPosted: 04/14/13 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Huskerpower wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Huskerpower wrote:

With the right team who needs a pure point, or back up guard like Atlanta, Indiana or even Minnesota, or LA, i could see Goodrich as a good fit. Not saying she's a first rounder by any means, but i could see her having a long career in the W. In the few games I've seen her play i thought she was a pretty good point guard, who always looked to pass first and not afraid of contact or attacking the basket. Yes, her shooting percentages are awful, but if Shannon Bobbitt can find a place on a roster, maybe Angel can too.

Who dares question the inevitable professional baptism of the Little Injun That Can? Wink

PostPosted: 04/14/13 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh yeah I like her in LA as well, if she could fall to their second round pick at 22 that might be the best option for her and them.

Harding/Goodrich
Toliver/1st round pick (let's say Mathies/Rodgers or Clarendon)
Beard/Ohea
Ogwumike/Anosike/Hoffman
Parker/lavender

You want to go big move Parker or Ogwumike to the 3

Randy

PostPosted: 04/14/13 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's my pick for the Dream. She should still be around at 13. I prefer her to Bentley. We need a passer who can find big players. Bentley is not such a great shooter either and only gets half as many assists, though I admit, a better shooter than Goodrich. If Moore is still available, she's the best choice. I'm betting both Bentley and Goodrich are still around at 13. I'm not even very sure they will draft a pg anyway, given some of the comments on thier Draft Review.

jap

PostPosted: 04/14/13 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
She's my pick for the Dream. She should still be around at 13. I prefer her to Bentley. We need a passer who can find big players. Bentley is not such a great shooter either and only gets half as many assists, though I admit, a better shooter than Goodrich. If Moore is still available, she's the best choice. I'm betting both Bentley and Goodrich are still around at 13. I'm not even very sure they will draft a pg anyway, given some of the comments on thier Draft Review.

Actually, according to LA beat writer Sue Favor, the Sparks may be targeting a possible SF candidate from Turkey named Tugce Canitez to spell Alana Beard. (See http://www.examiner.com/article/after-top-three-wnba-draft-a-top-heavy-toss-up about 3/5 of the way down the article.) Tugce (pronounced like "Touche'"), a 6'2", 187-pound SF was named the NAIA Player of the Year while playing for NAIA quarterfinalist Westmont College, averaging a double double of 19.1 PPG and 10.5 RPG. She played in the 2012 London Olympics for her home country Turkey.

Last edited by jap on 04/15/13 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/14/13 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Late change since it appears Thibault has it down to Hill, Bone, Mathies or Hawkins:

Changed subsequent to Q deal.

1 PHOENIX- Brittney Griner
2 CHICAGO - Elena Delle Donne
3 TULSA - Skylar Diggins
4 WASHINGTON - Tayler Hill
5 NEW YORK - Kelsey Bone
6 SEATTLE - Tianna Hawkins
7 NEW YORK - A'dia Mathies
8 SAN ANTONIO - Toni Young
9 INDIANA - Kelly Faris
10 LOS ANGELES - Sugar Rodgers
11 CONNECTICUT - Kayla Alexander
12 MINNESOTA - Lindsey Moore

Last edited by RavenDog on 04/15/13 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
mannman

PostPosted: 04/14/13 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Late change since it appears Thibault has it down to Hill, Bone, Mathies or Hawkins:

3 TULSA - Skylar Diggins
4 WASHINGTON - Kelsey Bone
5 NEW YORK -Tianna Hawkins
6 SEATTLE - Tayler Hill
9 INDIANA - Kelly Faris
12 MINNESOTA - Alex Bentley

Bentley is too short of a guard for Reeve. She won't pick her.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/14/13 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bentley is almost exactly same size/shape as Whalen. I wouldn't preclude her based on size. [yeah I know they are listed at two inches different, but I would bet side by side, they would be very similar]

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/14/13 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

3 TULSA - Skylar Diggins
6 SEATTLE - Tayler Hill
9 INDIANA - Kelly Faris

Bentley is too short of a guard for Reeve. She won't pick her.

You may be right. I keep going back and forth with her and Moore. Let's go with Moore.

Huskerpower

PostPosted: 04/14/13 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

3 TULSA - Skylar Diggins
6 SEATTLE - Tayler Hill
9 INDIANA - Kelly Faris

No Moore or Clarendon?

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/14/13 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskerpower wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

3 TULSA - Skylar Diggins
6 SEATTLE - Tayler Hill
9 INDIANA - Kelly Faris

No Moore or Clarendon?

Changed to Moore... Smile

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/14/13 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Washington might regret trading the #7 for Vaughn.

My guess is Atlanta and Washington will both regret trading away the #7 pick.

Don't think many Styx fans are regretting it at this point.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 79 of 81

Jump to: