RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Venus Williams in action...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flojojr2007

PostPosted: 09/05/05 9:48 pm    ::: Venus Williams in action... Reply Reply with quote

Tomorrow on the USA network at 7pm et against Kim Clijsters!!!! Very Happy Should be a good one so check it out!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

GO VENUS!!!!

bullsky

PostPosted: 09/05/05 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim has been playing well this summer. I think Kim will win. But Venus could put up a good fight. I'm looking forward to the Maria Sharapova match Laughing

PostPosted: 09/05/05 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim has been playing well but at the same time Venus has too! Venus missed a few tournys because she had the flu but she seems to be getting better every match (the one against Serena was ugly but she was still able to pull it out). A lot of peeps are picking Kim because of her summer but through out the summer she didn't play Davenport, Sharaprova, Serena or a healthy and well rested Venus. It should be a good one though. I wonder if Venus is gonna wear the Jewelry tomorrow? She didn't get rid of it til the semis in Wimby! Laughing Laughing Laughing

bullsky

PostPosted: 09/05/05 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want Lindsay to win this tourney. Shes almost at the end of her career. And that loss to Venus at Wimbledon broke my heart. I hope she wins this on a good note to go off on!

Oh, how about Mary Pierce beating up on Justine tonight? Damn! Mary is playing well too. This has been the year of the elder ladies in the tennis world Razz

PostPosted: 09/05/05 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Venus & Serena play each other, they usually don't have a good match. It's usually very sloppy. I can imagine how hard it would be to play your sibling and hopefully they can improve their seedings so they won't meet each other unless it's the finals.

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 09/05/05 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I wouldn't mind Davenport winning, unless Venus was playing her! Laughing Pierce has been playing well but in the big matches later in the tourny she seems to struggle a bit. I hope she beats Amelie tho and plays Davenport! I wouldn't know who to root for. Personally, I really can't stand Sharaprova but she is a good player.

In order for their rankings to change, they will need to get and stay healthy so that they can play more and give themselves an opportunity to win. Venus's hard work to make it back is definitely showing. I love both the sisters but it does frustrate me to see Serena at parties or hangign out when she could be getting better. Venus just seems like she wants it a lot more than Serena right now. Serena needs to focus on getting healthy and then staying in shape. Serena has a lot of work to do but I think that her getting knocked out early in two majors is going to open her eyes. I mean, after Wimby it was obvious that she worked harder because she looked like she was in better shape.

Swoopes_O'grady

PostPosted: 09/05/05 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007 wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't mind Davenport winning, unless Venus was playing her! Laughing Pierce has been playing well but in the big matches later in the tourny she seems to struggle a bit. I hope she beats Amelie tho and plays Davenport! I wouldn't know who to root for. Personally, I really can't stand Sharaprova but she is a good player.

In order for their rankings to change, they will need to get and stay healthy so that they can play more and give themselves an opportunity to win. Venus's hard work to make it back is definitely showing. I love both the sisters but it does frustrate me to see Serena at parties or hangign out when she could be getting better. Venus just seems like she wants it a lot more than Serena right now. Serena needs to focus on getting healthy and then staying in shape. Serena has a lot of work to do but I think that her getting knocked out early in two majors is going to open her eyes. I mean, after Wimby it was obvious that she worked harder because she looked like she was in better shape.

I agree. Serena did look much better but Venus is playing better & in better shape at this point. Like you said, hopefully Serena can continue to get to where she was before because she was unbelievable. Don't know if she has the determination because of her outgoing personality. You can tell she's more into partying/having fun than Venus. Venus looks more mature/determined to me at this point. Hope she beats Sharapova!

PostPosted: 09/05/05 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 09/05/05 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When did she shoot that? LOL! She's facing Kim first and if she wins then she will most likely face Maria in the semis!!! I can't wait!

BCBG25

PostPosted: 09/05/05 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Area 51, anyone?

PostPosted: 09/06/05 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Venus! I hope she wins it! Very Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: