RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chamique...and Slovy/Blue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/18/05 5:07 pm    ::: Chamique...and Slovy/Blue Reply Reply with quote

SonofOovy reported on the other board that Chamique Holdsclaw is demanding a trade out of DC.

While VeProf fully believes it, Slovy and Bluewolf posted their messages...and they were edited by SonofSlovy and SonofaBlue. ROFLMAO!

Thread begins here:
http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/message?forumID=766&byThread=false&messageID=5709650

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/18/05 5:16 pm    ::: Re: Chamique...and Slovy/Blue Reply Reply with quote

SonofaBlue!
LMAO!!
I hadn't seen that yet.

poor VeProf...He'll be really bummed if she isn't in DC.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 01/18/05 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SonofSam...I mean Cam

LOL.....

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/18/05 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this the part where I say: I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO???

PostPosted: 01/18/05 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Is this the part where I say: I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO???

Based on the say-so of SonOfOovy? I think not. Besides, the Mystics won't trade her to an East team.

PostPosted: 01/18/05 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I think the Toronto Raptors scenario will play out in DC. Get rid of a problem child and bet all your chips on a promising 2nd-year player.
I don't think NYque will have stronger suitors than NY.
Sac doesn't need her. Seattle can't afford her. LA will try to include Whitmore and Dixon in the package and also steal a draft pick from the Mystakes.
As much as they don't want to trade her to an East team, they might not even find a team that wants her. I repeat, the Raptors traded Vince Carter to a same division team and that will happen with NYque as well.

PostPosted: 01/18/05 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle don't need Claw. They've got the best 4 in the league!
pilight

PostPosted: 01/18/05 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Merc and/or the Lynx could make a move. The Lynx are probably in a better spot than anyone to deal. They could put up some combination of Hayden, Williams, Abrosimova, and Darling along with their first round pick.

The Lib don't really have that much to give, especially to the Mystics. None of what NY has is what Washington needs.

PostPosted: 01/18/05 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm, I would have to disagree. Phoenix might be the strongest suitor out West, but the Mystics could use any combination of one of our 3s plus a post player of their liking since they are losing their 4.
What is key, I think, is whether or not Mique will point to NY and whether Pat will concede.

PostPosted: 01/18/05 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, the Lynx didn't want to give up Williams to get Whalen, so I find it rather unlikely that they will to get Holdclaw. Abrosimova isn't what the Mystics need by any means. Darling has been awful and they'll probably need her if T-Edwards retire. They have something to build around there, they won't break it up. I still think NY it is.

PostPosted: 01/18/05 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Hmmm, I would have to disagree. Phoenix might be the strongest suitor out West, but the Mystics could use any combination of one of our 3s plus a post player of their liking since they are losing their 4.

What post player? The Lib don't have any post players. Baranova isn't a post. Donaphin isn't a player. Might-Show Wauters? Laughing You think they're gonna deal an All-Star for La'Keshia Frett?

Quote:
the Lynx didn't want to give up Williams to get Whalen, so I find it rather unlikely that they will to get Holdclaw. Abrosimova isn't what the Mystics need by any means.

Abrosimova is as much what they need as Robinson/Christon. She's not as good as Robinson, but the Lynx have dramatically better post players to put with her.

As for T-Will, Whalen ain't The Claw by any stretch of the imagination. Besides, the Lynx young posts turned out good and Williams didn't have a good year.

PostPosted: 01/18/05 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Whalen would mean a lot more to Minny than Holdsclaw and that has nothing to do with her being as good a player.
Baranova is a post player as much as LJ is a post player, but she's not going anywhere. I don't think Minny will break up what they have going on there and a post player isn't a pressing need as much as a starting PG and a wing.
Phoenix I can see trying to work something out. They can deal with the loss of DeForge if that means getting a rebouding force and what does DeForge contribute other than scoring anyway?
All I'm saying is that NY can make it work, even if the deal isn't the best for DC. As I said, the Mystics might have to take whatever is on the table or let Mique walk for nothing in 2006.

PostPosted: 01/18/05 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
They can deal with the loss of DeForge if that means getting a rebouding force and what does DeForge contribute other than scoring anyway?

* Solid playmaker (3.1 assists a game)

* A veteran presence

* In good condition (unlike Claw)

There's too many question marks around Claw for my liking.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/18/05 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holdsclaw is injury-prone, but I don't think she's damaged goods.
What's DeForge's A/TO ratio?
Holdsclaw is a veteran with a wealth of experience greater than DeForge, including more W time.
If Taurasi can take over the PG reigns, if Stepanova is back, the Merc has a top 3 starting 5. But then again, chemistry is everything (especially with so many "IFs").
We'll see how that one plays out. Poor Mique is overseas and has no idea we know what she did last summer Wink

PostPosted: 01/18/05 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They won't ever have to let her walk for nothing. They can designate her as a core player every year if they want.

Don't kid yourself, every team in the league will at least make an inquiry if Claw goes on the market.

As for DeForge, her 2004 ATO was 1.6, her career ATO is 1.5.

PostPosted: 01/18/05 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They can core her if she's unrestricted?
That way some players will never be free agents!

PostPosted: 01/18/05 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Yes, they can. See Article VI, Section 7 of the CBA. Nobody ever said this was a good deal for the players.

As I understand it, if she refuses to sign and sits out a year then the team no longer has the right to core her and she would become a UFA. That's a drastic measure, and an unlikely one.

PostPosted: 01/18/05 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Yup. The burden of being a star player.

However if they core you against your will and you really don't want to play, you can sit out the year and become a unrestricted free agent the year after.
Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 01/18/05 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Merc and/or the Lynx could make a move. The Lynx are probably in a better spot than anyone to deal. They could put up some combination of Hayden, Williams, Abrosimova, and Darling along with their first round pick.

The Lib don't really have that much to give, especially to the Mystics. None of what NY has is what Washington needs.

yeah the only teams imo that have a packages i would entertain is minny and Cha,the Key being a Center.you build both deals around Hayden
and TSB.while Cha is in the east,you could put together a fine mystics team after a trade.the question would be could we live with meek in the east?

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 01/18/05 10:29 pm    ::: Lynx shouldn't and won't Reply Reply with quote

Mysticwiz wrote:
pilight wrote:
The Lynx are probably in a better spot than anyone to deal. They could put up some combination of Hayden, Williams, Abrosimova, and Darling along with their first round pick.

yeah the only teams imo that have a packages i would entertain is minny and Cha,the Key being a Center.you build both deals around Hayden
and TSB.

Why the Lynx shouldn't: we need a 1. Boy, do we need a 1. We don't need a 4, especially not a 4 who will want the team rebuilt around her and who will compete with Ohlde, Williams and Hayden for PT.

Why the Lynx won't: first, they took enough heat for the Whalen non-trade: they're not going to make a splashy high-risk trade now that won't even help attendance. Second, Suzie values team chemistry almost above all else: I can't think of a move more disruptive or dangerous to it than trading multiple players for the Claw.

I am not at all opposed to trading away Svet or Darling, or even Tamika, for a really good point guard, but this sort of deal would be folly. (And, realistically, I'm afraid Darling's with the Lynx for as long as she wants to be: maybe she'll be much faster when she comes back.)

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 01/19/05 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pilight! You don't think the Libs could deal Frett & Christon for Holdsclaw?? Hell, Frett, Christon AND a draft pick for Mique. Of course, if I were to be COMPLETELY unfair, I'd send Thorn, Sharp, Bethany and why not, Frett over to DC, but since that ain't happening... Wink

I think Frett & Christon for Holdsclaw (and a 2nd pick) is fair.

pilight wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

What post player? The Lib don't have any post players. Baranova isn't a post. Donaphin isn't a player. Might-Show Wauters? Laughing You think they're gonna deal an All-Star for La'Keshia Frett?

Quote:
the Lynx didn't want to give up Williams to get Whalen, so I find it rather unlikely that they will to get Holdclaw. Abrosimova isn't what the Mystics need by any means.

Abrosimova is as much what they need as Robinson/Christon. She's not as good as Robinson, but the Lynx have dramatically better post players to put with her.

As for T-Will, Whalen ain't The Claw by any stretch of the imagination. Besides, the Lynx young posts turned out good and Williams didn't have a good year.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 01/19/05 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the Lynx won't get Harrower to come back into the fold? She had a great game at the Olympics and while she is a shorty, she can get the job done at this level, IMO.

I think it would be an unfortunate thing to break up Williams, Ohlde and Hayden at this point. I think there is some very exciting basketball on the inside to be played with those three. I actually don't think any other team could match up with them, if SMS goes with the Twin Towers.

And if Donovan gets serious about playing Jackson, Vodichkiva and Burse all at the same time and the Comets get a young power forward, moving Thompson to the 3 and Swoopes to the 2-guard, I can see some excellent basketball coming to the WNBA...guts and power inside like we have not seen in years previous.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/19/05 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I posted on the other board too:

My question is with Mique's character:

1. Would she really diss DC after they did her right last season?

2. If she's pressure sensitive, and DC is too bad, NY????? Ask Randy Johnson.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/19/05 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why do they need Harrower when they have Darling? The two have virtually identical games.

PostPosted: 01/19/05 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, there's pressure in NY, but Mique is NO stranger to NYC, nor playing in NYC. Christ The King is THE basketball high school in the city. I think she can handle NY being she's not a stranger in a strange land.

Randy Johnson IS a stranger to NY. He's never been here more than a few days at a time.

dtsnms wrote:
As I posted on the other board too:

My question is with Mique's character:

1. Would she really diss DC after they did her right last season?

2. If she's pressure sensitive, and DC is too bad, NY????? Ask Randy Johnson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: