RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/04/11 3:00 am    ::: Play aggressive or play if safe? Reply Reply with quote

If Chicago is serious about going to the playoffs in 2012 then they MUST be aggressive in their talent acquision during the 2012 free agency period. Chicago must aggressively go after high quality free agents or trade for high quality talent to improve the team to the point that they can compete for a playoff spot in 2012. Chicago can also play it safe and take whatever crumbs are available during the 2012 free agency period. That type of passive action WILL guarantee them a place in the 2013 lottery because they will not make the playoffs again in 2012.

PostPosted: 12/04/11 3:14 am    ::: Re: Play aggressive or play if safe? Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
If Chicago is serious about going to the playoffs in 2012 then they MUST be aggressive in their talent acquision during the 2012 free agency period. Chicago must aggressively go after high quality free agents or trade for high quality talent to improve the team to the point that they can compete for a playoff spot in 2012. Chicago can also play it safe and take whatever crumbs are available during the 2012 free agency period. That type of passive action WILL guarantee them a place in the 2013 lottery because they will not make the playoffs again in 2012.

What players do you see them putting up for trade that can bring in "high quality" talent you are looking for to get them in the playoffs.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/04/11 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Piph, IMO, is the only player that has good value besides Fowles. I'd see if Tulsa would be interested in acquiring her for Tiffany Jackson, the player we should've got in the Dupree trade..

PostPosted: 12/04/11 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Piph, IMO, is the only player that has good value besides Fowles. I'd see if Tulsa would be interested in acquiring her for Tiffany Jackson, the player we should've got in the Dupree trade..

That wouldnt be a good trade for Tulsa IMO. T Jackson had a good season and is a pretty important factor within that team.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/05/11 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

That wouldnt be a good trade for Tulsa IMO. T Jackson had a good season and is a pretty important factor within that team.

I'm pretty sure Kayla can fill Tiff's role.. Wink

PostPosted: 12/06/11 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Not if the coach doesn't play her. Wink

Michelle89

PostPosted: 12/06/11 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Lol Kayla posting up all game long (Cambage was hardly on the lowblock last season) and getting 8,4 rebounds a game. I dont think so!

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 12/08/11 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with Pokey that we need a scoring SF because looking at Tamera Young stats in Turkey she's shooting only 33% from the floor and only 58% from free throw. I don't think the Sky can get by next year with no offensive production from the SF position. I don't know what free agent SF's are available but the Sky need some one who can atleast put up something there. Shay Murphy has been pretty good overseas this season I don't know if Pokey consider her a forward but she might have to start there next season if we don't get a valuable SF. Drafting Shenise or Shekinna will help some but the Sky can't depend on rookies. Look what happen last year with Vandersloot she completely fell apart.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/08/11 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holdsclaw is a SF...

Mathies to LA 2013
sure_thing34

PostPosted: 12/08/11 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Holdsclaw is a SF...

She's okay but I was thinking someone younger for the Sky. I know holdsclaw still got it but...

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/08/11 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Holdsclaw is a SF...

She's okay but I was thinking someone younger for the Sky. I know holdsclaw still got it but...

Is there an interest in Shameka Christon, if she is healthy?

sure_thing34

PostPosted: 12/08/11 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shameka has had so much bad luck since arriving in the Chi that I don't think she wants to come back. Her and the Sky are probably better off parting ways for good lol Laughing

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/08/11 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Holdsclaw is a SF...

Beggars can't be choosers. If not Holdsclaw or a rookie, then who?

Mathies to LA 2013
sure_thing34

PostPosted: 12/08/11 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Holdsclaw is a SF...

lol I know but Holdslcaw is kind of washed up. The Sky already had Michelle Snow who really didn't step up last season. I just want the Sky with someone who is probably in their prime or younger and can fit Pokeys plan. I know we might not get a true SF but someone who can play that position with some production will be fine.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/08/11 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sure_thing34 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
sure_thing34 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Holdsclaw is a SF...

lol I know but Holdslcaw is kind of washed up. The Sky already had Michelle Snow who really didn't step up last season. I just want the Sky with someone who is probably in their prime or younger and can fit Pokeys plan. I know we might not get a true SF but someone who can play that position with some production will be fine.

It'll cost you a prospect.

Mathies to LA 2013
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/08/11 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The combo of Shenise Johnson and Eshaya Murphy, if they can sign her, might do the trick at SF. Now what are they going to do at PF. Wonder if Mistie Williams/Bass/Mims would come back - not that I would want her starting, but as a backup she's ok. Can the Sky find someone foolish enough to want Young so they could get something for her - anything would be better than keeping her?

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/08/11 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The combo of Shenise Johnson and Eshaya Murphy, if they can sign her, might do the trick at SF. Now what are they going to do at PF. Wonder if Mistie Williams/Bass/Mims would come back - not that I would want her starting, but as a backup she's ok. Can the Sky find someone foolish enough to want Young so they could get something for her - anything would be better than keeping her?

I wouldn't say anything. Wink

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/18/11 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am a firm believer in high risk, high reward in regards to pro sports transactions. IF the Sky find out that Delle Donne will leave school in 2012 rather than 2013 then they should trade up to get her. My trade proposal would be to offer the Sparks the Sky's 2012 first round pick and the Sky's 2013 first round pick for the Sparks 2012 first round pick and the Sparks top second round pick of 2012. This trade coupled with the Sky getting some top talent in the 2012 free agency pool should propel them into the 2012 playoffs. Losing the 2013 first round pick is worth the risk if can position the Sky to being a playoff contender in 2012.

PostPosted: 12/18/11 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I am a firm believer in high risk, high reward in regards to pro sports transactions. IF the Sky find out that Delle Donne will leave school in 2012 rather than 2013 then they should trade up to get her. My trade proposal would be to offer the Sparks the Sky's 2012 first round pick and the Sky's 2013 first round pick for the Sparks 2012 first round pick and the Sparks top second round pick of 2012. This trade coupled with the Sky getting some top talent in the 2012 free agency pool should propel them into the 2012 playoffs. Losing the 2013 first round pick is worth the risk if can position the Sky to being a playoff contender in 2012.

The problem here is: the Sparks may very well want Elena for themselves. Ace and Elena would form a versatile twin towers, both capable of playing virtually any spot on the floor.

PostPosted: 12/18/11 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A) I doubt Elena enters the draft. Perhaps if an East Coast team owned that pick, she would consider it, but I doubt it.
B) Chicago would be just fine getting Nneka instead. No need to give away future picks.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/27/12 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HELLO SKY FANS! PLAN TO HAVE A PARTY AT THE END OF THE SEASON! Very Happy We now have a BEAST MONSTER type roster to compete for a championship. I believe the roster will be complete once Fowles is signed so I do not think we will keep any rookies this season. There is one college player that I do like that I hope the Sky will draft and keep and her name is Julie Wojta. Her game is very versatile and she can give the Sky an extra edge off the bench. The Sky would become an unbeatable BEAST MONSTER TEAM if they signed Cheryl Ford! Very Happy

PostPosted: 02/27/12 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why hasn't Fowles re sign?

PostPosted: 02/27/12 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My ticket rep just sent me an e-mail. He just got my latest payment for my season ticket. Hmmn... he mentioned something else ... but I forgot what it was. Maybe I'll remember in 7 days ...

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
dynasty0207

PostPosted: 02/27/12 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
My ticket rep just sent me an e-mail. He just got my latest payment for my season ticket. Hmmn... he mentioned something else ... but I forgot what it was. Maybe I'll remember in 7 days ...

Charde... Essence...

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/27/12 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Why hasn't Fowles re sign?

Neither has Parker. Don't sweat it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: