RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2013 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 25977



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 2:54 am    ::: 2013 WNBA Mock Draft Reply Reply with quote

Draftsite.com has already worked out a first round mock draft for the 2013 WNBA Draft.
The order of teams are based on the 2012 order, so don't spaz. Just see the list as a sort of ranking of draft prospects at this point

http://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2013






I never knew Sugar Rodgers actual name was Ta'Shauna.

I'd rate Tayler Hill above Angel Goodrich, but that's just me.
GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 11882
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 2:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like seeing Markel in the first round, but I would like it even better if she was picked by the Sparks. Wink

Regardless of who picks her though, I think she has what it takes to be a very solid WNBA player.

I'd also like to see Jasmine Dixon drafted, which I think she will be, I think if she proves she is 100% back for her injury she can shoot her way into the first round or early second round.



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
rustedsyringe



Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 861
Location: Oklahoma


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

... Poppens?


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 17507



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rustedsyringe wrote:
... Poppens?



She's practically perfect in every way!



_________________
Thursdays starting at 3 ET: Dishin' & Swishin' The World of Womens Hoops Podcast at www.hoopfeed.com & itunes
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 45203
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tiny little Angel Goodrich is not a lottery pick



_________________
Why do some people love sausages and other people hate sausages? No fuckin' reason.
braveniler58



Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 10376
Location: Washington, DC / Gilbert, Arizona


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no way Diggins goes before Delle Donne does.



_________________
GO University of Connecticut Huskies, Arizona State University Sun Devils, University of Arizona Wildcats, Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury (2007 WNBA CHAMPIONS), and the New England Patriots!
Martini Man



Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4399
Location: Canada


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
There's no way Diggins goes before Delle Donne does.


I was going to say that too. Diggins is great and all but Delle Donne is a future WNBA superstar.

One thing that may make Diggins go before Delle Donne though is the fact that everyone see's Diggins a lot more than Delle Donne. That fact alone may make Diggins go before her. No?



_________________
Cheers Mate!!
ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 4748



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:
braveniler58 wrote:
There's no way Diggins goes before Delle Donne does.


I was going to say that too. Diggins is great and all but Delle Donne is a future WNBA superstar.

One thing that may make Diggins go before Delle Donne though is the fact that everyone see's Diggins a lot more than Delle Donne. That fact alone may make Diggins go before her. No?


It will likely depend on the team selecting because...



5'10 PG's with All-Star potential/talent and phenomenal shooting, passing, and leadership skills are a dime-a-dozen...

...as are 6'5 F/C's with unlimited range and an unbelievable skill set...

...and 6'8 C's who are uber-athletic and already the top player at their level while still possessing an enormous upside...



the lottery is the place to be NEXT year for any time looking to be set for the future!!!!!! (much like 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011)
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 3397
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would be surprised if Tayler Hill isn't the fourth or fifth selection if she plays the 2012-2013 season like she's been playing this year..



_________________
Quote:
EDD will not come in and dominate like some of you are thinking.
ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 4748



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barring any injury that puts them in another year's draft:

1st Round:
1. 6'8 C Brittney Griner, Baylor



2a. 6'5 F/C Delle Donne, Delaware
2b. 5'9 PG Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame







4. 5'11 SG Sugar Rodgers, Georgetown
5. 5'10 SG Tayler Hill, Ohio State


6. 5'9 PG A'dia Mathies, Kentucky
7. 5'7 PG Alex Bentley, Penn State
8. 6'3 F Tianna Hawkins, Maryland


9. 6'3 C Monique Oliver, Rutgers
10. 6'1 F Destiny Williams, Baylor
11. 6'1 W Taber Spani, Tennessee
12. 5'10 SG Kevi Luper, Oral Roberts


2nd Round (in no order):
5'10 SG Kelly Faris, UConn
6'1 F Drey Mingo, Purdue
6'4 C Kayla Alexander, Syracuse
5'10 SG Whitney Hand, Oklahoma
5'9 PG Kamiko Williams, Tennessee
6'1 F Brooklyn Pope, Baylor
6'0 W Jordan Madden, Baylor
5'11 SG Kimetria Hayden, Baylor
6'2 F Chelsey Lee, Rutgers
6'0 F Jasmine Dixon, UCLA
6'1 W Markel Walker, UCLA
5'10 SG Lindsay Moore, Nebraska
6'1 W Monique Reid, Louisville
6'3 C Asya Bussie, West Virginia
Angel Goodrich, Kansas
Carolyn Davis, Kansas
Nadirah McKenith, St. John's
Jaime Printy, Iowa
Karisma Penn, Illinois
Lindsay Moore Nebraska
Layshia Clarendon, Cal


Last edited by ucdt3 on 02/08/12 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martini Man



Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4399
Location: Canada


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Martini Man wrote:
braveniler58 wrote:
There's no way Diggins goes before Delle Donne does.


I was going to say that too. Diggins is great and all but Delle Donne is a future WNBA superstar.

One thing that may make Diggins go before Delle Donne though is the fact that everyone see's Diggins a lot more than Delle Donne. That fact alone may make Diggins go before her. No?


It will likely depend on the team selecting because...



5'10 PG's with All-Star potential/talent and phenomenal shooting, passing, and leadership skills are a dime-a-dozen...

...as are 6'5 F/C's with unlimited range and an unbelievable skill set...

...and 6'8 C's who are uber-athletic and already the top player at their level while still possessing an enormous upside...



the lottery is the place to be [b]NEXT year for any time looking to be set for the future!!!!!! [/b](much like 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011)


Tell me about it. Maybe my team will tank (not on purpose of course) this season now that we don't have Gruda, Jess Moore, Torrens, or AJZ playing for us and we'll get into the lottery next year!! If the Sun were somehow able to snag EDD or Diggins, by being a lottery team, I wouldn't particularly mind. I don't know if Griner would be a good fit for the Sun because we already have starting center Tina Charles, and while Griner does have a bit more of an upside to Charles, I don't see Mike Thibault wanting Griner and Charles together and he certainly won't degrade Charles to the bench in favor of starting Griner, and at the same time, you can't have Griner come off the bench for Charles. You'd have to start both of them, which I would do if we got Griner. Imagine a starting lineup of Charles, Griner, Montgomery, Greene and McCray or Lawson. Yikkes. I know having two starting centers is weird, but it could work. LOL. Tina could learn how to play PF but that would put Jones on the bench.

OMG I've had too many martini's on my day off Confused



_________________
Cheers Mate!!
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 12558
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kevi Luper would be an interesting fit, but I don't know how well she'd fit in with the New York fans. (We did sort of run Sidney Spencer out of town on a rail.)



_________________
"Take us seriously or with sass; wink as shiftily, or fear us as much, as you choose."
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 12144
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Kevi Luper would be an interesting fit, but I don't know how well she'd fit in with the New York fans. (We did sort of run Sidney Spencer out of town on a rail.)


Some might have Molly Creamer flashbacks ...


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 25977



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Barring any injury that puts them in another year's draft:

1st Round:
1. 6'8 C Brittney Griner, Baylor


2a. 6'5 F/C Delle Donne, Delaware
2b. 5'9 PG Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame



More like this....

1a. 6'8 C Brittney Griner, Baylor

1b. 6'5 F/C Delle Donne, Delaware






2. 5'9 PG Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame
bballfan2005



Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Posts: 25318
Location: Somewhere here and there


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Would be surprised if Tayler Hill isn't the fourth or fifth selection if she plays the 2012-2013 season like she's been playing this year..


It's too bad she's only a junior. She could be as high as 2nd this season.



_________________
Avatar: The King has his ring!

Mathies to LA 2013
blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 2606
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is the early favorite to be the 2014 first pick? Alyssa Thomas perhaps?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 25977



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Who is the early favorite to be the 2014 first pick? Alyssa Thomas perhaps?


Somebody already asked this, and it's kinda early to be talking about it, but I picked Chiney Ogwumike.
braveniler58



Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 10376
Location: Washington, DC / Gilbert, Arizona


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Barring any injury that puts them in another year's draft:

1st Round:
1. 6'8 C Brittney Griner, Baylor


2a. 6'5 F/C Delle Donne, Delaware
2b. 5'9 PG Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame



More like this....

1a. 6'8 C Brittney Griner, Baylor

1b. 6'5 F/C Delle Donne, Delaware






2. 5'9 PG Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame


Got to agree with this. Except Delle Donne isn't a center.



_________________
GO University of Connecticut Huskies, Arizona State University Sun Devils, University of Arizona Wildcats, Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury (2007 WNBA CHAMPIONS), and the New England Patriots!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 25977



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
Shades wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Barring any injury that puts them in another year's draft:

1st Round:
1. 6'8 C Brittney Griner, Baylor


2a. 6'5 F/C Delle Donne, Delaware
2b. 5'9 PG Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame



More like this....

1a. 6'8 C Brittney Griner, Baylor

1b. 6'5 F/C Delle Donne, Delaware






2. 5'9 PG Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame


Got to agree with this. Except Delle Donne isn't a center.


I just copy/pasted from ucdt3's post Smile
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 12558
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Kevi Luper would be an interesting fit, but I don't know how well she'd fit in with the New York fans. (We did sort of run Sidney Spencer out of town on a rail.)


Some might have Molly Creamer flashbacks ...


Luper at least seems to play defense.



_________________
"Take us seriously or with sass; wink as shiftily, or fear us as much, as you choose."
sammieee



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 480



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Who is the early favorite to be the 2014 first pick? Alyssa Thomas perhaps?


Too early to tell but Sims, Hartley, Ogwumike and Thomas.

I think I heard somewhere that Kelsey Bone won't be coming back for a 5th year...if so, she might be a 1st rounder.


dynasty0207



Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 2396



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sammieee wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Who is the early favorite to be the 2014 first pick? Alyssa Thomas perhaps?


Too early to tell but Sims, Hartley, Ogwumike and Thomas.

I think I heard somewhere that Kelsey Bone won't be coming back for a 5th year...if so, she might be a 1st rounder.


Kelsey would be in next year's draft? As in 2013?


GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 11882
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
sammieee wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Who is the early favorite to be the 2014 first pick? Alyssa Thomas perhaps?


Too early to tell but Sims, Hartley, Ogwumike and Thomas.

I think I heard somewhere that Kelsey Bone won't be coming back for a 5th year...if so, she might be a 1st rounder.


Kelsey would be in next year's draft? As in 2013?


If she doesn't play her 5th year she would be in the 2013 draft.



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
bballfan2005



Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Posts: 25318
Location: Somewhere here and there


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully the nonsense about Diggins leaving early will die down and she'll return to Notre Dame for her senior season because she's not ready to run a pro team. She can score at a pro level and can defend, but she's only 5-8 and not the most athletic guard in the world, so she should return to work on her bball smarts.



_________________
Avatar: The King has his ring!

Mathies to LA 2013
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 45203
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Hopefully the nonsense about Diggins leaving early will die down and she'll return to Notre Dame for her senior season because she's not ready to run a pro team. She can score at a pro level and can defend, but she's only 5-8 and not the most athletic guard in the world, so she should return to work on her bball smarts.


Diggins talks about the possibility of leaving early with Mowins and Antonelli on their ESPN podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7493553



_________________
Why do some people love sausages and other people hate sausages? No fuckin' reason.
dynasty0207



Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 2396



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Hopefully the nonsense about Diggins leaving early will die down and she'll return to Notre Dame for her senior season because she's not ready to run a pro team. She can score at a pro level and can defend, but she's only 5-8 and not the most athletic guard in the world, so she should return to work on her bball smarts.


Diggins talks about the possibility of leaving early with Mowins and Antonelli on their ESPN podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7493553


I don't have the time to listen. What does she say in summary?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 25977



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/12 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Hopefully the nonsense about Diggins leaving early will die down and she'll return to Notre Dame for her senior season because she's not ready to run a pro team. She can score at a pro level and can defend, but she's only 5-8 and not the most athletic guard in the world, so she should return to work on her bball smarts.


Diggins talks about the possibility of leaving early with Mowins and Antonelli on their ESPN podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7493553


I don't have the time to listen. What does she say in summary?


She hasn't thought about it enough. She doesn't think McGraw will let her leave. Everything she said leaned her NOT coming out early.

I think the only possibilty of Diggins coming out might be if UND wins a National Championship. Then she would have less "unfinished business".
GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 11882
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/12 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Hopefully the nonsense about Diggins leaving early will die down and she'll return to Notre Dame for her senior season because she's not ready to run a pro team. She can score at a pro level and can defend, but she's only 5-8 and not the most athletic guard in the world, so she should return to work on her bball smarts.


Diggins talks about the possibility of leaving early with Mowins and Antonelli on their ESPN podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7493553


I don't have the time to listen. What does she say in summary?


She hasn't thought about it enough. She doesn't think McGraw will let her leave. Everything she said leaned her NOT coming out early.

I think the only possibilty of Diggins coming out might be if UND wins a National Championship. Then she would have less "unfinished business".


What does she mean by McGraw won't let her leave? The coach can't really keep them at the school, the only thing I could think of is take her scholarship away so she can't finish her degree. Or am I missing something, is there something else that can be done?



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 25977



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/12 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Shades wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Hopefully the nonsense about Diggins leaving early will die down and she'll return to Notre Dame for her senior season because she's not ready to run a pro team. She can score at a pro level and can defend, but she's only 5-8 and not the most athletic guard in the world, so she should return to work on her bball smarts.


Diggins talks about the possibility of leaving early with Mowins and Antonelli on their ESPN podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7493553


I don't have the time to listen. What does she say in summary?


She hasn't thought about it enough. She doesn't think McGraw will let her leave. Everything she said leaned her NOT coming out early.

I think the only possibilty of Diggins coming out might be if UND wins a National Championship. Then she would have less "unfinished business".


What does she mean by McGraw won't let her leave? The coach can't really keep them at the school, the only thing I could think of is take her scholarship away so she can't finish her degree. Or am I missing something, is there something else that can be done?


She didn't mean it serously
GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 11882
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/12 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Shades wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Hopefully the nonsense about Diggins leaving early will die down and she'll return to Notre Dame for her senior season because she's not ready to run a pro team. She can score at a pro level and can defend, but she's only 5-8 and not the most athletic guard in the world, so she should return to work on her bball smarts.


Diggins talks about the possibility of leaving early with Mowins and Antonelli on their ESPN podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7493553


I don't have the time to listen. What does she say in summary?


She hasn't thought about it enough. She doesn't think McGraw will let her leave. Everything she said leaned her NOT coming out early.

I think the only possibilty of Diggins coming out might be if UND wins a National Championship. Then she would have less "unfinished business".


What does she mean by McGraw won't let her leave? The coach can't really keep them at the school, the only thing I could think of is take her scholarship away so she can't finish her degree. Or am I missing something, is there something else that can be done?


She didn't mean it serously


Oh lol, thanks for clearing that up. Embarassed



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
bridgehere



Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 4729



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/12 2:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Barring any injury that puts them in another year's draft:

1st Round:
1. 6'8 C Brittney Griner, Baylor



2a. 6'5 F/C Delle Donne, Delaware
2b. 5'9 PG Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame








4. 5'11 SG Sugar Rodgers, Georgetown
5. 5'9 PG A'dia Mathies, Kentucky


6. 5'10 SG Tayler Hill, Ohio State
7. 6'1 W Keisha Hampton, DePaul
8. 5'7 PG Alex Bentley, Penn State
9. 6'3 F Tianna Hawkins, Maryland
10. 6'1 F Destiny Williams, Baylor
11. 6'1 W Taber Spani, Tennessee
12. 5'10 SG Kevi Luper, Oral Roberts

2nd Round (in no order):
5'10 SG Kelly Faris, UConn
6'1 F Drey Mingo, Purdue
6'4 C Kayla Alexander, Syracuse
5'10 SG Whitney Hand, Oklahoma
5'9 PG Kamiko Williams, Tennessee
6'3 C Monique Oliver, Rutgers
6'1 F Brooklyn Pope, Baylor
6'0 W Jordan Madden, Baylor
5'11 SG Kimetria Hayden, Baylor
6'2 F Chelsey Lee, Rutgers
6'0 F Jasmine Dixon, UCLA
6'1 W Markel Walker, UCLA
5'10 SG Lindsay Moore, Nebraska
6'1 W Monique Reid, Louisville
6'3 C Asya Bussie, West Virginia
Angel Goodrich, Kansas
Carolyn Davis, Kansas
Nadirah McKenith, St. John's
Jaime Printy, Iowa
Karisma Penn, Illinois
Lindsay Moore Nebraska
Layshia Clarendon, Cal


Don't know enough about some of the players but I see Jo McFarland being a second round pick. Rebounds, shoots the three, shoots free throws, and plays smart.


Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3437
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/12 3:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Hopefully the nonsense about Diggins leaving early will die down and she'll return to Notre Dame for her senior season because she's not ready to run a pro team. She can score at a pro level and can defend, but she's only 5-8 and not the most athletic guard in the world, so she should return to work on her bball smarts.


Diggins talks about the possibility of leaving early with Mowins and Antonelli on their ESPN podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7493553


I don't have the time to listen. What does she say in summary?


She hasn't thought about it enough. She doesn't think McGraw will let her leave. Everything she said leaned her NOT coming out early.

I think the only possibilty of Diggins coming out might be if UND wins a National Championship. Then she would have less "unfinished business".


Im rooting for ND to win it all this year!! Come out early, Digs!! We can draft you and maybe sign Wiggy!!



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 3397
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/12 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Would be surprised if Tayler Hill isn't the fourth or fifth selection if she plays the 2012-2013 season like she's been playing this year..


It's too bad she's only a junior. She could be as high as 2nd this season.


Would you take Hill over Shenise?



_________________
Quote:
EDD will not come in and dominate like some of you are thinking.
GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 11882
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/12 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Shades wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Hopefully the nonsense about Diggins leaving early will die down and she'll return to Notre Dame for her senior season because she's not ready to run a pro team. She can score at a pro level and can defend, but she's only 5-8 and not the most athletic guard in the world, so she should return to work on her bball smarts.


Diggins talks about the possibility of leaving early with Mowins and Antonelli on their ESPN podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7493553


I don't have the time to listen. What does she say in summary?


She hasn't thought about it enough. She doesn't think McGraw will let her leave. Everything she said leaned her NOT coming out early.

I think the only possibilty of Diggins coming out might be if UND wins a National Championship. Then she would have less "unfinished business".


Im rooting for ND to win it all this year!! Come out early, Digs!! We can draft you and maybe sign Wiggy!!


So you think she is worth the #1 overall pick?



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
bballfan2005



Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Posts: 25318
Location: Somewhere here and there


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/12 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Would be surprised if Tayler Hill isn't the fourth or fifth selection if she plays the 2012-2013 season like she's been playing this year..


It's too bad she's only a junior. She could be as high as 2nd this season.


Would you take Hill over Shenise?


Right now, yes. I think Shenise is a tad bit overrated while Hill is underrated. Need to see more of Hill against the better conferences, though.



_________________
Avatar: The King has his ring!

Mathies to LA 2013
BGfangirl



Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 565



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/26/12 5:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could someone explain the rules about how players are able to leave early? Is Skylar 21?



_________________
There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality. And then there are those who turn one into the other.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 25977



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/26/12 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BGfangirl wrote:
Could someone explain the rules about how players are able to leave early? Is Skylar 21?


http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=65036&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=151
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 25977



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's 2013 Draft talk from 2 years ago
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=55577#774786
dynasty0207



Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 2396



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking more like Phoenix will have Griner or Delle Donne next season.


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 4748



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
Looking more like Phoenix will have Griner or Delle Donne next season.


Sounds good to me Laughing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I can suffer through one down year for that Wink
dynasty0207



Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 2396



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
Looking more like Phoenix will have Griner or Delle Donne next season.


Sounds good to me Laughing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I can suffer through one down year for that Wink


I'd say right now the 4 potential lottery teams are:

Tulsa
Washington
Phoenix
Indiana


OldGoat



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 307
Location: overland park


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with Was and Tul in the lottery. Torn between Phx and SA in the west. The east is so close--I suspect injuries will make the determination from first to fifth.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 1775
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe that draftsite.com has a monkey in a room picking names out of a hat! Any mock draft that has Mighty Mouse from Kansas listed ahead of Tayler Hill is involved in some monkey business. Rolling Eyes



_________________
If it bleeds... we can kill it.

We will do what we do every night; Try to take over the WORLD!
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 1775
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The top players in the 2013 draft are

Griner
Delle Donne
Diggans
Hill
Poppens
Davis

The only way the above players are not the top six players in the 2013 draft will because of injury or if their production take a nosedive next season.



_________________
If it bleeds... we can kill it.

We will do what we do every night; Try to take over the WORLD!
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 13567



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OldGoat wrote:
I agree with Was and Tul in the lottery. Torn between Phx and SA in the west. The east is so close--I suspect injuries will make the determination from first to fifth.


Agreed. The second lottery team in the East could be just about any of them.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 8301



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm wondering if the Sparks are waiting to re-sign Penichiero based on Diggins' decision.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!
dynasty0207



Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 2396



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm wondering if the Sparks are waiting to re-sign Penichiero based on Diggins' decision.


Even if Diggins did declare, I'm sure the Sparks would still want Ticha.


bballfan2005



Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Posts: 25318
Location: Somewhere here and there


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm wondering if the Sparks are waiting to re-sign Penichiero based on Diggins' decision.


Why? Ticha is still a much better floor general than Diggins. Diggins is a great college scoring PG, but she's not ready to lead a pro team--unless it's Tulsa or some crap team like that.



_________________
Avatar: The King has his ring!

Mathies to LA 2013
p_d_swanson



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 8876



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/12 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm wondering if the Sparks are waiting to re-sign Penichiero based on Diggins' decision.

Perhaps they're not the side waiting...


sammieee



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 480



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/12 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The top players in the 2013 draft are

Griner
Delle Donne
Diggans
Hill
Poppens
Davis

The only way the above players are not the top six players in the 2013 draft will because of injury or if their production take a nosedive next season.


Haven't seen Poppens that many times, but from what I've seen I would certainly take A'dia Mathis over her. Not a huge Sugar Rodgers fan, but she should be in the conversation as well.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin