RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Q&A with COACH Stanley

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/14/05 2:34 pm    ::: Q&A with COACH Stanley Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
My job as an assistant was to do my best to support Patty Coyle, our head coach, in guiding the team through the demands of the regular season and to help motivate our players to play at a level which would enable us to make the playoffs and contend for the WNBA championship. Our players showed great professionalism in handling the coaching change and the addition of a total newcomer (me) to the situation. They made it a joy to come to the gym to work every day. But much of the credit for the proper "attitude" must go to Patty. Her leadership and positive approach set the tone for our team for the remainder of the season. She made it possible for everyone to rise above the injuries and other adverse circumstances and to find a way to win games. It was a lot of fun to be a part of such an exceptional run to the playoffs.

Each player sat down and discussed their thoughts with us on this, so it was a really valuable way for me to get to know everyone better and to understand how they think about themselves and the game.

I guess now we know why the Libs put out that "Tari will not be back" report that month. Idea

Quote:
Picking # 10 takes us out of the running for the players who are most touted, but it puts us in position to get a player who we think may be able to help us right away, someone we hope will compete for minutes in our rotation. We have more than one need to fill, so which position we fill remains to be seen.

As it turns out I will be going to Israel to see Crystal Robinson, DeTrina White, Shameka Christon and K.B. Sharp and to Russia to watch Elena Baranova and Ann Wauters later this month.

http://www.wnba.com/liberty/news/QA_Stanley_011405.html

Well, looks like we have an idea of who is on the block! Shocked

BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/14/05 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She could/should got to Italy too to check on VJ and their beloved Donaphin.
Tari's as good as gone, but I'm glad they mentioned D-Train.

PostPosted: 01/14/05 2:55 pm    ::: Re: Q&A with COACH Stanley Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:
My job as an assistant was to do my best to support Patty Coyle, our head coach, in guiding the team through the demands of the regular season and to help motivate our players to play at a level which would enable us to make the playoffs and contend for the WNBA championship. Our players showed great professionalism in handling the coaching change and the addition of a total newcomer (me) to the situation. They made it a joy to come to the gym to work every day. But much of the credit for the proper "attitude" must go to Patty. Her leadership and positive approach set the tone for our team for the remainder of the season. She made it possible for everyone to rise above the injuries and other adverse circumstances and to find a way to win games. It was a lot of fun to be a part of such an exceptional run to the playoffs.

Each player sat down and discussed their thoughts with us on this, so it was a really valuable way for me to get to know everyone better and to understand how they think about themselves and the game.

I guess now we know why the Libs put out that "Tari will not be back" report that month. Idea

Quote:
Picking # 10 takes us out of the running for the players who are most touted, but it puts us in position to get a player who we think may be able to help us right away, someone we hope will compete for minutes in our rotation. We have more than one need to fill, so which position we fill remains to be seen.

As it turns out I will be going to Israel to see Crystal Robinson, DeTrina White, Shameka Christon and K.B. Sharp and to Russia to watch Elena Baranova and Ann Wauters later this month.

http://www.wnba.com/liberty/news/QA_Stanley_011405.html

Well, looks like we have an idea of who is on the block! Shocked

As long as Shameka is a Liberty I'm happy, oh and D-Train too Smile

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/14/05 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

I'm not sure about VJ, she might be a goner.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 01/14/05 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think she'll be gone this year...I think she'll stay but if her performance is under par (as it was last year) she might be the 6th woman coming from the bench. Move C-Rob to the 2 and Christon spends some time at the 3 (or vice-versa).

A rotation of Becky, C-Rob, Shameka, Elena and the Waffle is not horrible. We would lack the physical presence, but we'll have height which is something we haven't had in quite some time, if ever. Yep, my beloved Tari is as good as gone (poor baby). If that is indeed the case, we need to get a banger...whether via the draft (although I doubt they'll last) or through free agency. The banger CANNOT come from Europe as we know Europe + banger = non-existent!!

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

I'm not sure about VJ, she might be a goner.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/14/05 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have a banger in D-Train. She's the force in the paint we need to create 2nd-chance points and keep the oposition from killing us on fast breaks (because we all know how our transition defense is non-existent).
If anything good comes out of the Waffle returning that is putting Donaphin where she belongs, the bench.
Now now, if Baranova doesn't return, are in we trouble...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: