RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LPGA Navastar Classic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/15/11 12:15 pm    ::: LPGA Navastar Classic Reply Reply with quote

Prattsville, AL.

This is a success story in terms of sponsors. Navistar is a truck manufacturer. Who'd have thought a truck manufacturer would be successful as an LPGA sponsor. As near as I can tell they use this week to do business, plant tours and entertain their customers and potential customers. I saw where they actually brought on a huge new customer through this event. This event just keeps growing.

Horses for courses. 16 year old Lexi Thompson played in the last group tied for the lead last year here. She's got a one shot early lead here today with a few holes left to play. Apparently it's forgiving off the tee and Thompson hits it big. Short irons and putts; still have to make those putts.

Ryann O'Toole continues to stink it up. She's +2 on the back nine. Solheim Cup next week. Another missed cut could curtail her chances of getting many match starts next week. Vicky Hurst, the other Captain's pick seems to have recovered a bit from the shock, but still nothing to write home about. As far as who is playing well, USA has been playing well at the top and Europe has been playing well at the bottom.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/15/11 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I forgot the best part from Navistar this year. Tickets are free. Navistar is putting up the money, and they are asking for donations to the Wounded Warriors Project. I don't recall anyone every buying all the tickets to a sporting event before.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/15/11 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tiffany Joh, a great rookie American player.
She is becoming famous on tour for her video blogs.

Check these out.

She beats it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crWyBlOz5RM&feature=related

We Love Paige:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxXhEGyOy8&feature=related

Laughing , I don't know to take this serious or not. My gaydar is rather weak

Duramed Song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWOY9o_HBPg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

This song is about life in the cheap seats, the LPGA futures tour. I like the line about turning your dirty underwear inside out. That's something a guy would do.

Great stuff Miss Joh.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/17/11 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well here we go, 16 year old Lexi Thompson leads by two on the course right now. Another chance to make LPGA history this weekend.

This leader board could change completely by the end of the day.

A great day to watch golf; the cameras are about to come on. Very Happy

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/17/11 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
Well here we go, 16 year old Lexi Thompson leads by two on the course right now. Another chance to make LPGA history this weekend.

Whoa! Already on! Before it was scheduled to. GC didn't just fall off the truck.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/17/11 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Whoa! Already on! Before it was scheduled to. GC didn't just fall off the truck.

Good grief, Lexi is schooling the other pros right now. Turned in 31, 27 holes to go, 5 shot lead, lot of golf left Shocked

Just as I thought Lewis was getting-in one of her pissy negative vibe moods, she holed out on nine from 116 for an eagle two. All Thompson did was drain about 30 feet for three to stay comfortably ahead.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/17/11 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Good grief, Lexi is schooling the other pros right now. Turned in 31, 27 holes to go, 5 shot lead, lot of golf left Shocked

Just as I thought Lewis was getting-in one of her pissy negative vibe moods, she holed out on nine from 116 for an eagle two. All Thompson did was drain about 30 feet for three to stay comfortably ahead.

Good grief, Lewis just 5 putted. Talk about your negative vibe. It's early but Meena Lee seems to be the only player standing between Lexi and history right now. Thompson has tightened up a bit on her putting but I just don't see her collapsing. Lee just closed to within four, but I don't see anyone else in the rear view mirror for Thompson right now. She is missing her drives long left but this course doesn't punish that.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Good grief, Lewis just 5 putted. Talk about your negative vibe. It's early but Meena Lee seems to be the only player standing between Lexi and history right now. Thompson has tightened up a bit on her putting but I just don't see her collapsing. Lee just closed to within four, but I don't see anyone else in the rear view mirror for Thompson right now. She is missing her drives long left but this course doesn't punish that.

History could be made today. 16 year old Lexi Thompson dominated the leaders yesterday and will carry a 5 shot lead into today's final round.

Boy, the LPGA could use a break like this.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/golf/fl-lpga-lexi-thompson-0917-20110917,0,5847595.story

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

History could be made today. 16 year old Lexi Thompson dominated the leaders yesterday and will carry a 5 shot lead into today's final round.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/golf/fl-lpga-lexi-thompson-0917-20110917,0,5847595.story

They are off, Lexi is -1/-16 today, six shot lead after 3. She is playing with her closest pursuer and 8 ahead of the next closest at this point. She started shaky missed two fairways and two greens, but only has three putts. This ain't over by a long shot, but I think she can do it on this course. It will take a miracle round by somebody else or a complete mental meltdown to lose this one.

If she does win; is it OK to give a 16 year old the traditional shower with beer and champagne or just do that to daddy caddy?

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

They are off, Lexi is -1/-16 today, six shot lead after 3. She is playing with her closest pursuer and 8 ahead of the next closest at this point. She started shaky missed two fairways and two greens, but only has three putts. This ain't over by a long shot, but I think she can do it on this course. It will take a miracle round by somebody else or a complete mental meltdown to lose this one.

If she does win; is it OK to give a 16 year old the traditional shower with beer and champagne or just do that to daddy caddy?

Ouch, six shot lead, but just made a really STUPID bogey on 11. She had the Astrodome parking lot left of the hole; shorted herself right in a bunker with no green to work with. At least at that point she took her medicine and hit past the hole.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Ouch, six shot lead, but just made a really STUPID bogey on 11. She had the Astrodome parking lot left of the hole; shorted herself right in a bunker with no green to work with. At least at that point she took her medicine and hit past the hole.

Oh shit, her game is leaving her, about only thing left is her putter and it it is starting to shake Confused She has about 12 feet for par. Missed.

Come on; get it together kid! I was hoping to just watch her coronation on 18 and not miss the Lynx start!

ETA: This is where you need an experienced caddy on the bag and not your daddy. Shit he's probably more nervous than she is!

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Oh shit, her game is leaving her, about only thing left is her putter and it it is starting to shake Confused She has about 12 feet for par. Missed.

Come on; get it together kid! I was hoping to just watch her coronation on 18 and not miss the Lynx start!

ETA: This is where you need an experienced caddy on the bag and not your daddy. Shit he's probably more nervous than she is!
Meena Lee birdies; Lexi leaves a six footer short for birdie. Hey daddy caddy; 4 shots up with 5 to play. Aim for the big targets, par is a good score right now Shocked

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Meena Lee birdies; Lexi leaves a six footer short for birdie. Hey daddy caddy; 4 shots up with 5 to play. Aim for the big targets, par is a good score right now Shocked

Tiffany Joh, the excellent rookie and utube star; 4 birdies in a row; playing with Lexi, has pulled within 3 with 3 to play. So you have this really odd situation, a college graduate rookie outta UCLA with nothing to lose and a 16 year old prodigy with the weight of the world on her shoulders.

Interesting. This ain't over folks.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Tiffany Joh, the excellent rookie and utube star; 4 birdies in a row; playing with Lexi, has pulled within 3 with 3 to play. So you have this really odd situation, a college graduate rookie outta UCLA with nothing to lose and a 16 year old prodigy with the weight of the world on her shoulders.

LOL! Joh sticks it 5 feet for birdie on 16 a par three; Lexi sticks it inside her, about 2 feet. Great stuff!

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

LOL! Joh sticks it 5 feet for birdie on 16 a par three; Lexi sticks it inside her, about 2 feet. Great stuff!

Joh misses, Lexi makes birdie, 4 shot lead, two to play.

17th is a par 5; about the only hole you can make a big number on the whole course. Lexi splits the fairview with a 3 metal. Uh, Lexi, Daddy, par is good, lay up, plink your wedge in the fat of the green; take two putts and take your VICTORY walk on 18; history!

You guys really should watch this. It's history. Golf channel.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/18/11 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

see Van, you're awesome when you talk about this stuff..and Taylor Swift. Wink

PostPosted: 09/18/11 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

This is mind boggling stuff! This is big time history. Most TV's in every golf club in the country are watching this right now.

Icing on the cake would be if the LPGA would have had a board meeting last night and announce her automatic membership to the tour next year. She only won her sectional tour qualifying by ten shots; 24 under, something silly like that. AND that was after flying back from Evian France without a practice round; one nights sleep and tee it up for your future. TEN shots.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LPGA is not PC, I think they will spray her with champagne! Question

Well, even Vann misses once in a while; Joh did spray some bottled water on her Rolling Eyes

Go #Los Lynx!

Eta:

Uh, this kid is a pro, they cut to a camera shot in the scorer's tent, she has Red Bull hat on; oh good grief, drinking Red Bull! That's called scratching the back that feeds you, seamlessly. I remember her pro debut they drove her up to the club house in a Red Bull NASCAR pace car!

Uh, no more to say on this one.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/18/11 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, I just thought I was done, remember this is the game where the player is responsible for their scores, and the rules; unless some viewer calls in Laughing

I'm off track so this is the part about automatic LPGA membership for Lexi Thompson. Golf is frigg'n anal, it has it's formalities.

To become a member of the LPGA Tour; you must be 18 years of age.

Thompson has petitioned and been granted an exception to become a member if she gets the qualified Q-school certificate. Top 20 min the final qualifying not yet happened.

Thompson won today so if she were 18; she would automatically get the membership if she was 18. Therefore she has to petition for it.

I swear if they make her qualify I think I'll hurl...

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/20/11 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

I forgot to thank you for this Merc. Thanks! I think my live blog of the Tiger Woods Monday US Open playoff is the best I've ever done here at Area 51.

I've been thinking about this whole Lexi vs the LPGA membership situation. I think it was an intentional controversy to keep this story going. I don't think the LPGA commish is dumb enough to fumble this one. For the LPGA to dominate the world of golf with Solheim Cup and Lexi Thompson for about ten days is a real smart move.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 09/24/11 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Found this photo on LPGA twitter. This sucks wish I could just sleep. The first two hours of Solheim coverage really sucked last night, tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. It was like watching one long infomercial with a little golf mixed in.

this just astounding. I have never seen Twilight but look how much bigger Lexi is than Taylor Lautner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: