RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LPGA Championship Yani Tseng

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 06/26/11 6:01 pm    ::: LPGA Championship Yani Tseng Reply Reply with quote

Unbelievable performance by Yani Tseng, wins by 10 shots. No offense to Yani or Rory but that is is what happens when you set up a course that depends on firm greens to be championship quality. Rain makes it a simple test for someone hitting it where they aim it and making putts.

I thought Annika would be the best female golfer I would ever see in my lifetime. Yani is on another level. She hits the ball like a guy. She could actually play on the men's tour I think.

That said, Yani could have won easily and never even hit a driver. So that bodes well for her at the Open in 2 weeks. She crushed her driver in the fairway on a tight golf course.

Cindy LaCrosse: I can't imagine what the pressure was on this kid today. She started the day tied for 2nd and finished T14 w/77. I was impressed with this kid before the day started and still am. No matter how bad things got she never stopped grinding. She has a great short game and I figure her to play well at the Open as well.

PostPosted: 06/28/11 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw her play at the LPGA tournament they played at Papago here, I believe it was her rookie year. I'll never forget seeing her slam a putt to the back of the cup and laugh at her luck when it dropped in. She impressed me as really seeming to enjoy herself. So refreshing when many players are just deadly serious. Yani has remained my favorite golfer since then. She is an incredibly talented young woman, and it's a thrill to watch her play.

PostPosted: 06/28/11 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:
I saw her play at the LPGA tournament they played at Papago here, I believe it was her rookie year. I'll never forget seeing her slam a putt to the back of the cup and laugh at her luck when it dropped in. She impressed me as really seeming to enjoy herself. So refreshing when many players are just deadly serious. Yani has remained my favorite golfer since then. She is an incredibly talented young woman, and it's a thrill to watch her play.

I saw her play a few years ago in a final round at State Farm. She was already a major champion. She had her friend caddying for her so it was just two teen girls out there taking on the best players in the world. It cracked me up!

And boy can she hit the ball big, I stepped off one that went 304 into a 15-20 mph quartering wind. She ended up losing to Oh in a playoff, never looked comfortable on the green, never looked comfortable period, and she almost won the thing!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: