Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnyK

PostPosted: 09/05/11 4:25 am    ::: Chicago Sky 2012 Reply Reply with quote

RFA's: Sylvia Fowles, Tamera Young, Eshaya Murphy
UFA's: Dominique Canty, Cathrine Kraayeveld, Michelle Snow, Erin Thorn

Looks like Pokey Chatman will have some serious re-evaluating to do as she'll have only four players (Prince, Vandersloot, Wisdom-Hylton, Swords) under contract going in the off-season. Re-signing Fowles should be a no-brainer, but after that...
They currently own first (lottery) and third round picks in the 2012 draft.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/05/11 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they should be able to get a SF in the draft(Shenise Johnson??). Keep Fowles(of course) and either Young or Murphy. Kraayeveld will be on the first flight to Seattle. The rest of their UFAs are a toss up. Do they resign the rest?? Their bench needs the biggest overall. Swords has shown some promise, but LWH was a bust for Chicago.

PG: Vandersloot/Canty or Thorn
SG: Prince/???
SF: SJohnson/Young or Murphy
PF: Snow/???
C: Fowles/Swords

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/11 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Snow was so horrible this year that I'd let her go just to clear the air. She doesn't take well to coming off the bench and she's demonstrated clearly that she's no longer starter quality.

PostPosted: 09/05/11 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they dont sign Murphy i hope the Storm make room to sign her to come off the bench as the 8th player or so.

I think she was a great pickup for the Sky this season

idchafee

PostPosted: 09/05/11 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We need, in order:

Power Forward
Power Forward
Power Forward
Power Forward
backup cener
Power Forward
Power Forward

PostPosted: 09/05/11 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hhmmm, Big Bad Syl would look very nice playing alongside Candace in LaLa land. Wink

PostPosted: 09/05/11 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

idchafee wrote:
We need, in order:

Power Forward
Power Forward
Power Forward
Power Forward
backup cener
Power Forward
Power Forward

And I would stick several Small Forward, Small Forward, Small Forward's in there too. Tamera Young is NOT a starting small forward!

IDK about Snow. It's true that she has an attitude issue because she thinks she is a starter and will sulk at anything else....but you have to find something better before you really want to dump her. At any rate, as a UFA she will have choices and my guess is she will be gone. Kraay is almost certainly gone. [In fact I wondered if she would even bother to get back on the plane after the last game of the year - which is in Seattle]
And as I put in my dissertation in the other thread, I really, really think this team would be better off letting Canty disappear into the sunset. Thorn is interesting - she has shown herself valuable, in fact so much so that you may have to compete for her services, so I think it will be a matter of how much you want to pay her? I would sign and trade Tamara Young but I'm guessing Pokey will keep her, so Sky fans, prepare for another frustrating year next year from that position.

aryia11

PostPosted: 09/05/11 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FA PFs that may be available

S. Irvin
J. Moore
T. Smith
S. Ely
L. Pringle
K. Braxton
C. Houston
N. Sanford

not sure about all of these

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/05/11 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about a new coach?

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/05/11 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From Arya's list, Charde is certainly interesting. Also, as mentioned elsewhere JMAC may not be a FA, but certainly available. And Cheryl Ford. I would definitely go for Cheryl Ford.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/05/11 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

would be happy to trade JMac's rights if we can get something good from the Sky

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/05/11 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone thinks that Shenise Johnson will be a good small forward in the WNBA. I just do not see that. She is a great player and I would love for the Sky to draft her. She is a big point guard. She plays the point guard position for Miami. She looks like a female Jason Kidd because she is big enough to rebound with the big women and fast enough to lead the fast break. She is also an excellent three point shooter. I love Shenise Johnson! I just would not classify her as a small forward. Smile

PostPosted: 09/05/11 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
How about a new coach?

The team was bad when she got them and she needs time to develop a good team. Give her a chance already.

Plif05

PostPosted: 09/05/11 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
How about a new coach?

The team was bad when she got them and she needs time to develop a good team. Give her a chance already.

Agreed, though not so much on the "bad" part. Slipping into Lake Michigan w/o a raft, maybe. Laughing

Chip

PostPosted: 09/05/11 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:

I agree but can a suspended player be traded?

Martini Man

PostPosted: 09/05/11 2:59 pm    ::: Re: Chicago Sky 2012 Reply Reply with quote

JohnyK wrote:
RFA's: Sylvia Fowles, Tamera Young, Eshaya Murphy
UFA's: Dominique Canty, Cathrine Kraayeveld, Michelle Snow, Erin Thorn

Looks like Pokey Chatman will have some serious re-evaluating to do as she'll have only four players (Prince, Vandersloot, Wisdom-Hylton, Swords) under contract going in the off-season. Re-signing Fowles should be a no-brainer, but after that...
They currently own first (lottery) and third round picks in the 2012 draft.

I think Fowles will stay because her former coach is coaching the team (Chapman). If Chapman wasn't around, I'd bet money that Fowles would leave to another team ala Dupree. They should resign Young, Murphy, Thorn and Canty. Kraayeveld should have been let go after last season. Michelle Snow was good in San Antonio and should have stayed there. I wonder if Chicago will bring back Shameka Christon? No other team has signed her off of waivers. I believe she'll end up being resigned to Chicago in the off season. Wisdom-Hylton should go bye bye asap, and Swords, I thought she'd be better than she has been this season.

I don't really seeing Chicago making the playoffs even next year either. I mean, Indiana, Connecticut, New York and Atlanta are just a lot better than Chicago, and I don't think that will change next season unless a marquee player on one or two of those teams gets injured for a good majority of the season. I already have my 2012 playoffs set with Washington and Chicago out again just like this year. Chicago really needs someone like N Ogwumike as their starting power forward in the draft if they can't pick up a good PF through trades or free agency. But Ogwumike won't be around by the time Chicago picks.

Martini Man

PostPosted: 09/05/11 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chip wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:

I agree but can a suspended player be traded?

I don't think McCarville is the answer to Chicago's problems. I don't think she's even all that great.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/05/11 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think McCarville is the answer to Chicago's problems. I don't think she's even all that great

McGarville played with Fowles under Chapman at Spartak moscow in 2009-2010 so that would be an interesting move

JohnyK

PostPosted: 09/05/11 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, Martini Man and Michelle, but I'm lol'ing at "Chapman", "McGarville". It's not like any one of those names are on the level of Bibrzycka or Ujhelyi to forget how they're spelled. Very Happy

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/05/11 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JohnyK wrote:
Sorry, Martini Man and Michelle, but I'm lol'ing at "Chapman", "McGarville". It's not like any one of those names are on the level of Bibrzycka or Ujhelyi to forget how they're spelled. Very Happy

Haha i was in a hurry Laughing Embarassed Laughing

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 09/05/11 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Hhmmm, Big Bad Syl would look very nice playing alongside Candace in LaLa land. Wink

Laughing Laughing If it was up to Jap, LA would be an all-star team and the rest of us would have NUTHIN! Gotta love your team loyalty, Jap.

PostPosted: 09/06/11 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago did not make the playoffs this season but the season would have had a different outcome if Shameka Christon did not get hurt. She would have helped the Sky win at least four more games and that would have put the Sky in the middle of the playoff race. It would be great if the Sky can resign her and pick up a few other free agent veterens to make the Sky a bona fide playoff contender! Smile

PostPosted: 09/06/11 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Chicago did not make the playoffs this season but the season would have had a different outcome if Shameka Christon did not get hurt. She would have helped the Sky win at least four more games and that would have put the Sky in the middle of the playoff race. It would be great if the Sky can resign her and pick up a few other free agent veterens to make the Sky a bona fide playoff contender! Smile

You're thinking of the Christon that played in New York in 2009. Christon that came off the injury that made her miss most of the 2010 season wouldn't help you win anything. I would even say that Tamera Young is a better player than the Christon that got canned by Nadezhda Orenburg in Russia for bad play in the spring before Russian league playoffs.

Martini Man

PostPosted: 09/06/11 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
JohnyK wrote:

Haha i was in a hurry Laughing Embarassed Laughing

I wasn't in a hurry, but I had a tube of 'chap'stick sitting beside my keyboard. I guess it gave me a subliminal advertising message to promote chapstick on rebkell.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/06/11 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JohnyK wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

You're thinking of the Christon that played in New York in 2009. Christon that came off the injury that made her miss most of the 2010 season wouldn't help you win anything. I would even say that Tamera Young is a better player than the Christon that got canned by Nadezhda Orenburg in Russia for bad play in the spring before Russian league playoffs.

I'm not supersticious (sp), but if I'm Shameka Christon I get as far away from Chicago as possible, bad mojo, maybe LA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: