RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Roger Federer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 09/12/05 9:31 am    ::: Roger Federer Reply Reply with quote

He has got to be the toughest mentally out there today. And I mean in the whole world of sports. The way he manhandled former Grand Slam champions like Agassi and Hewitt was nothing short of amazing. He makes tennis look so easy to play that even deadbeats like myself think we can play like that lol...
He got my parents hooked up and that's something, since all they can watch is soccer and sometimes volleyball. I've become a major fan of his game.

PostPosted: 09/12/05 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, he is incredible.
You're right about him making it look so easy. It's unbelievable.
Thank goodness for Roger... can you imagine how painful it would be if Lleyton was winning grand slams?
*shudders at the thought*

Federer is just on a whole other level to everyone else right now.

PostPosted: 09/12/05 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

agreed -- it is amazing to watch. there were times last week when he looked less good than he usually is -- he has two backhands, a slice and a topspin, and there were times when the topspin backhand was completely malfunctioning.

and yet... even when he's not playing his best... he's still better than the next best player by a good stretch.

with this title, he ties Becker and Edberg on the singles title list. one more, he ties McEnroe. two more, he ties Rosewall, Lendl, Conners, and Agassi.

it's nuts.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/12/05 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching Federer is like watching a "How to play tennis" video, except he does it at full speed.

PostPosted: 09/12/05 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yesterday he looked human in the 2nd set and I thought he could lose if Agassi managed to carry the momentum to the 3rd, which he actually did, but then Federer destroyed him in the tie-break.
He still has a long way to go to tie Pete Sampras or Rod Laver, but I think if he continues to play like that, that'll eventually happen. Guy has lost only 3 games this year, 9 overall in the last couple of years, not to mention 23 straight wins in finals. Absolutely unbelievable.

PostPosted: 09/12/05 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Yesterday he looked human in the 2nd set and I thought he could lose if Agassi managed to carry the momentum to the 3rd, which he actually did, but then Federer destroyed him in the tie-break.
He still has a long way to go to tie Pete Sampras or Rod Laver, but I think if he continues to play like that, that'll eventually happen. Guy has lost only 3 games this year, 9 overall in the last couple of years, not to mention 23 straight wins in finals. Absolutely unbelievable.

Sets? Matches?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/13/05 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Sets? Matches?

Matches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: