RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Russians want Prince from the Sky
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roofpage

PostPosted: 02/26/11 6:01 am    ::: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

02/25/11 Sport-express.ru (translation)

No more Becky.
They want Prince for National Team.

ljohnverrell

PostPosted: 02/26/11 6:16 am    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

Roofpage wrote:
Quote:

No more Becky.

Is she eligible to play for them?

PostPosted: 02/26/11 6:19 am    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

ljohnverrell wrote:

I think so.

1. She has russian passport.
2. She`s never played for another NT.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/11 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't the U.S. interested?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
HotForHammon

PostPosted: 02/26/11 9:48 am    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

Roofpage wrote:
Quote:

No more Becky.

After the World Championships Becky pretty much said she didn't plan to be playing for them anymore. She must have been serious because up to last month Boris was saying she had the edge for Eurobasket over Prince due to familiarity with the rest of the team.

And feel bad for Prince because just going by what I have read in the media as well as all I have read on their MBs and newspaper comments she is going to have a rough go of it. They are not happy with the idea of a black player on the NT. Confused

And LMAO over Barnova...she has been lobbying to get back on that team for the past 6 months on her sports.ru blog...lol!

whitedudeluvswnba

PostPosted: 02/26/11 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally, I think the Russians should go F*** themselves and leave American players alone. Sure, it's great for Prince if she wants to do this because they pay them very nicely but I believe that a person that plays for their national team MUST be born of that nationality.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/26/11 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Personally, I think the Russians should go F*** themselves and leave American players alone.

Laughing Yeah, those big meanies should stop forcing Americans to get Russian passports.

PostPosted: 02/26/11 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Personally, I think the Russians should go F*** themselves and leave American players alone. Sure, it's great for Prince if she wants to do this because they pay them very nicely but I believe that a person that plays for their national team MUST be born of that nationality.

And vice versa. The US should return all medals won my non-born-in-americans.

PostPosted: 02/26/11 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now you got it!! Very Happy

eurobasket

PostPosted: 02/26/11 3:48 pm    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

ljohnverrell wrote:
Roofpage wrote:
Quote:

No more Becky.

Yes is a holder of a Russian passport, she plays in the Russian league as Russian.

HotForHammon wrote:

And feel bad for Prince because just going by what I have read in the media as well as all I have read on their MBs and newspaper comments she is going to have a rough go of it. They are not happy with the idea of a black player on the NT.

Do not believe everything you read in the press.

In 2007 the Russian men won EuroBasket with John Holden.

Anyway her inclusion in the Russian National Team will me more complicated for the WNBA and Chicago then it was with becky

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 02/26/11 5:11 pm    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

HotForHammon wrote:
Roofpage wrote:
Quote:

No more Becky.

After the World Championships Becky pretty much said she didn't plan to be playing for them anymore. She must have been serious because up to last month Boris was saying she had the edge for Eurobasket over Prince due to familiarity with the rest of the team.

And feel bad for Prince because just going by what I have read in the media as well as all I have read on their MBs and newspaper comments she is going to have a rough go of it. They are not happy with the idea of a black player on the NT. Confused

And LMAO over Barnova...she has been lobbying to get back on that team for the past 6 months on her sports.ru blog...lol!

Doesn't the Men's Russian NT Team have a black player or two? So is it just the Women's Team that feels this way, or are you saying Russian NT in general?

PostPosted: 02/26/11 5:21 pm    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
HotForHammon wrote:
Roofpage wrote:
Quote:

No more Becky.

Doesn't the Men's Russian NT Team have a black player or two? So is it just the Women's Team that feels this way, or are you saying Russian NT in general?

I got the impression it was the media itself that was not happy with a black player on the team, not the national team itself.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/26/11 6:12 pm    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
Doesn't the Men's Russian NT Team have a black player or two?

One of those black players is Russian by birth (and blood), so that's a bit different.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/26/11 6:53 pm    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

One of those black players is Russian by birth (and blood), so that's a bit different.

yes, there is a difference between a black russian and a white russian: half and half or cream. Laughing Wink

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 02/26/11 7:15 pm    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

yes, there is a difference between a black russian and a white russian: half and half or cream. Laughing Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now I'm thirsty.

PostPosted: 02/26/11 8:38 pm    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:

I got the impression it was the media itself that was not happy with a black player on the team, not the national team itself.

I think the media and the NT want to win (though I dont think it matters who they want to take whether it is Prince or Beck) they don't have the team talent to truly compete against the elite teams.

However, fans over there are definitely not happy with a Black player being on the NT. They are brutal and straight up ignorant when it comes to it.

I also wonder if the Sky and Pokie will be under pressure to give Prince their blessings to go play since Pokie has the Spartak contract over there (and Prince for that matter).

I say more power to Prince if she wants to take this opportunity to play on the world stage! And I hope that she doesnt catch the bullsh!t from fans here that Becky did cause she is going to be hearing enough sh!t from fans and crap over there.

eurobasket

PostPosted: 02/26/11 11:13 pm    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

John Holden was born in America and played for the EuroBasket 2007 winning team. He had played in Russia for more than 5 years before he was given a passport. That is the only difference between his situation ( not the color of his skin) and the fast track passport for Becky.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/26/11 11:19 pm    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

eurobasket wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

John Holden was born in America and played for the EuroBasket 2007 winning team. He had played in Russia for more than 5 years before he was given a passport. That is the only difference between his situation ( not the color of his skin) and the fast track passport for Becky.

I was talking about Victor Keyru, not JR Holden.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/26/11 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When I read the title thread, I was thinking about Prince (the singer/songwriter). Wink

StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/27/11 12:02 am    ::: Re: Russians want Prince from the Sky Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski much preferred White Russians. Cool

"Hey man, there's a beverage here!" Wink

Roofpage

PostPosted: 02/27/11 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are two questions :

- does She want?
- will the Sky let her go?

JohnyK

PostPosted: 02/27/11 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She better be wanting or she might get disqualified for a month at the start of next European season, I doubt that would be in the best interests of Chatman.

STLnTDOT

PostPosted: 02/27/11 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Roofpage wrote:
There are two questions :

- does She want?
- will the Sky let her go?

I think any player that isn't in the Team USA pool that takes a foreign passport is open to play for the country that gives them that passport. And with russia I am sure that was a requirement.

As for the Sky, they really have no say as to whether she goes or not cause I don't think Teams can prevent NT play.

The Sky will be between a rock in a hard place if Russia does come calling cause Pip is either going to have to go or lose the passport and then you have to wonder what the RFB will do to Pokie's position with Spartak. And trust me, they won't let it just slide if they think Pip blows them off.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/27/11 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

STLnTDOT wrote:

As for the Sky, they really have no say as to whether she goes or not cause I don't think Teams can prevent NT play.

Not really familiar with this whole thing, but couldn't the Sky suspend her and not lift the suspension if she goes, preventing her from playing in the league completely?

STLnTDOT

PostPosted: 02/27/11 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
STLnTDOT wrote:

Not really familiar with this whole thing, but couldn't the Sky suspend her and not lift the suspension if she goes, preventing her from playing in the league completely?

I think that Pokie's good standing with the RFB is also going to come into play with this if Prince gets called over.

They may not make Prince go to every camp and just have her show up for the tournament... then when they suck they can blame her for the lack of chemistry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: