RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

So NBA and NBPA, Where Does It End?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/05/11 2:58 pm    ::: So NBA and NBPA, Where Does It End? Reply Reply with quote

Dear NBA and NBPA,
Seems to me you guys are fighting over something that is not promised to either of you. You're fighting over how to divide future revenue when you're really upsetting the people you're supposed to be getting that future revenue from. So you think we fans love your product so much that we don't care how you treat us as insignificant teller machines, one which you can siphon whenever and however you want. Well unfortunately there is a significant number of us who will continue to put up with your prima donna, money mongering but eventually the rest of us will get p.o.'d enough to look elsewhere for our sports entertainment. Not to mention the collateral damage incurred by the other employees and businesses who depend on the season for their livelihood. So while you continue this childish pissing contest, remember what happened with hockey and baseball. Hopefully their lessons of decreased revenue and long road back won't be lost on you.

Sincerely,
Just another concerned fan
GEF34

PostPosted: 10/05/11 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I disagree with your statement to an extent, because basketball is a popular sport everywhere and there are always going to be young boys striving to get to the NBA and as long as they want to get to the NBA they are going to follow the NBA and they aren't going to care about this lock out thing, because as soon as the NBA is back on they will be back in front of the TV, in the arenas wearing their favorite basketball players jersey. I agree that it may lose the older views, by older I mean out of college, but at long as young boys, college men are striving to get to the NBA the NBA will just repopulate the lost fans from this lock out with the younger up and coming fans.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/05/11 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
I disagree with your statement to an extent, because basketball is a popular sport everywhere and there are always going to be young boys striving to get to the NBA and as long as they want to get to the NBA they are going to follow the NBA and they aren't going to care about this lock out thing, because as soon as the NBA is back on they will be back in front of the TV, in the arenas wearing their favorite basketball players jersey. I agree that it may lose the older views, by older I mean out of college, but at long as young boys, college men are striving to get to the NBA the NBA will just repopulate the lost fans from this lock out with the younger up and coming fans.

I mentioned that in my post:

Quote:
"Well unfortunately there is a significant number of us who will continue to put up with your prima donna, money mongering.."

I agree there will always be those that follow the league religiously. But everyone's not a diehard. So if the NBA and NBPA keep this up for too long the huge chunk of money they are fighting over should start to shrink.
GEF34

PostPosted: 10/05/11 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

Quote:
"Well unfortunately there is a significant number of us who will continue to put up with your prima donna, money mongering.."

I agree there will always be those that follow the league religiously. But everyone's not a diehard. So if the NBA and NBPA keep this up for too long the huge chunk of money they are fighting over should start to shrink.

But I'm not talking about the diehard fans, I'm talking about the actually people who have a dream of playing in the NBA and will watch it because that is their goal to play in it. The diehard fans can all leave, but as long as the NBA has young boys who want to play in the NBA they will have a following and it will grow because of that.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/06/11 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

Quote:

But I'm not talking about the diehard fans, I'm talking about the actually people who have a dream of playing in the NBA and will watch it because that is their goal to play in it. The diehard fans can all leave, but as long as the NBA has young boys who want to play in the NBA they will have a following and it will grow because of that.

Well the problem with that is if a number of the diehards and casual fans leave, it will make the NBA less profitable and less viable as a destination for basketball hopefuls. Foreign teams may become more prevalent if that were to happen. I know what I saying is most likely worst-case scenario and it most likely won't happen. My original point was that fighting over billions like kids wanting the biggest piece of pie without regard to whoever else gets hurt in the process instead of just sharing responsibly and equitably is just childish and selfish.
jaye

PostPosted: 10/08/11 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

those millions of fans sitting in those arena's aren't boys hoping to be nba players... they're average working folk...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: