RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/13/11 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Chicago really has anybody to trade for McCarville and they won't give up #2 for her.

On the other hand, we can dream about Cheryl Ford. Add Cheryl and Shenise, and this team really improves. I think Snow is good also, just not as a starter. If Chicago had her coming off the bench, and maybe Mistie as a backup as well, the post situation would be resolved.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/13/11 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCarville and the #7 pick (Maybe Tyra White, T. Hayes or D. Peters) for the #2 pick (Stricklen or S. Johnson to NY)?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/13/11 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sandrine Gruda should be a RFA in 2012. If the Sky offers her a fat contract I think she would take it. If she remained with the Sun she would be on the bench behind Charles and Jones.

PostPosted: 11/13/11 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Sandrine Gruda should be a RFA in 2012. If the Sky offers her a fat contract I think she would take it. If she remained with the Sun she would be on the bench behind Charles and Jones.

She sat out 2011. There's still one year left in her rookie contract.

FS02

PostPosted: 11/13/11 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know what's up with Shameka Christon? Is she going to be able to come back next year?

PostPosted: 11/13/11 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Would the Chicago Sky be willing to let her come late every season and at times miss half the season or not come at all the way Connecticut was willing to work with her?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/13/11 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Would the Chicago Sky be willing to let her come late every season and at times miss half the season or not come at all the way Connecticut was willing to work with her?

She'd fit right in with their coach.

PostPosted: 11/14/11 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

That's a good point. Is she going to continue coaching in Russia after this season, or is this her least season coaching there?

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/14/11 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Huh? Pokey is with the Sky from the beginning of the season till the end how does that compare to Gruda's situation? As far as GM go Pokey says she follow all the college basketball action from sling box and her assistant Jeff House goes to the games in person. It's not like she's being a halftime GM/Coach for the Sky Rolling Eyes

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/14/11 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Huh? Pokey is with the Sky from the beginning of the season till the end how does that compare to Gruda's situation? As far as GM go Pokey says she follow all the college basketball action from sling box and her assistant Jeff House goes to the games in person. It's not like she's being a halftime GM/Coach for the Sky Rolling Eyes

Richyyy can correct me if I'm wrong, but I took him to mean she would be used to playing with Pokey and she wouldn't need to adjust to a new coaching style, as she would if she was playing for someone she never played with before. Pokey is currently coaching Sandrine Gruda in Russia and has been her coach for a couple of years already.

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/14/11 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Richyyy can correct me if I'm wrong, but I took him to mean she would be used to playing with Pokey and she wouldn't need to adjust to a new coaching style, as she would if she was playing for someone she never played with before. Pokey is currently coaching Sandrine Gruda in Russia and has been her coach for a couple of years already.

Sandrine Gruda is not playing for Pokeys squad in Russia. She play's for UMMC with Nolan and Cappie.

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/14/11 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Sandrine Gruda is not playing for Pokeys squad in Russia. She play's for UMMC with Nolan and Cappie.

Thank you for the correction. Embarassed

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/14/11 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34, no problem. Richyyy meant that as a diss to Pokey I caught on to that.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/14/11 3:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Assuming you meant 'part-time' rather than 'halftime', that's exactly what she is. More of her year is spent coaching her European team than the Sky, and if she's spending lots of time watching college ball in Russia then she's short-changing Spartak right along with Chicago, because she should be focussing on their next opponents and coaching that team.

I'm still surprised that Chicago were willing to hire her without the stipulation that she'd stop coaching in Europe in following seasons. It's going to be significantly worse in 2012 than it was in 2011 as well - if she's in Russia throughout their domestic playoffs (as you'd expect her to be), she'll probably barely be back in the US in time for the regular season to start. Never mind periods like, say, free agency, the draft, and the preseason.

PostPosted: 11/14/11 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Assuming you meant 'part-time' rather than 'halftime', that's exactly what she is. More of her year is spent coaching her European team than the Sky, and if she's spending lots of time watching college ball in Russia then she's short-changing Spartak right along with Chicago, because she should be focussing on their next opponents and coaching that team.

I'm still surprised that Chicago were willing to hire her without the stipulation that she'd stop coaching in Europe in following seasons. It's going to be significantly worse in 2012 than it was in 2011 as well - if she's in Russia throughout their domestic playoffs (as you'd expect her to be), she'll probably barely be back in the US in time for the regular season to start. Never mind periods like, say, free agency, the draft, and the preseason.

I'm pretty sure John Wisenant and Brian Agler are some where at there house relaxing, watching college basketball, and checking their daily wnba check ups (free agents, overseas play, etc). While Pokey is doing the exact same thing but with other obligations. A matter of fact she's closer to all the players, she get to check out free agents when they play against her team. Obviously it is way they(Sky) can make it work or they wouldn't have offered her the position. It's no way Pokey will miss a part of the WNBA season.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/14/11 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:

Obviously it is way they(Sky) can make it work or they wouldn't have offered her the position.

It has worked yet, or did I miss where Chicago was a well-coached successful team last year?

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/14/11 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:

Obviously it is way they(Sky) can make it work or they wouldn't have offered her the position.

It has worked yet, or did I miss where Chicago was a well-coached successful team last year?

I'm talking about her being able to coach both teams. It's a way she can be there for both teams in both full seasons without missing any days during the job.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 11/14/11 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:

Has the Sky been a well-coached succesfull at all in their years in the wnba? So she is certainly not doing worse

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/14/11 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:

Has the Sky been a well-coached succesfull at all in their years in the wnba? So she is certainly not doing worse

That is certainly the bar I would be setting.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 11/14/11 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Despite all the preseason hype, Chicago wasn't any better as a team in 2011 than they were in 2010. Pokey's presence didn't make much of a difference from what I could tell.

Mathies to LA 2013
pilight

PostPosted: 11/14/11 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Despite all the preseason hype, Chicago wasn't any better as a team in 2011 than they were in 2010. Pokey's presence didn't make much of a difference from what I could tell.

The record was the same, but the team played better.

The Sky are still talent poor. They still haven't recovered from the Dupree for Kraayeveld trade.

Pokey as GM did worse than Pokey the coach. The Perkins for Snow trade was a disaster. Prince was a step down from Perkins and Snow was a step down from Bass. Vandersloot of 2011 wasn't as good as Canty of 2010, but has more upside.

PostPosted: 11/14/11 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if Christon recovered from her injury, CHI would still be a middle-of-the-road team.. a team which would continually get bounced out every year in the 1st round of the playoffs. So with that, I think it actually turned out for the better that they fell into the lottery again. That way they get/got a better draft pick. Idea

Of course, that opinion is dependent on the belief that Christon will return to CHI... Confused

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/14/11 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I'm pretty sure John Wisenant and Brian Agler are some where at there house relaxing, watching college basketball, and checking their daily wnba check ups (free agents, overseas play, etc). While Pokey is doing the exact same thing but with other obligations. A matter of fact she's closer to all the players, she get to check out free agents when they play against her team. Obviously it is way they(Sky) can make it work or they wouldn't have offered her the position. It's no way Pokey will miss a part of the WNBA season.

If her team is currently in the playoffs in Russia are you expecting her to leave her Russian team to take over the Sky if there is a conflict?

Richard 77

PostPosted: 11/14/11 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:

They might have been had Overton been allowed to stay.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek

Adding: Write Funko. The WNBA should have Pops.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/14/11 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some people here have read the holy words that are written in stone that Elena Delle Donne will stay in school until 2013. That MAYBE true. I believe she would benefit more if she left school in 2012. LA and Chicago draft one and two for the 2012 draft. She would have a win-win component with her choice of playing with either of the two top post players in the game. That would be Parker or Fowles. Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: