Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 10/16/11 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Tweety and Houston for starters... Cool

IF Houston leaves us, I would love to see her in Chicago.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/17/11 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A deal can be made with any team. Every team in the WNBA that did not win a championship in 2011 is trying to improve their team so that they can be better next season. The important key is the price right? Making trades is about presenting something to a buyer that he or she can not refuse. There is a famous line from the movie The Godfather that states "I am going to make you an offer that you can't refuse". Cool

PostPosted: 10/22/11 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When are they going to release a free agents list? this to me is the biggest way the Sky can improve for next year. We need quality vets to round out our young team.

JohnyK

PostPosted: 10/22/11 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
When are they going to release a free agents list? this to me is the biggest way the Sky can improve for next year. We need quality vets to round out our young team.

Most likely in February when free agency opens. Until then teams can decide on whether to use the fourth year options on their 2009 draftees, core any of their UFA's, make qualifying offers to players they have rights to.

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 10/22/11 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JohnyK wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:

Most likely in February when free agency opens. Until then teams can decide on whether to use the fourth year options on their 2009 draftees, core any of their UFA's, make qualifying offers to players they have rights to.

Ok, thanks I'm going to be looking forward to when that time comes. Hopefully the Sky can sign at least one quality free agent that can help the team.

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/10/11 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago wins the #2 pick in the 2012 draft Very Happy Ogwumike is out of the question. I see us drafting Shenise Johnson or Shekinna Striklen. Both can fill that SF spot for us. I like Johnson because she can play three positions and has smooth offense.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/10/11 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
Chicago wins the #2 pick in the 2012 draft Very Happy Ogwumike is out of the question. I see us drafting Shenise Johnson or Shekinna Striklen. Both can fill that SF spot for us. I like Johnson because she can play three positions and has smooth offense.

Me too. Very versatile. And if Chicago could play less Canty and less Young, they will be much better.

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/10/11 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:

Me too. Very versatile. And if Chicago could play less Canty and less Young, they will be much better.

Yes agree less Canty is right, she aged a lot last season. Young was our only option at SF last season. Hopefully with our draft pick and maybe Murphy with us for a full season. She won't be our only option. Now that we have a solid draft pick we need to get atleast one solid free agent and a couple of other good players.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 11/11/11 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SKY: Top College Prospects 2012

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/11/11 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Hampton is included just because she is local. Anyway, looks like 'they' agree with most of us who think the top three are obvious, but after that it ain't at all clear.

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/11/11 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I wonder if Hampton is included just because she is local. Anyway, looks like 'they' agree with most of us who think the top three are obvious, but after that it ain't at all clear.

That's what I was thinking no way she's a 2nd pick in the first round. Mock draft don't even have her going in the first round. She would've been a good fit but the Sky traded their 2nd round pick away for Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton who brought nothing to the team Rolling Eyes. It's nice to see them with Johnson, Ogwumike, and Striklen at the top of the list. If they draft Johnson they should look to get a small forward like Izi Castro Marques through free agency.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/11/11 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I don't know if she's top 7 material but I liked what I saw last year. Best player on Depaul's squad

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/11/11 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Griner declares for the 2012 draft would this be a good thing for Chicago since they could then draft Ogumike with the #2 pick?

Or would Chicago be better off with one of Stricklen or Johnson? (And one less powerhouse in the west).

Plif05

PostPosted: 11/11/11 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stricklen, IMO, may be the best fit for the Sky. Most players can't play out of their comfort zone. She can. Cool

Michelle89

PostPosted: 11/11/11 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plif05 wrote:
Stricklen, IMO, may be the best fit for the Sky. Most players can't play out of their comfort zone. She can. Cool

I thought sky fans were mad at Pokey that she got a PG instead of a PF last year and now with a good PF coming in the league she isnt the best fit for the Sky, i dont get it. If the opportunity presents itself i wouldnt hesitate picking Nneka (if i were Pokey)

Having Snow as your starting PF is just not going to cut it

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/11/11 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of us Sky fans think Nneka is out of the question. Because she will most likely be the number one pick. But if the Sparks don't take Nneka better to believe the Sky is taking her Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 11/11/11 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Plif05 wrote:

I thought sky fans were mad at Pokey that she got a PG instead of a PF last year and now with a good PF coming in the league she isnt the best fit for the Sky, i dont get it. If the opportunity presents itself i wouldnt hesitate picking Nneka (if i were Pokey)

Having Snow as your starting PF is just not going to cut it

If you read that one story I posted, Pokey feels the sky's biggest need is a "scoring SF".

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/12/11 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky could use both a SF and a PF. The Sky could draft a SF and pick up a PF in free agency or a trade.

PostPosted: 11/12/11 5:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky should still have the rights to Mistie Mims, who seems to be quite serviceable post player.

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/12/11 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The Sky could use both a SF and a PF. The Sky could draft a SF and pick up a PF in free agency or a trade.

Agree, since it seems were more then likely to be picking up a G/F in this draft. We should try to pick up a solid PF in free agency. Someone who can rebound and defend. We already got Sylvia dominating up there. Just get her some consistent help.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/12/11 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
We should try to pick up a solid PF in free agency. Someone who can rebound and defend.

McCarville?

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 11/12/11 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:
We should try to pick up a solid PF in free agency. Someone who can rebound and defend.

McCarville?

Is she a UFA?

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 11/12/11 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No she is not...her rights are owned by The New York Liberty and they will be happy to do a trade

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/13/11 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do not like McCarville. I do like that fine chocolate French girl. She can ball! Very Happy

PostPosted: 11/13/11 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I do not like McCarville. I do like that fine chocolate French girl. She can ball! Very Happy

Gruda is not going anywhere. The Sun are pretty stacked next year and really have a shot at getting to the finals IMO So i doubt she wants to go anywhere.

McGarville with the Sky might be a good thing. She has played with Fowles at Spartak and Pokey was assistent coach there. So there is a lot of familiarity there. Besides that she also has a more face to the basket game so that clears up space for Fowles. And tbh i have more trust in McGarvilles shot then i have in Snows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: