RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

England vs. USA 04/02 (Live on ESPN2, 3pm EST)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/01/11 5:22 pm    ::: England vs. USA 04/02 (Live on ESPN2, 3pm EST) Reply Reply with quote

Just thought I'd mention this, in case anyone didn't know it was happening tomorrow (and also because I'm intending to be there). Only a friendly, but both teams are preparing for the World Cup in Germany later this year. Both have had some pretty mediocre results lately, what with the US losing to Mexico in the qualifiers and England losing to freaking Scotland for the first time ever just last month. So we could both use a win.

Live on ESPN2 in the US, or the FA website in the UK if anyone else in England happens to be randomly reading this.

BlueistheColor

PostPosted: 04/02/11 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder, I need to record this.

I'd be really surprised if either team fields their A squad in this game. I'm not sayin' it'll be a total B-squad game, but I wouldn't wanna risk certain players getting injured this close to the start of the Cup, but we'll see.

Prediction: I'm calling a draw, 1-1.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/02/11 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a really quite remarkably mediocre USA team you've got there. Yikes.

It's hard to see anyone beating either Germany or Brazil in the World Cup except the other one of Germany/Brazil when they meet in the final. The US might be theoretically 'ranked' #1 in the World, but that team didn't look anywhere near good enough to beat either of them tonight.

BlueistheColor

PostPosted: 04/02/11 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wasn't too impressed with the US team, myself. I didn't get the last 2-3 minutes of the match, but I'm willing to bet the game ended 2-1?

Either way, England deserved to win. They played better overall.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/02/11 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, 2-1. Heck of a strike by Yankey for England's second goal. Still not sure that our coach knows what her first-choice 11 is, but that group that started today was probably close.

Highlights here: http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6284416/england-upsets-top-ranked-us-women-soccer-friendly

BlueistheColor

PostPosted: 04/03/11 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Yankey's goal was great. If that's an uncertain starting 11, then I like England's chances to do well in the Cup. I already think they get out of the group, but I'm not sure whether they're gonna win the group or not. Either way, I was definitely impressed by them yesterday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: