RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015 WWC awarded to....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 03/08/11 5:54 pm    ::: 2015 WWC awarded to.... Reply Reply with quote

Canada.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/bodies/media/newsid=1392053.html

Canada also gets the rights to host the 2014 U-20 WWC.

Azerbaijan will host the 2012 U-17 WWC with Costa Rica hosting the 2014 U-17 WWC.

Uzbekistan will host the 2012 U-20 WWC after Vietnam had to drop out from hosting the tournament.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/08/11 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've heard raves about Toronto's soccer stadium and if Montreal gets a venue everyone in the northeast should go just to see Montreal. Trust me on that. Montreal is a long but doable drive from the NY area. (5.5-6 hours) Toronto, flying is best bet. It's possible to drive but its a MOFO.

PostPosted: 03/09/11 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thats a good deal. Canada has some talent and maybe has a decent team going into '15.

PostPosted: 03/31/11 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
I've heard raves about Toronto's soccer stadium and if Montreal gets a venue everyone in the northeast should go just to see Montreal. Trust me on that. Montreal is a long but doable drive from the NY area. (5.5-6 hours) Toronto, flying is best bet. It's possible to drive but its a MOFO.

Montreal's already got 2 stadiums, they were awarded an MLS franchise for next season. Saputo's gonna seat about 20,000, and the Olympic stadium is nearby.

Everything I've heard about BMO stadium is that it's a great venue, and with Montreal and Vancouver getting MLS teams, that's another pair of stadiums that outta be really well set up. I'm not sure what other stadiums went into the bidding process, but even with just those four, Canada's got a good start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: