RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tangela Smith

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/17/05 11:13 am    ::: Tangela Smith Reply Reply with quote

Clearly the prize of the 05 Free Agent list in terms of skill and movability. I think that there are a few teams that will be doing themselves a disservice if they do not offer the max to her.

Houston - another way they can move Tina to the 3 and Sheryl to the 2, and this way they don't even have to make a trade. Consider resigning Tiff or Van Gorp, give Sheila Lambert another year at the point, and draft an 2 guard with the #5 pick.

Charlotte - They desperately need a PF, and Tan can compliment TSB well in that she can play high and leave TSB down low. I still feel they should start Powell at the 3 and Feaster at the 2. I love Stint, but this team needs to move forward, and sometimes you have to cut ties, this is a business, although it would likely hurt (and be REALLY weird) to see Stint anywhere else. This team could have a starting lineup set easy with Tynesha, Mazz, and Teanna Miller playing key backup roles, and this hasn't even mentioned the first pick in the draft (a post would be good), and let OSR with her big contract go.

Phoenix - While she isn't exactly the big post they need, Tang may want to stay in the West and play in an atmosphere similar to Sacramento with the hard core fans and hugely supportive ownership. Tang would have to suck it up and play a lot more downlow, but could move out a little bit with Plennette on offense, and guard the other team's center on defense. I wouldn't be able to argue with a lineup of DT, Anna, Penny, Plennette, and Tangela. However, this could be short term for someone on that list because each of those players will be asking for a pretty penny soon with their individual successes.

New York - Needs a viable 4 badly. They really aren't missing that many pieces, unless you really do not think Hammon can run the point of a championship team (which I am in that boat) but another issue would be that neither Tan nor Elena is exactly known for banging, and I feel Tangela would be the one to lose out at suck it up and be more of a post.

Connecticutt - Tangela would be an interesting addition here in that she would seemingly give the Sun a whole new look at the 4. While she wouldn't be moving Taj out of the 5 spot, it would give them a 4 who commands respect, instead of seemingly has to earn it over and over with Palmer. Tangela makes them taller, and while not necessarily more inside oriented, she is an upgrade over Palmer in all the things that she does well. Tangela has a nicer shot with the same or longer range, can rebound, and does a very good job downlow when she's down there. She has good moves and could possibly push Connecticutt back to the Championship.

Indiana - They could just use another proven good player, really badly.

There is no real need for Tangela in Sac because of Brunson; Minn because of Ohlde, Hayden, Williams; No way she would go to LA; Seattle because of LJ, Vod, and Burse; Wash because of Mique; Detroit because she won't be a backup; and I just don't see her working out or wanting to go to SASS.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: