RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/02/12 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LRVKO4EqD4U?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/12 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky's 2nd-biggest crowd sees 7th loss in 8 games

Quote:
"Another missed opportunity," Sky coach Pokey Chatman said.

Quote:
Fowles' streak of scoring in double figures was snapped at 83 games, nine shy of Hall of Famer Cynthia Cooper's WNBA record.

Last edited by Shades on 07/12/12 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/12 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yNluED7RRtY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Last edited by Shades on 07/12/12 11:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/12 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Embarassed

norwester

PostPosted: 07/12/12 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Fowles' streak of scoring in double figures was snapped at 83 games, nine shy of Hall of Famer Cynthia Cooper's WNBA record.

I hadn't even been tracking the double-digit games figure, or I haven't since LJ's was snapped shy of Cooper's record in the opening game of 2005. I was more upset about that than the loss! Wink

What are the standings on that list now? Is it Cooper, Fowles, Jackson now?

PostPosted: 07/12/12 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I hadn't even been tracking the double-digit games figure, or I haven't since LJ's was snapped shy of Cooper's record in the opening game of 2005. I was more upset about that than the loss! Wink

Seimone Augustus had an 88 game streak broken in 2008

PostPosted: 07/12/12 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
norwester wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who has the longest current streak?

Mathies to LA 2013
norwester

PostPosted: 07/12/12 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
norwester wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

So, what, Cooper, Augustus, Fowles, Jackson? Given the quote above, I see Fowles was 83, now Augustus 88. I guess that means Cooper was 92? Seems like LJ was 9 or 10 games shy. Or maybe 14. I clearly actually don't remember. Embarassed Laughing

PostPosted: 07/12/12 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
pilight wrote:
norwester wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

So, what, Cooper, Augustus, Fowles, Jackson? Given the quote above, I see Fowles was 83, now Augustus 88. I guess that means Cooper was 92? Seems like LJ was 9 or 10 games shy. Or maybe 14. I clearly actually don't remember. Embarassed Laughing

Jackson's streak was 84

PostPosted: 07/12/12 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d posted the table for the top-four the other day:

p_d_swanson wrote:
Most consecutive games, 10 or more points
92 -- Cynthia Cooper, Houston, June 21, 1997-June 1, 2000
88 -- Seimone Augustus, Minnesota, June 18, 2006-September 7, 2008
84 -- Lauren Jackson, Seattle, June 26, 2002-September 18, 2004
83 -- Sylvia Fowles, Chicago, May 15, 2010-July 7, 2012

PostPosted: 08/10/12 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince prepared to return

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-prince-prepared-to-return-for-sky-20120809,0,7434286.story

Quote:
"I'm doing pretty well," Prince said Thursday during a team event at Joe's Sports Bar. "I started practicing with the team a couple of days ago. I started doing all of the drills. Basically now I am just trying to get into game shape."

PostPosted: 08/10/12 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Prince prepared to return

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-prince-prepared-to-return-for-sky-20120809,0,7434286.story

Quote:
"I'm doing pretty well," Prince said Thursday during a team event at Joe's Sports Bar. "I started practicing with the team a couple of days ago. I started doing all of the drills. Basically now I am just trying to get into game shape."

thank goodness!!! the Sky just can't win without her.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/13/12 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O69EpZvRjy8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/15/12 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mike Wolf Joins Sky Broadcast Team
Quote:
“I am thrilled to be joining the Sky for the stretch run of what has already been a record-setting season,” said Wolf. “I look forward to being part of the broadcast team that will bring Sky fans what is sure to be a historic second half to this campaign.”

Wolf replaces Brent Stover who has relocated to New York to be a studio host for the CBS Sports Network.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/16/12 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aAUDDAWFWH0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Shades

PostPosted: 08/17/12 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4gF32HizUQ8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Richard 77

PostPosted: 08/25/12 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a research question for those in the know.

Of the current Sky roster, only three of the players from the 2010 roster still exist. (Fowles, Prince and Young, based from my Sky posters.)

Of the 2011 roster, 6 players. (The three above along with Murphy, Vandersloot and Swords.)

I tend to think of the Sky roster as a continuous clearing house of players and can't help wonder if those 'wholesale' roster changes are the true culprit of the troubles with the team.

How many other teams in the WNBA have gone or are going through serious roster additions/depletions during their existence, and what the rates of success have been or are from the year to year a team depletes their rosters?

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
pilight

PostPosted: 08/26/12 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
Here's a research question for those in the know.

Of the current Sky roster, only three of the players from the 2010 roster still exist. (Fowles, Prince and Young, based from my Sky posters.)

Of the 2011 roster, 6 players. (The three above along with Murphy, Vandersloot and Swords.)

I tend to think of the Sky roster as a continuous clearing house of players and can't help wonder if those 'wholesale' roster changes are the true culprit of the troubles with the team.

How many other teams in the WNBA have gone or are going through serious roster additions/depletions during their existence, and what the rates of success have been or are from the year to year a team depletes their rosters?

Atlanta only has five players from their 2011 team. One of them (the team's second leading scorer last year) didn't appear until after the Olympic break and another (the team's leading scorer last year) has missed eight of their 24 games.

PostPosted: 09/01/12 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tf_F6B9AlNg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/12 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z83Gl2SuoZE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/06/12 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a shout out to all Sky fans. KEEP HOPE ALIVE! If the Sky make the playoffs, that will be great news. If they do not make the playoffs then they will be in the Griner sweepstakes!
Griner is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If the Sky get lucky and get the first pick in next year's draft they can have their cake and eat it too! There are many teams lusting after Griner to the extent that they would trade for her.
If the Sky got the first pick and Phoenix got the second pick the Sky could trade Griner to Phoenix for their second pick plus Bonner. If Tulsa got the second pick the Sky could trade Griner to Tulsa for their second pick plus Johnson and their second round pick. Or a three team trade could take place where Tulsa trades Cambage to San Antonio for Danielle Robinson and their second round pick they got from Chicago. Tulsa then trades Robinson, their second round pick from Chicago and the second pick for Griner.
Heck, if the Sky get any ot the top three picks it is a win-win situation. Keep hope alive, Sky fans! Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/17/12 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJ6BbZQrpMo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/18/12 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its looking iffy for playoffs this year.
i know swin isnt the 02-04 swin, and i know she isnt even 2010 swin... but shes still pretty solid.

i guess if fowles was healthy or cared shes as good as it gets for centers

when prince is healthy shes a great 2-guard.
i dont like vandersloot and i think she turns the ball over way too much and i dont really think shes confident in all situations, but there arent many GREAT point guards right now.

if anything its the tamera young position. t young might be ok coming off the bench along with lecoe and murphy and swords.... but swords, young shouldnt be starters.

swin at the 4 and prince at 2 seem to be the only sure things for next year.... am i right?

toad455

PostPosted: 09/18/12 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

would prefer Swin at the 3 and the Sky add a legit PF. Young comes off the bench this way. This is where taking Delle Donne would help the Sky if they somehow get the #2 pick.

PG: Vandersloot/??
SG: Prince/Murphy
SF: Cash/Young
PF: Delle Donne/Willingham
C: Fowles/Swords/Riley

heck, if Natasha Lacy is available, I wouldn't mind her as the Sky's back-up PG next season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 09/18/12 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
would prefer Swin at the 3 and the Sky add a legit PF. Young comes off the bench this way. This is where taking Delle Donne would help the Sky if they somehow get the #2 pick

If Clay sees this, he'll probably tell you that Delle Donne isn't a legit PF based on what she played in college. But I say it doesn't matter. Players of this caliber are capable of playing many positions. It's basketball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: