RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I Just Got a GREAT New Disc!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/08/05 10:01 am    ::: I Just Got a GREAT New Disc!!!!!!!! Reply Reply with quote

AWESOME!

Herbie Hancock's Possibilities.

It's similar to the last few Santana albums in that it has collaborations with all different artists. Artists include John Mayer, Santana, Trey Anastasio, Sting, ANnie Lennox, Christina Aguilera, Joss Stone, Johnny Lang, Raul Midion and Stevie Wonder, and Paul Siimon.

I HIGHLY recommend. The Aguilera/Hancock version of A Song For You (the old Carpenters song) is done torch style and needs to be heard to believe. Joss Stone and Johnny Lang help do When Love Comes to Town and also is great.

BEST ALBUM BY A JAZZ GENIUS IN YEARS!!!!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/08/05 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any ABBA samples in it?

PostPosted: 09/08/05 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Any ABBA samples in it?

I Just Called To Say I Love You isn't gay enough? Shocked

KatValeska

PostPosted: 09/08/05 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds intriguing - Carlos and Stevie Wonder are enough to sell me -you may have just earned a sale.

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 09/08/05 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I HIGHLY recommend. The Aguilera/Hancock version of A Song For You (the old Carpenters song) is done torch style and needs to be heard to believe

my sincerest apologies to Leon Russell, I`m sorry that your masterpiece was called "the old Carpenters song"

PostPosted: 09/08/05 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
Quote:
I HIGHLY recommend. The Aguilera/Hancock version of A Song For You (the old Carpenters song) is done torch style and needs to be heard to believe

my sincerest apologies to Leon Russell, I`m sorry that your masterpiece was called "the old Carpenters song"

not as many people know Leon Russell I assumed.

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 09/08/05 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
not as many people know Leon Russell I assumed.

Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad , but probably very true Question

I`m a big Leon Russell fan , had to give him his props

PostPosted: 09/08/05 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was already sold at the mention of Mayer, but after checking out the site and watching the "Making Of" featurette....I think I have to get it today. Hearing Aguilera, Santana, Lang & Stone....this album sounds great! Most of the artists were previewed on the featurette, Lennox wasn't, so I was kind of disappointed not getting a clip of her.

http://www.herbiehancock.com/

Thanks for the tip. I asked my dad about it (he's in the music biz), to see if he had it so that I could listen to it, and he hadn't even heard about it yet. Which I guess isn't too surprising, it's not something that today's high school kids are gonna be listening to. I'll have to pass on the tip, one of my good friends is a jazz singer and I know she'll love it as well.

There was mention of a dvd release later, that should be cool.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/08/05 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MamaBristow wrote:
I was already sold at the mention of Mayer, but after checking out the site and watching the "Making Of" featurette....I think I have to get it today. Hearing Aguilera, Santana, Lang & Stone....this album sounds great! Most of the artists were previewed on the featurette, Lennox wasn't, so I was kind of disappointed not getting a clip of her.

http://www.herbiehancock.com/

Thanks for the tip. I asked my dad about it (he's in the music biz), to see if he had it so that I could listen to it, and he hadn't even heard about it yet. Which I guess isn't too surprising, it's not something that today's high school kids are gonna be listening to. I'll have to pass on the tip, one of my good friends is a jazz singer and I know she'll love it as well.

There was mention of a dvd release later, that should be cool.

Enjoy! The DVD does sound cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: