RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trip Report from Infineon Raceway: Danica Pissed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/30/05 2:25 pm    ::: Trip Report from Infineon Raceway: Danica Pissed! Reply Reply with quote

After accidentally bumping into an IRL Promotional race in San Francisco last week, starring Danica Patrick, I decided to check out the race in Sonoma at Infineon Raceway last Sunday. It was the first time the IRL has been on a road course in the Bay Area and on this raceway, which features a ridiculous amount of turns and elevations. It's often likened to a roller coaster.

It was a nice day and many showed up. Unfortunately, early in the race, Lap 17 out of 80, a big crash caused by Ryan Briscoe spelled disaster for Danica Patrick and Helio Castroneves, taking them out of the race for good. It was even more unnerving, as those 2 were the only two racers I actually knew of Shocked Danica, obviously, and because you tend to remember a guy with the name of 'Helio Castroneves'... Razz (the 'H' is silent)

Basically, Danica and Helio were driving side by side around a turn, and Briscoe tried to drive up on the shoulder, thereby cut the corner, squeeze by and pass both of them. Unfortunately, he went over the shoulder, into the dirt, lost control and knocked Danica into Helio and all three careened towards the wall. Confused

Danica did a lot of autographing and is quite personable and funny. When asked "What is one thing that the fans don't know about Danica Patrick?", She responded "I'm really a man." lol Twisted Evil

When told that that piece of information is sure going disappoint everyone who bought your FHM magazine (I actually haven't bought it... yet Wink), Danica then said that she was joking and pointed out that she said it while tossing her hair back like a covergirl Razz She then followed it up to say that she's pretty happy about what her image is like now, so she thinks she'll just stand pat and save such things for later.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/18/05 12:22 pm    ::: Trip Report from Infineon Raceway: Danica Pissed! Part Deux Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Indy Racing League will look into a confrontation between Danica Patrick and Jaques Lazier that took place after the drivers bumped and wrecked during the season-ending race at California Speedway.

Brent Maurer, a spokesman for Patrick's Rahal Letterman Racing team, said the driver told him she tapped Lazier on the forehead with two fingers and said, "You've got to use this."

Lazier told the Indianapolis Star for a story in Monday editions that he didn't want to go into detail about their quarrel, but said, "Look, we had a difference of opinion about what happened, and we were both emotional. If she said she hit me on the temple with her fingers, that's fine. It doesn't matter. My son hits harder than she does."

Lazier's son is 4 years old.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/racing/10/17/patrick.lazier.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

I guess Danica was saving it up from last time... Shocked Razz

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/18/05 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
If she said she hit me on the temple with her fingers, that's fine. It doesn't matter. My son hits harder than she does.

OMG...she "hits like a girl"! Shocked

Slow down, big man! Shocked I'm sure Danica really meant to knock your ass out. Rolling Eyes

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: